The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2007, 01:15 AM   #7
Kimberlin
Kinda New Member

Post Re: Chatroom suicide

The person who hung himself... he has a name... Kevin. I have known Kevin for about 2 yrs online and off. He was a very very good friend of mine. Some of you ( and not just in here) may have thought he was being "egged on" to "do it" and to many (especially the press) think ppl were doing. Most people that were in that specific chat room thought it was a hoax.... a joke..... that it wasn't real. Also the room was never an insult room to begin with although over the last year... because some of the content in that room was a little out of text... the administrators of the chat program requested that the room have the name "insult" put in.
Do I think his "webcam suicide" was pre-meditated.... yes. And why choose a room where he had many friends to do this act... exact same reason that Dana had mentioned..... He didn't want to be alone. Trust me... the ppl who did the "egging on" and bantering in the room at the time are paying the price. And some I know are very very distraught about it as well... including those who also pleaded with him not too do so.
Kevin was a very kind and caring friend and a wonderful father to his 2 children as well.
It seems that alot of people this last week have been so easy to judge those of us who where there when it happened and unless you know all the facts. All I know is alot of journalists out there that do not have the facts straigt and are looking to pin the whole situation on some of the people who were in that room the nigh it happened. They just want to make a dollar here and there off of false statements.....
So all I have to say is this.... to you all out there (including any journalists).... just remember this..... behind every internet connection that is plugged in to every computer..... there is a real person sitting there..... a person that has feelings. Please take those into consideration.

Thanks
Kimberlin is offline   Reply With Quote