elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

The sender of spam I received yesterday: "The Answer"

A.I. is sending ME e-mail?!
Old 07-23-2002, 03:21 PM   #32
elSicomoro

From today:

"A review of your resume at Monster.com indicates that you may possess some of the skills, aptitudes, and/or experiences needed for success within our company. We are looking for a select number of qualified individuals who have the capability to become Supervisor Executives and have a genuine desire to be successful and wealthy. If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, please visit our website at: www.BecomeProsperous.com .

Please do not reply by email. We ask that you go to our website and download the information. We use this screening process to eliminate those candidates who are not serious or qualified to be part of our team."
--

Now then...

1) Download what? Am I supposed to blindly follow you, shit for brains?

2) I have no desire to be successful and wealthy...just unsuccessful and poor.
Old 08-05-2002, 07:33 AM   #33
elSicomoro

Apparently, A.I. is sending me e-mail again...

To: sycamore

Subject: Friend, This should help...

That break you've been asking for all this time,
THIS IS IT!

http://www.crackwhore.com (not the real url)
Let me know what you think.
Old 08-17-2002, 10:44 PM   #34
elSicomoro

Finally! A new country on the African scam:

Dear Sir,
I am Jacques Strappe, the secretary of Commercial farmers
Union (CFUZ) of Zimbabwe. After the last general elections
in my country where the incumbent president Mr. Robert Mugabe
won the presidential election, the government has adopted a
very aggressive land reforms programme. This programme is
solely aimed at taking the land owned by white African farmers
for redistribution to black Africans. This programme has
attracted worldwide condemnation from world leaders including
British Prime Minister, Mr. Tony Blair and also forced several
white farmers to flee the country for fear of
victimization and physical abuse. A few weeks ago,
our headquarters in Harare was attacked and looted by
black protesters and in the process burnt down the whole building.
Fortunately, they did not get access to the huge funds kept
in the strong room which belongs to the co-operation.
This cash was kept at the secretariat rather than in the bank
for fear of seizure by the government. Now I have the funds
in my possession and would need to get it invested in a
viable business venture in europe.
The cash in question is US$46Million US$dollars.
Once I can get your commitment and sincerity of investing this
funds on our behalf then I would proceed to get the funds freighted to Europe,
where you would be required to pick it up for investment for us.
You do not have anything to worry about as I would undertake all
charges involved in freighting the funds to europe,
and the business proposal is 100% legal and risk free.
You would be adequately compensated for all your effort
once we have gotten the funds to europe.
Please get back to me if you can be of assistance
and I would want our correspondence to be via email as most
phone lines of white farmers are bugged by the government.
I expect 100% confidentiality and your prompt response to this
mail so as to proceed.
Kind regards,

Jacques Strappe.

Incidentally, I received a similar one Thursday from someone claiming to be the son of former Zaire dictator Mobutu Sese Seko. This Zimbabwe guy offers $10 million more though.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:40 AM   #35
Nic Name
retired

Bummer

Let me ask you this...which is worse:

A. The engine on your Lexus freezes up at 160,000 miles instead of 300,000. You take a financial hit and you are forced to buy a Camry this time.

B. You start bleeding during bowel movements. You go to the doctor and get poked, prodded, X-ray'd, biopsied, etc. 3 days later you get a call for a consultation. The doctor informs you that you have advanced colon cancer at 45 years old. You have anywhere from 6 months to 5 years left to live. He tells you it's time to get your house in order because you'll be checking out soon. Chemotherapy starts today.

A friend of mine who was a science and health researcher at the University of Chicago, just died this past year of colon cancer at 42. In the midst of the prime of his life, he said goodbye, and left his wife and child behind, wondering what just hit them.

Why do you brush your teeth? Are your teeth falling out right now? For most of us, we do it so we won't need false teeth and Fixodent down the road...right? We want to be able to eat apples. Hey, I agree with that. Natural teeth are great.

But have you ever seen someone who was forced to endure a colonectomy? Someone who now will be spending the rest of their life carrying a bag around?

Incredibly, this is an area where even the staunchest MD's AGREE with us!! Can you believe it? If they knew you had the greatest colon cleanse in the world, I bet they might even refer people to you. NO, I'm not kidding...

This subject is not even up for debate. It's a proven fact. The problem is, most people are not doing anything about it. Please don't be one of them.

****WARNING*****

The next section of this email contains graphic material which may not be suitable for squeamish individuals.

Let's talk stools.

The stool tells you a lot about your colon health. If it's dark brown in color, and it sinks, and it stinks, that's not good. And don't feel bad, that's the way most people are. What you want to see is light brown color, which means it's full of fresh bile from the liver, very mild odor, and a stool that floats. We're talking low-density here folks. The more compaction you have the darker the color and the faster it sinks. Compaction is not good. Also, moving bowels should be SIMPLE. If the veins are popping out of your neck and you feel like your doing the bench press, you NEED to cleanse your colon.

When you do the cleanse, for the first few days....things are a little weird. But you know you're cleansed when you see the above good stuff happening, and you are eliminating at least 2-3 times per day.

