The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 08-14-2003, 08:50 PM   #16
juju
no one of consequence

Nothing But Net, another casualty from the front lines of the drug war. :)
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 08:54 PM   #17
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by dave
See, I'm not exposed to that kind of thing, so I have no idea.
One of these days, I suspect you'll get a taste. After all, all long-haired people do drugs. Especially those driving Volvos.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 09:16 PM   #18
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
According to a story I heard, PA Troopers even pick on NY Troopers.
Only if they're cute.
Quote:
If they did not need to ask because they had 'probable cause', they wouldn't bother to do so.
Not necessarily, I've had state cops tell me they ask for reaction. Someone hiding something will quite often look in that direction.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:28 PM   #19
Nothing But Net
Professor

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar
I had Nevada plates, but luckily didn't encounter any problems as I went through LA and MS on I-10. Course, it was two women with the car stuffed full of shit, and obviously trying to leave the state as quickly as possible...
OnyxCougar, are you Thelma, or Louise? Because I really like Louise, you know...
Nothing But Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 07:26 AM   #20
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Well, I'm younger than Susan Sarandon and prettier than Geena Davis, so, I think I'll take the zero on that one.

Here's one of me and Kelle (who is now in Croatia) when we were in Vienna, Austria. It was the two of us in my little Neon, weighed down with as much crap as I could put in it. Not even a hole for the rear-view mirror.
Attached Images

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 09:43 PM   #21
warch
lurkin old school

My friend and I were stopped and searched outside of Kansas City in a classic white rental car with Texas plates. Three squad cars. They were very nice, pulled over for "speeding". we were not speeding, but we played the full-on we-are-sweet girls thing. They searched the back and trunk then let us go without a ticket.

Mr. warch, traveling with a, granted, greasy looking crew of guys in a van (with Texas plates- maybe that's it?)crossing into New Mexico, got the full stop and search, with dogs. Like 2 hours of search. The cops found nothing but insisted the dog was "indicating something" turns out it was hipster Chris's funky smelling pimp oil. Eventually they were allowed to leave, no ticket.

Hmm, Texas plates...
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 02:38 AM   #22
Nothing But Net
Professor

Quote:
Originally posted by warch
Chris's funky smelling pimp oil
Which, incidentally, would be a great name for a rock band.
Old 08-17-2003, 12:45 AM   #23
wolf
lobber of scimitars

One of my coworkers has always wanted to name her rockband "Brief Reactive Psychosis" but says she has to learn to play an instrument or sing first.

Hmmm... there are many rock musicians that hasn't stopped. Perhaps I should encourage her.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 10:28 AM   #24
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
there are many rock musicians that hasn't stopped. Perhaps I should encourage her.
If the folks had known how to play their instruments, punk would have never happened.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 11:36 AM   #25
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
One of my coworkers has always wanted to name her rockband "Brief Reactive Psychosis" but says she has to learn to play an instrument or sing first.
When my ex- was doing her rotation though your Esteemed Place of Employment she and her coworkers were fond of reminding themselves that the salient diference between them and the more permanent residents was:

"Not Much, But We Have The Keys"

If not a band title, certainly a song title.

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 01:27 PM   #26
warch
lurkin old school

One of my favorite band names: "Euripides Pants"
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 04:17 PM   #27
Cedar
Questionist

I saw the 60 minute segment on the Louisiana state cops and well as the one on the New Orleans cops and it appears to me that Lousiana has a serious problem. Its obvious that some sort of retardation has infected much of the law inforcement there. I can only surmise that low pay equals low IQ and that stopping the hapless motoring public somehow plugs the gap-- perhaps by kickbacks, political favors and the like.
I do know that I will avoid visiting the place at all cost which means that I won't be attending my nephew's wedding there next summer in New Orleans. Who needs that kind of hassle when there are many more less intruding places to visit where the police actually want to help the taxpayer. Let them drink swamp water I say.
Old 08-18-2003, 03:34 AM   #28
Nothing But Net
Professor

Really, just look what happened to Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper down there.
Old 08-31-2003, 12:09 PM   #29
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Tim just simply can't drive! trust me! i've ridden with him b4!

no seriously, it's an out-of-state plate thing. they're looking for drug trafficers. one of my friends had something similar happen to him in arkansas and they were asking him and all of his travel companions all kinds of questions, the same ol' same ol' they asked NBN......

Last edited by plthijinx; 08-31-2003 at 12:16 PM.
plthijinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 02:32 PM   #30
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

As an Arkansas resident with family in Louisiana I can assure you the speed trap that makes up the stateline between the two is legendary. I use speedtrap loosely as they'll give you a ticket because their wife told them to cut back on the donuts. I got stopped coming back from my Grandfathers funeral and the only reason I didn't get a ticket was that just as the bluelights came on I got passed by the cops nephew, who also pulled over. I was going about two mph over the limit. Not sure why the kid stopped since the cop was behind me, but his uncle sure went to bitching him out while I stood there. That's how I know the relation.
     Word is that New Orleans has cleaned up a lot since I living there as a kid, back then the cops would rob convenient stores in uniform. Wearing a ski mask and tape over their badge name/#. Who really knows though?
     Oh yeah, I got stopped in Oklahoma a while back, for speeding when I was traveling in the slow lane in a line with a bunch of Oakies. Yes, Warch, I had Texas plates at the time. Anyway, I mailed in my payment by check, the check was cashed and the ticket was never put on my record. I guess the city didn't want to share the cash with the county/state. Works for me. No ticket on my record.