The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 10-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #211
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Well had more tests today & didn't even get to talk to the doctor. They seem more concerned about the abnormal HGH than these hings growing in my head!! Arghhh. Anyway, I get to see the doctor next Monday. Another week of friggin worry.

The only thing that might brighten my outlook is if some of the female dwellars posted some NSFW pics. Hint -hint. (Pity??)
Old 10-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #212
monster
I hear them call the tide

Did you spell out to them that that is what you were worried about?
Old 10-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #213
Big Sarge

I keep seeing residents & lab personnel. I have to wait to see the attending at the VA.
Today was private pay. I saw a nurse & she was very nice but couldn't discuss anything. The doctor wants these lab results before he talks to me.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #214
monster

That sucks so much
Old 10-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #215
Big Sarge

I can't handle this anymore. The VA doctors are nice to me, but the waiting list for appointments is ridiculous. So now I either have 2 microadenomas or neurosacrcadosis, but I am responding to treatment. I have to private pay for one of the meds because the VA won't cover it (Axiron). The endo clinic can't do anything about the 1 cm mass in my right temporal lobe. They are referring me to neurology in April. BTW, They had found the 1cm mass in May but just told me about it this month.

Psych meds: They had upped me to 80 mgm of celexa and it was working good. Then they let my prescription run out forcing me into serotonin withdrawl. They had cancelled my prescription without telling me the FDA says the max dose can only be 40mgm. So I finally got a 30 day supply & now the VA has decided the max dose can only be 20 mgm. Now they've ordered a different med for me to start hopefully next week.

I'm so frustrated!! Different departments don't talk to eachother in the VA. When I was there 2 weeks ago and told them I was out of psych meds, endo couldn't give me a refill. Also, they didn't tell me about the temporal lobe mass. I only found out when I requested a copy of my records & then the resident told me they have to send me to neuro in 6 months.

Yes it is poor pitiful me. I have something causing masses in my head. My going on & off psych meds is affecting my personal life. My job is going to hell and I expect to be fired at anytime! I can't handle this. I am past my breaking point.

Thank you for letting me vent
Old 10-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #216
monster

ugh. Move to UK, marry Sundae, get NHS.

sorry, sarge, it all sounds so horribly, horribly compex at a time when that is nearly the last thing you need.

Does the ?army have any non-medical counsellors to help with legal things and the like, who you could get to advocate for you?
Old 10-25-2011, 02:47 PM   #217
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Oh Sarge. I'm sending you a big ole pile of British hugs. I have no practical advice to offer, but maybe Monster is on the money? Can you get an advocate/counsellor/care -worker of some sort to help you beat the medical profession into submission?
Old 10-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #218
SamIam

The VA absolutely sucks. Sorry you are having to go through all this Sarge.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #219
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
BTW, They had found the 1cm mass in May but just told me about it this month.
I'd have went to jail. As God as my witness, I'd've bounced off the ceiling. Even I can't believe how mad that makes me. There just can not be a reason to have withheld that type of information from you. For five fucking months!!

JFC.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:29 PM   #220
Big Sarge

my oldest daughter left school early to come over and stay with me. my ex-wife is even ging to bring me some dinner and talk to me. she is a psych counselor. i just let the crap get the best of me today
Old 10-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #221
Big Sarge

Sorry for the poor pitiful me shit last night. Family stayed with me and then I had Addie today. So I'm in better spirits. Job pressure is tremendous but a 4 year old dancing around the PD in different color tutus really seemed to put everyone in a good mood
Old 10-27-2011, 09:06 AM   #222
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Do not apologise for letting off steam/ranting here. If not here, then where can you Sarge? Huh?
Old 10-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #223
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Sarge that's not poor pitiful me stuff at all.
That's dealing with a serious condition and the authorities that should be helping you but aren't.

I'm so glad you have people who love you around.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:08 AM   #224
Big Sarge

Home with my oldest girl for awhile. She has missed school 3 days this week. As far as me, I'm taking 9 different meds a day (some multiplr doses). I am feeling a little better, but Dr Palmer noted the weakness on my left side has worsened. Paying out of pocket sucks, but it sure beats waiting for VA openings
Old 11-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #225
monster

I think you can claim it on your taxes?