View Poll Results: Election '08
Republican: McCain/Thompson 4 30.77%
Democrat: Obama/Lieberman 6 46.15%
FU Party: Clinton/Giuliani 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2008, 09:39 AM   #16
lookout123
changed his status to single

I guess I could have been really unrealistic and put up a third party ticket. Anyone know their names?
Old 01-15-2008, 03:09 PM   #17
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

I wouldn't vote for a Republican or a Democrat with a loaded gun to my head...

But the best tickets the major parties could have of those currently on the ballot would be...

Ron Paul (Pres)/McCain (VP)

vs.

Edwards (Pres)/Obama (VP)

But there is one guy who nobody in either of the major parties could beat. If this guy ran he'd be GUARANTEED to win.

Al Gore.

If Al Gore announced he wanted to be considered for the ticket at the Convention and he was chosen as the presidential candidate, nobody else in the Democratic Party or Republican party would have a chance. He'd run away with the election.

He could choose any of the other candidates as his VP (though I'd hope it wasn't Hillary), and he would win.

I wouldn't vote for any of them.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:35 PM   #18
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:05 PM   #19
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I'd rather have Bush, than Gore.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:21 PM   #20
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Congrats on that.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:47 PM   #21
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
I'd rather have Bush, than Gore.
I'd rather have Saddam Hussein as President than George W. Bush.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:15 AM   #22
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

But Radar, I've got dibs on Gore as the first president of my new, functioning, world government! You Americans had your chance, now wait your turn!

Seriously, I had given no thought to who might actually be a world president, but now that I do, he's the only one I can think of.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:10 AM   #23
aimeecc
Super Intendent

I'd rather have neither Bush or Gore.

Let's see... I'd like to have an election where I can choose between experienced candidates with solid positions and new ideas, with diplomatic savvy. Instead, it will be another year of choosing between the lesser of multiple evils. They are all agents of change (can we ban that word for 2008? I'm already tired of it)... there are no new ideas, and the experience in most, although relevant, means they've also learned to change their position based on the whim of the electorate to stay in power. Not the experience I want.

I still can't get over Gore pushing environmentalism when his lifestyle is as anti-green as they come. And although he didn't exactly claim to invent the internet (his words were "took the initiative in creating the internet", referring to legislative actions while in Congress), the fact is many of the core components of today's internet were in place before he was in Congress. He did sponsor or co-sponsor important legislation relating to computers and the internet in the late 80/early 90s, but that's not exactly legislatively paving the way for the internet. The information superhighway was already paved by then.
aimeecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:10 AM   #24
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

I'd take Gore and his level-headed view on environmentalism over any other Democratic candidate and I feel it is owed to him since he already won the election once.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:39 AM   #25
aimeecc
Super Intendent

He won once?

Gore may have a view on environmentalism, but he does not change his own lifestyle to actually live more eco-friendly. He and Tipper live in two properties: a 10,000-square-foot, 20-room, eight-bathroom home in Nashville, and a 4,000-square-foot home in Arlington, Va. 10,000 sq ft for 2 people? 8 bathrooms? In both Tennessee and Virginia, utility companies offer wind energy as an alternative to traditional energy for a few extra pennies per kilowatt hour. However, Gore has not signed up to use green energy in either of his residences. Gore also has large stock holdings in Occidental (Oxy) Petroleum. "As executor of his family's trust, over the years Gore has controlled hundreds of thousands of dollars in Oxy stock. Oxy has been mired in controversy over oil drilling in ecologically sensitive areas." He flies around in the private corporate jet to promote his movie... all while burning up precious resources and contriibuting to the devestating carbon emiisions. Not exactly practicing what he preaches. Bush's Crawford ranch is more eco-friendly than Gore's Nashville mansion.

No, I'm not a Bush lover. I just think Gore is completely fake.
aimeecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:19 PM   #26
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You're shooting the messenger, aimeecc. I understand it was in response to Radars praising the messenger, which also sucks.