The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 02:11 PM   #16
Hurricane
Kinda New Member

Hillrick- you are my hero.

Some people deserve to die a horrible death. That bitch certainly does.
Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #17
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Hullo, Hurricane. Welcome to da Cellah.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #18
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLrep View Post
This is terrible. I just recently got a young Shepherd/Collie mix that looks similar to the second picture of the dog, and seeing this makes me want to drive home and hug him.

Though I never fail to find it interesting that such stories always garner far stronger responses than do stories of abused humans.
Humans generally have the capacity to defend themselves from such barbarity. Most domesticated animals are at the mercy of their keeper. I said KEEPER. Nobody actually OWNS an animal IMO.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #19
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
What is the answer?
I think if we reintroduced the stocks, and put offenders like these on public display, letting anyone who wants have a go at them, this type of thing would be reduced.
Attached Images

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #20
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I like it, Grav. It's very much like having the guillitine erected right in front of the congressional building (AND SENATE)...makes for a nice, good visual.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #21
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

..and reminder.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:04 PM   #22
Bruce 9012
Living in the blast crater

This picture has me in a state of shock. My blood pressure is up and I feel some rage coming on
Bruce 9012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:20 PM   #23
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I think if we reintroduced the stocks, and put offenders like these on public display, letting anyone who wants have a go at them, this type of thing would be reduced.
Well done.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:29 PM   #24
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

"Joy Battison, of Orchard Hill, Little Billing, Northants" There are a bunch of links about this, but this person is lucky she doesn't live around here. Any dwellars near this place?
Old 01-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #25
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLrep View Post
Though I never fail to find it interesting that such stories always garner far stronger responses than do stories of abused humans.
I'm not sure that's true. For one, shocked silence is a pretty strong response. Just not one that is well shared on a bulletin board. That's pretty much how I react when I read horific abuse stories -human or animal. secondly I don't recall seeing a story of human abuse which did not generate more outrage than this, and thirdly if there are fewer suggestions as to what to do with the perps, perhaps it's because human abuse is generally strongly punished already, and if the miscreants do go back into society, they won't find it easy to fade into anonymity. Animal abuse seems absurdly minimally punished.

Poor dog.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:41 PM   #26
floatingk
The desert SW sucks....

Theres a lady out here in NM who actively seeks and captures mistreated animals and sets them up for better lives. I have two of her dogs and theyre mega cuddlers. Apparently both of my dogs came from underneath cars on blocks. She gets shot at alot too. Thats the cool part.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #27
dmg1969
I got nothing

That is totally un-fucking believable! 12 months of supervision for that!?!? That makes me want to puke! I have a black German Shepherd and saw him when I looked at that photo.

I'd probably get banned or investigated if I said what should happen to this Joy Battison. So...I will stick to "I hope that fucking c*nt dies a slow, painful and miserable death". That is all.
dmg1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #28
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
How Hobo came to be dropped off at the PDSA Pet Aid Hospital in Northampton in such a terrible condition last summer remains unclear.
I'd like to know if there was an intervention angel, or a guilty conscience... maybe just a convenient disposal?
Old 01-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #29
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

There may be more to this than we know.
Maybe the original owner of the dog developed a mental illness that made her unable to cope and she took refuge in denial of reality. Remember those really filthy rooms we saw images of a while back? It might be something like that, which would make the light sentence more fitting.
Of course, if she wasn't mentally ill, then I'll gladly join the old-fashioned-justice mob.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:40 PM   #30
Tree Fae
Major Inhabitant

This woman's Karma is going to be coming after her for many lives to come. Anyone who abuses an animal should be locked up for their lives and starved in the process.
My Darby is a pound puppy, and I just can't imagine why his owner wasn't looking for him, he is absolutely wonderful. Their loss our gain.