Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 08-11-2004, 03:57 AM   #31
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You can talk to former residents.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:36 AM   #32
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Very interesting series of photos Kitsune. How is the water quality there? Better than at home?
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 07:57 AM   #33
Kitsune
still eats dirt

You can talk to former residents.

Already have, xoxoxoBruce -- you found the previous resident I've been in contact with. Born in 1928, she has plenty of stories about the town!

How is the water quality there? Better than at home?

Around old phosphate stacks? I guess you could say the water is a bit "tart".

The big fear here, these days, is with all the rain we've had the stacks are going to overflow. Oh, and we have two Tropical Storms/Hurricanes headed our way in the next 96 hours. Great.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:28 AM   #34
perth
Strong Silent Type

Maybe the cooler was creepy because it was a dark, enclosed space with the only exit obscured by old plastic. I'm just sayin.

Actually I've never been anywhere that "felt wrong". I've been with people that have felt it. Example: A friend lived in a house where someone committed suicide. Went to visit him once with a girl I was crushing on. She didn't know anything about the suicide but was insistent that we leave shortly after arriving. Hre reasoning? The place didn't "feel right". Maybe I'm just not sensitive to that sort of thing, but I do lean towards believing it's all in a person's head.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:24 PM   #35
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yeah, I thought that 4 page list of former residents, with their present addresses, might turn up someone near you. But like the WW II vets, I'm sure they're dropping off fast.
Oh, and don't make any plans, we Cellarites are planning plenty of work (research) for you.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:59 PM   #36
Rakarin
Antagonistic Antagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune

Yet, the overall feeling that some places instill into me is amazing. It is, without question, downright creepy now and then. Old buildings are wonderful in a way and I can't, for whatever reason, chalk all of it up to the surroundings. A lot of the emotions and feelings from old buildings just seem to seep out of the walls, sometimes. And, if you close your eyes and listen carefully...

Don't be too sure about the "overactive imagination" thing, though.

Oh, I'm not. I just keep saying that for my own benefit. No doubt: some places get to me in weird ways I don't feel comfortable admitting.
Like the back hall in the back of the basement of the Chemistry building? but only if you're facing the north exit?

Hi 狐.

I finally made an account!

I think we all have our boogeyman places. I just think it's interresting when they begin to overlap.

Ĝis rivedon.

Rakarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 11:59 PM   #37
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Like the back hall in the back of the basement of the Chemistry building? but only if you're facing the north exit?

Screw you. I don't like it because that back hall just smells funny because of the vomit bucket -- I never get the creeps there.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 12:40 AM   #38
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune
I don't like it because that back hall just smells funny because of the vomit bucket...
I am morbidly intrigued...

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote