The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 01-05-2005, 07:44 AM   #31
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I thought it was funny.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:35 AM   #32
Katkeeper
Hoodoo Guru

I'm still laughing at the evil mushrooms!
Katkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:47 AM   #33
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
I thought it was hilarious. It seems that it is just you.
Really? From some of the other replies in the thread it appears that others didn't get either, and you would therefore be exaggerating, wouldn't you? Oooops, I forgot, wolf knows everthing. Silly me.
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:15 AM   #34
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I believe that's a joke about some sort of mathematical or physics theory, no? Nobody gets it, dude.

Garnet, your spats with wolf aside, this is why you end up in so many flamewars with various people on this board. Maybe you don't realize it, but that comment comes off as rather rude and dismissive. If you were speaking the sentence in real life, perhaps you would somehow use your tone to make it clear that you were teasing (if indeed you were,) but when typed out, with no emoticons to help express what you mean, you look as if you just lashed out in a condescending manner towards someone who merely made a joke.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:29 AM   #35
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

AND, she's a big scary lesbian.

don;t forget the lesbian cracks, clod.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:35 AM   #36
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble
I believe that's a joke about some sort of mathematical or physics theory, no? Nobody gets it, dude.

Garnet, your spats with wolf aside, this is why you end up in so many flamewars with various people on this board. Maybe you don't realize it, but that comment comes off as rather rude and dismissive. If you were speaking the sentence in real life, perhaps you would somehow use your tone to make it clear that you were teasing (if indeed you were,) but when typed out, with no emoticons to help express what you mean, you look as if you just lashed out in a condescending manner towards someone who merely made a joke.
How did I know I would hear from you next? Hmmm, probably because you take every chance you get to attack my posts--not surprising.

I did not intend to insult the individual who made that joke, and I apologize if I did. He, however, did not seem to be insulted by it, did he? He politely explained the joke, which I appreciate, and did not seem to be offended whatsoever. And I thought the use of the slang term "dude" in post may have hinted that I ws just joking around, but apparently people like you, wolf, and dar512 are hell-bent on insisting that I'm insulting people. Why don't you get off my ass? You go out of your way to rip on me, just as you've done practically since day one (and the same is true of wolf). I ignore your posts because I don't like you. Perhaps you can show me the same courtesy. Thank you.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:39 AM   #37
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

how can you not like clodfobble? she's adorable......oh, i know. she's too obviously hetero. and maybe a little brainy.....but still adorable
Old 01-05-2005, 09:41 AM   #38
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

ps....yes, it's rainy out, jinx is still asleep, and i feel the urge to stir the poop.

yay me!
Old 01-05-2005, 09:47 AM   #39
garnet

I love ya, LJ--you know that. I'll take your insults any day...at least they're funny!
Old 01-05-2005, 10:42 AM   #40
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
"Maybe you don't realize it, but that comment comes off as rather rude and dismissive."

"I ignore your posts because I don't like you. Perhaps you can show me the same courtesy. Thank you."
Now THAT is a flame-fest. Ouch!!!!

Don't either of you have anything worse to say about each other? Don't you see how the guys get it done? Where are the insults about each other's family, sexual ability, appearance, etc.? Where are the offers to get together in real life and kick each other's ass?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:43 AM   #41
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

damn. i guess you broke the code. oh well, i guess i'll go clean out shelby's pigstie of a jeep. ho hum.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:52 AM   #42
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Garnet, I think what you fail to understand is that I don't bust on every single post you make. I don't have the time, or the energy. The comment was funny, and, I thought, appropriately weighted to your concept about not getting the joke.

If you can't take one, don't make one.

There is an effect in psychology where you remember when things meet your pattern, and dismiss or forget things when they don't ... such as the number of times you see your "lucky number", which appears with the same frequency as the other ones, or having a premonition of disaster and having it come true.

An amazing number of psychics have released their prediction of the Indian Ocean Tsunami ... afterthe wave hit.

They don't crow so loudly about their misses.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:58 AM   #43
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
Now THAT is a flame-fest. Ouch!!!!

Don't either of you have anything worse to say about each other? Don't you see how the guys get it done? Where are the insults about each other's family, sexual ability, appearance, etc.? Where are the offers to get together in real life and kick each other's ass?
Heh heh. I think that's LumberJim's territory :p
Old 01-05-2005, 11:11 AM   #44
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Garnet, I think what you fail to understand is that I don't bust on every single post you make. I don't have the time, or the energy. The comment was funny, and, I thought, appropriately weighted to your concept about not getting the joke.
I'm aware of that wolf, and I never said you did. You only attack me when the mood suits you, which, in my opinion, is far too frequently, and for no reason other than because you feel like it.

I disagree that your comment was "appropriately weighted." In all your posts you choose your words carefully, and I respect that about you. I, unfortunately, am not quite as careful sometimes, and I admit it. It seems to me, however, that your words in that post were specifically chosen to make Garnet look stupid. Maybe you didn't intend it that way, but that's how I read it. If that wasn't your intent, perhaps you should follow Clodfobble's all-knowing words of wisdom and use the smilies.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:31 AM   #45
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
An amazing number of psychics have released their prediction of the Indian Ocean Tsunami ... afterthe wave hit.
One of my wives used to do that all the time. Anything going on always drew dire predictions from her. If nothing came of it...silence, but if she was right...we'd never hear the end of it.