The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 07-21-2006, 08:36 PM   #31
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I wonder what the penalty is for that? One stroke or two?
Old 07-22-2006, 12:06 AM   #32
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I think anybody that would pay a vet to remove that golf ball is stroking something, but I don't like snakes.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:51 PM   #33
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
My brother used to complain about how much money americans spend each year on golf, and if they would just put that money into his favorite space program, we could really make some progress. The number he quoted me was astronomical. In the multiple billions, I think.
The same could be said about candy bars or anything else... that kind of thinking makes no sense.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:06 PM   #34
Ubergeek
Simulated Simulacrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar512
Anyone have a python? I'm wondering how long it took to eat this thing -- and where the owner was.
My brother has a Boa... has had since I was a kid... it's pushing the far side of 30. It was the most boring thing in the world to watch eat.

It would squeeze the hell out of the rat... that could be fascinating at times. But then it would take a VERY long time to make sure it was at the head of the rat, then very very slowly swallow it down. It would take it a good hour and a half to eat 1 rat.

Eventually you reach the point where you just toss in the "critter de jour", watch long enough to make sure it doesn't some how escape and Sam (now well over 11 feet long) does go for it, and then you leave it alone.

But the electric blanket in the pen was a reallllllllllly bad idea. My brother consulted a zoo and they said either radient flooring for the pen (which has gotten huge now that Sam is 11 feet in length) or specialized heat lighting with special shields to keep him warm.

One really neat thing he found in some pet supply place was a big heat rock... it was ceramic and looked just like a 1 foot by 3 foot slab of rock, but it plugged in and you could control it. He bought 3 of them and then added some cermaic fishtank rocks for texture (Sam likes textures to curl around) and Sam now has a neat heated place to keep warm.

Now having said all that, my bother has spent a small fortune on this moving boot leather... but he does love the thing.

And before anybody starts writing a nasty letter to the above comment... I love the big moving boot leather okay? I house sit for him and his wife whenever they go on vacation, just to take care of Sam.

BTW, as the final irony... as it turned out... "Sam" is a girl... we just never bothered renaming "him". LOL.

Acroyear
Old 07-24-2006, 01:16 PM   #35
John
Operations Operative

Quote:
what a waste of surgical skills and money when 20% of americans have no medical coverage at all!
If it bothers you, you could move to a civilised, modern country instead.
John is offline   Reply With Quote