The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 10-19-2009, 07:20 AM   #16
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

It's all those 30 kilogram ducks they have over there.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:59 AM   #17
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
You can't really blame Christianity for these sorts of things...
Of course not. The witches are to blame!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #18
monster
I hear them call the tide

Dear Friend,

My names are Dr. Child Witch . We are making this venture proposal to you in strict confidence. As a child witch in Nigeria , the govenment forbid us to own a foreign account. The money we have in our possession is an offering totaling Twenty Six Million, Four Hundred and Twenty Six Thousand US Dollars (US$26,426,000.00) which we want to transfer abroad with the assistance and co-operation of a company/or an individual to receive the said funds, via a reliable Bank Account.

If you will like to assist us as a partner, then indicate your interest after which we shall both discuss on the modalities. All other information to facilitate the remittance of the funds will be revealed to you in due course. For your assistance, you shall receive 30% amounting to US$7,927,800.00 of the US$26.426Million, 60% amounting to US$15,855,600 for us and 10% amounting to US$2,642,600 will be used to settle taxation and other miscellaneous expenses in the course of transferring the funds to your account.

Please indicate your direct telephone and direct fax number when replying this business proposal preferably through my alternative address: witches@nigeria.com I will call you when necessary. If you are not interested, please also indicate so that it will enable me to contact other foreign partner with recommendations to carry out this deal. In the event of my untimely death I will name you the sole inherit-person for this money as a compensations for your trouble.

A swift acknowledgment on the receipt of this mail will be appreciated.

Thank you and Devil bless you.

Best regards,

Dr. Child Witch

NB: Please send a copy of your respond to my ouija address
Old 10-19-2009, 12:26 PM   #19
Madman
has left the building.

Sad situation... killing kids for whatever personal gain these "fake" evangelists can acquire.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #20
Pie
Gone and done

I'm pretty sure Youtube links are the mark of Teh Debbil.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #21
monster

Do childwitches taste better than sandwiches?

It is horrible that anyone is killed for religeous reasons. Sadly alledged child witches in Nigeria are not the only innocent victims by a long way. Not even the only children or the ones to die most horribly. The whole thing stinks.

Ban religion.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #22
monster

mind you, with stories like this

albino killings

it's no wonder they want to put a stop to witch doctors.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:38 PM   #23
SamIam

Quote:
The administrative officer in the village where she was re-housed, Erasmus Rugarabamu, told the BBC Swahili service that the situation had improved and no albinos had been killed in her home village in the north-western Kagera region in the past year.
Just how many albino's do they have in the north-western Kagera region? What? Has there been sudden plague of them? Is witchcraft the cause? Inquiring minds wnat to know.

PS Monster, I loved your post. LOL

Last edited by SamIam; 10-19-2009 at 10:17 PM.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:06 PM   #24
Pie
Gone and done

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC
Albinism affects one in 20,000 people worldwide, but in Tanzania the prevalence appears to be much higher.

The Albino Association of Tanzania says that although just 4,000 albinos are officially registered in the country, they believe the actual number could be as high as 173,000. A census is now under way to try to verify the figures.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #25
SamIam

Yeah, they better hurry and count them before they are all killed off. God, what if you were an ALBINO child witch who has recieved a flu shot? I'll never complain about my life again.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:44 AM   #26
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Witch have been around for a long time. I know from watching the movies that the UK had a problem with them as well.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:29 PM   #27
joelnwil
Major Inhabitant

It seems that the same thing happens in India, only with older women.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8315980.stm

We have a hard time comprehending the lack of civilization in some parts of the world.
joelnwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #28
SamIam

10,000 E. Africans are in hiding after new wave of albino killings.

Officials call it a “kind of marketing exercise” among witch doctors. Dismembered, an albino’s body can be worth $75,000.

Quote:
NAIROBI, Kenya – The mistaken belief that albino body parts have magical powers has driven thousands of Africa's albinos into hiding, fearful of losing their lives and limbs to unscrupulous dealers who can make up to $75,000 selling a complete dismembered set.

Mary Owido, who lacks pigment that gives color to skin, eyes and hair, says she is only comfortable when at work or at home with her husband and children.

"Wherever I go people start talking about me, saying that my legs and hands can fetch a fortune in Tanzania," said Owido, 36, a mother of six. "This kind of talk scares me. I am afraid of going out alone."

Since 2007, 44 albinos have been killed in Tanzania and 14 others have been slain in Burundi, sparking widespread fear among albinos in East Africa.
More:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091128/...lbino_killings
Old 11-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #29
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Why are there so many of them in that area?
Old 11-28-2009, 11:05 PM   #30
SamIam

I agree. It sounds like alot. I googled it, and the instance of albinism is 1 in 17,000. If 10,000 east Africans are albino, that would give a population of 170,000,000 for the area?