Cleansing your colon is a 30-day process. Its also very economical at under $50. You may be very surprised at some of the benefits you will receive besides just losing 1-5 lbs of cr*p from your body and brightening your future health.

People have reported more energy, less allergies, clearing of acne, cessation of migraines, and many other results, not to mention restored regularity. When your body is void of old, poisonous toxins that are constantly being reabsorbed through the colon walls, it can begin to heal again. And when the colon walls are clean, the good nutrients from your food and supplements can be absorbed again. You will be thrilled with the results.

At this point you are either nauseated thinking about what is inside your own colon, or you're ready to do something about cleaning it out.

Want more info? Click here and I'll send it to you, including instructions on how to take it. It is private, all natural, totally safe, inexpensive, and very effective. And yes, I have taken it myself.

Currently available only in the U.S. and Canada. Seeking Distributors to meet high demand.
Old 08-20-2002, 12:59 PM   #36
LordSludge
Geek

Just got a spam 5 minutes ago with only a Subject; no body:

Subject: Cop pulls you over and Free ink all in todays Special fun

Now what the hell does that mean??????
Old 08-20-2002, 07:40 PM   #37
elSicomoro

Subject from spam e-mail: Tired of life with only one USB hub?

Sycamore sez: "I can't go on any more with just one hub!"
Old 08-20-2002, 07:44 PM   #38
elSicomoro

Subject from spam e-mail: True Freedom of Speech!

First paragraph: TAKE THE AOL CHALLENGE AND GET: TRUE FREEDOM OF SPEECH
GET 5000 FREE MINUTES OF LONG DISTANCE WHEN YOU TRY AOL
1000 HOURS FREE FOR 45 DAYS!

Sycamore sez: "Thank you for protecting the 1st amendment, AOL Time Warner." :p
Old 08-21-2002, 06:26 AM   #39
Griff
still says videotape

Thats just wrong.
Old 08-21-2002, 07:42 PM   #40
elSicomoro

I was reading an article online last week...can't remember if it was MSNBC or ZDNet. It discussed how spammers operate (anonymous e-mail servers, "plain" subject lines, etc.) and how some of the ISPs are taking them to court. In a couple of instances, a couple of spammers are suing ISPs (Earthlink, I believe, in particular) for "messing with their business."

I became a forced member of Earthlink 3 years ago (when they swallowed Mindspring), and I must say that I am impressed with their efforts to at least reduce the amount of spam that hits my accounts. They have the "Spaminator," which takes out a ton of the spam that I get. On average, I get 5-10 spams a day, the majority of them through my Earthlink accounts. The Spaminator takes out about 30-40 messages a day.

For some reason, junk mail doesn't bother me, but spam does. *shrugs*
Old 08-22-2002, 06:16 AM   #41
Griff
still says videotape

Amazing Gadgets!

Military L.E.D light - $30 Value, FREE!

FREE Military Superbright L.E.D, pay only $5.99 S&H

Intensity. Convenience. Longevity. Words that sure fit THIS hot little item! A beam powerful enough to be seen a mile away. A casing smaller than your car keys. And a bulb that'll put everything else to shame! (10,000 + hours!) Tired of fumbling to find the lock to your front door after dark? Or trying to read a roadmap without switching on the annoying overhead light? Looking for something really cool to take hiking and camping? Here's real power...for just a little squeeze! Lithium batteries INCLUDED!
Buy Now! Click HERE

I got one last Christmas, it works well but I'm not sure why its a military keychain
Old 09-21-2002, 10:38 PM   #42
Nic Name
retired

----- Original Message -----

To: expect
Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2002 8:36 AM
Subject: Can we have dinner sometime? ZBR

Hello

My name is Natalie. I live in St.Petersberg and I am looking for a real relationship with a real man. I signed up with this internet service to meet good western men -- I hope you are really there.

Please see and write me here if you like me

Well, Ruth or Natalie or whatever your name is ... I hope you're really there too because I am looking for a real relationship with a really stupid woman from St. Petersberg.
Old 09-21-2002, 10:50 PM   #43
elSicomoro

I'm curious Nic...did you actually go to the link?

The reason I ask is b/c that sounds like something that could actually be true. You know...desperate Russian girl wants to hook up with someone from N. America or Western Europe to get married and get a green card (or the equivalent of such in countries outside the US).

A guy that used to work at an internet cafe I frequented in St. Louis was always on those sorta sites. He was dead serious about getting a mail order bride.
Old 09-21-2002, 11:03 PM   #44
Nic Name
retired

I didn't go to that link.

I think the word is out all over St. Petersberg that I'm still available, because I'm getting a few of these messages every day from other Russian babes.

I really gotta stay off that http://www.kournikova.com/ website.

Hey, western pervert. You can't have Anna, but we've got others who will go to dinner with you!
Old 09-21-2002, 11:06 PM   #45
elSicomoro

Quote:
Originally posted by Nic Name
Hey, western pervert. You can't have Anna, but we've got others who will go to dinner with you!
Among other things.