The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 03-27-2003, 11:08 PM   #16
Nothing But Net
Professor

WoG (heh, good acronym, are you one?):

Everyone is allowed to express their opinion in this country, and even assemble in public to do so (try that in most Middle East countries).

Shitting on the sidewalk, blocking streets, and standing in front of moving heavy machinery just aren't really effective ways of making a point. It just makes you look stupid.
Nothing But Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 11:41 PM   #17
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

She's not BEING violent, although she is burning (!) the symbol of her citizenship in a celebration of violent, suicidal behavior while her organization provides shelter to organizers of the worst kind of thugs.

But you can't claim that she doesn't LOOK violent. Tell the truth: if the bitch in those photos moved next door, wailing at full voice, her Zippo at the ready, well you'd surely run out and buy reinforced deadbolts, and put the number of the local cops on speed dial.

I would never say that people don't have the right to protest. I have often protested myself, and yes in the streets. However I do reserve the right to judge whether the protesters are in the right. To my way of thinking, the folks at the Tea Party were. The woman in those images is not. Which side are you on?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 01:31 AM   #18
Nothing But Net
Professor

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
if the bitch in those photos moved next door, wailing at full voice, her Zippo at the ready, well you'd surely run out and buy reinforced deadbolts, and put the number of the local cops on speed dial.
Undertoad, not only are you a poet, but you're a fucking genius as well.

Kudos, my friend, that was one of the best posts anywhere, ever.
Nothing But Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 04:33 AM   #19
jaguar
whig

Well you know when you witness that kind of opression and forced depreavity every day you tend ot get ANGRY. In fact you'd probably start to understand and empathise why people are willing to sacrifice thier such limited lives when they live in a state of constant bullying, humiliation and slaughter that means even non-violent results in bloody murder of even foreign citizens without qualms but thugs. Only difference is the thugs have tanks, armoured bulldozers and f-16s. Which legitimises it of course.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:48 AM   #20
dave

What's she burning there, Tony?
Old 03-28-2003, 10:55 AM   #21
Bitmap
Look who thinks he's clever Dan.

Found this <a href="http://www.israelnationalnews.com/article.php3?id=2111">article</a>[israelnationalnews.com]:
Quote:
Rachel Corrie´s wasted life ended as a result of throwing herself in front of an Israeli bulldozer to protect the "property" of a terrorist,

But i can't decide who is the bigger fool, The one that steps infont of the buldozer or the one that drives it.
Bitmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 11:08 AM   #22
dave

It wasn't the home of a doctor she was standing in front of?
Old 03-28-2003, 11:13 AM   #23
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

She's burning the symbol of her country of citizenship.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:16 AM   #24
dave

<a href="http://www.cellar.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=20062#post20062">And there's something wrong with that?</a>
Old 03-28-2003, 12:17 PM   #25
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

No there isn't.
Old 03-28-2003, 06:01 PM   #26
WrathOfGod
Rapscallion

Choose Your Side

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
Which side are you on?
I am on the side of Truth, Justice, and Liberty. Your vulgarities and arguments could never sway me from that. I will defend the Constitution and its Bill of Rights to my last breath. I have been a soldier but now I am a citizen, and I compelled by the duties of a citizen to question the actions and motives of my representatives. I will protest when necessary and I will defend the right of others to express protest even if I disagree with their message. Which side are you on?
WrathOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 07:12 PM   #27
Nightsong
Wang Dude

Well wrath you sound like either a evangilist or a politician. I would not judge or attack anyone on who's side they are on because everyone is entitled to their own opinions. As long as they believe in their thing than that is fine, but are we still talking about the same post or are you using this as a campian to something bigger?? Just curious...
Nightsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 07:19 PM   #28
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Yeah, that last post by polliwog sounded like something radar would say...maybe they're related.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 09:20 PM   #29
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

WoG, thank you for your service.

It's interesting because I, too, am on the side of Truth, Justice, and Liberty and believe in defending the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

So THAT'S not the source of our differences... what is?
Old 03-29-2003, 09:05 AM   #30
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Everyone is allowed to voice their opinion and demonstrate their position as long as they do it in a way that's acceptable to ME.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote