The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 09-03-2005, 05:50 PM   #16
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
It creates pictures in my head of sloth fingered, bacon eating, pale, socially regected dwellers that actually inhabit a dark, musty, curiously moist cellar.
Yeah, that's about right.
Last year I was writing to a kid in Falusia. He was a radio operator with a Marine Medical Unit there. He asked me to write instead of email because the computer location was always under rocket attack. Seems the baddies knew that would be a popular destination to guys off duty without body armor.
Hope your work place isn't that popular with the rocket men.

btw, do you guys read Michael Yon's posts?

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 09-03-2005 at 05:53 PM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 06:18 PM   #17
Griff
still says videotape

Welcome aboard, TalkIsCheap. You're going to see a lot of us bitching about the war here but be assured nobody here, except maybe Radar, has anything but deep respect for you guys in the shit. I was raised by a Marine but never trusted politicians enough to follow his lead. Be safe. g
Old 09-03-2005, 06:45 PM   #18
Griff
still says videotape

Oh and I'm also a scaredy cat, so it prolly wouldn't have worked out.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:20 PM   #19
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

A+ entry post. There will be no quiz required of you. Don;t suppose you could track nicotinegun down and sneak some tinfoil into his cereal?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 10:51 PM   #20
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

that was one of the best posts ive read in here. welcome aboard.
makes me glad to be postin' here
Kagen4o4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 03:22 PM   #21
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
It creates pictures in my head of sloth fingered, bacon eating, pale, socially regected dwellers that actually inhabit a dark, musty, curiously moist cellar.
Not all of us eat bacon. RichLevy keeps kosher.

If we were applying ourselves to other pursuits such as fitness and nutrition, we wouldn't be here, and we wouldn't have any energy to be clever. None at all.

We do have some experience, as far as Marines and computers goes ... ZippyT seems to manage okay. For a jarhead.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 05:21 PM   #22
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkIsCheap
From what I've read I could have typed in whale penis and got the same results. I was instantly hooked,
Y'know, that whale penis thing has really, really paid off.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 06:58 PM   #23
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkIsCheap
Your posts are intriguing, entertaining, and as I'm discovering, highly addictive. I've never been able to get my required daily intake of narcissism, wit, sarcasm, dry humor, wet humor, bullshit, and brutal honesty in one place before. I'm not going to sit here and lick your assholes all day. If you want praise, call your mother. Or just murder proper grammar in a corn field. That seems to work.
Hey, GI! I adore you! Are you single?
Old 09-04-2005, 07:10 PM   #24
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf

If we were applying ourselves to other pursuits such as fitness and nutrition, we wouldn't be here, and we wouldn't have any energy to be clever. None at all.
hey i go to the gym everyday and still manage to write entertaining, enlightened posts about anything and everything to do with the filth and rancid drool that some people call intelligent thoughts in this nerd magnet, hell-hole you scum call "the cellar".
Kagen4o4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 10:28 PM   #25
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Yo TalkIs Cheap.........
2nd div.115 th Mike Co. Waving the arm we have left.
Love ya Bro.....
Semper Fi
Old 09-05-2005, 01:14 AM   #26
TalkIsCheap
But so am I

Location: Currently enjoying the wonderful desert regions of Iraq
Ok, I'm a little freaked out here. The picture from which this discussion was born, was taken in the town right next to the one I'm from (Canandaigua, NY). I'm not one to acknowledge fate but I'm a big time supporter of coincidence.

To Capnhowdy, I'm currently attached to 2nd Mar Div. I usually reside with IIMEF but since January I've been out in Ar Ramadi with the grunts. It's always motivating to find edumacated jar heads roaming the internet. KILL!!!!

To Marichiko, Yes I'm currently single, but the battle of the sexes has left me more worse for wear than the battle in Iraq. That's pretty sad since I'm only 20. I haven't surrendered to the female regime. My Marine roots prohibit me from doing that. I'm just re-evaluating my battle plan. And trying to acquire some artillery since it seems you have the market cornered.

To Griff, honestly other than actively participating in it, I don't support this war. This is where the life I've lead has brought me so I've haven't got much else to do but live it. And don't sweat being a scaredy cat. When rounds are coming at you, big or small, strong or weak, seasoned or novice, everyone gets scared. I heard a quote once about how courage is the overcoming of fear. So without the initial fear, there could be no courage.

To xoxoxoBruce, I'm heading to Fallujah in a few weeks for my next rotation so I'll be sure to avoid the internet tent there. My job offers me the perk of having an internet connection and a secure building. The gear I'm trained on is worth quite a bit so they make sure to keep it in a hardened facility. All my experience with your "rocket men" has led me to believe one truth. They all have horrible aim. The fact that our multiple guard towers are equipped with fully automatic machine guns and our counter fire is capable of dropping 100 pound arty shells with pinpoint accuracy probably might make their aim a little shaky. I had never read any of Michael Yon's work, but after you wrote that I looked into him and have begun to catch myself up. So far I'm enjoying them.

To the creators and sustainers of the cellar, thank you for your service and thank you for your kind welcome. I only hope that I can contribute to your running success.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:28 PM   #27
Griff
still says videotape

Pretty old thread!
I hope talkischeap is doing ok.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:11 PM   #28
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Pretty old thread!
LOL...didn't notice the dates on the thread. I wondered why talk wasn't in the top part of the new members list.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:32 PM   #29
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Also Tobiasly...
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #30
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I sent him an email, hopefully he'll respond.