Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 01-03-2003, 10:46 AM   #166
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by blowmeetheclown
What's six months compared to 39 years? It's like convincing Strom he has another year to go before he gets another free meal at Denny's.
L?
Some women are just totally weirded out by the idea of their age ending in a zero. I've never understood this. I've cruised through 40, and am looking at 41 in (counts on fingers) 6 days ... no biggie.

My mother is SO obsessed by the thought of people finding out HER age that she lies about my and my sister's ages to keep people from guessing.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 10:53 AM   #167
dave

Yeah, I don't think so. We were from good ol' Carroll County. I doubt he was first in his family to go to college, but probably only second generation...
Old 01-04-2003, 02:47 AM   #168
Cairo
Coronation Incarnate

I see my thread has been successfully hi-JACKED!
Nice...should I change the title? What a wonderful welcome you all show, it's quite overwelming!

Hermi22 -
Of course "some topics" were discovered since the 70's. He never said otherwise, more of your comprehension handicap I suppose. He said the principles of the laws of physics or thermodynamics are no different than in the 70's. Try disputing what is said next time instead of making up things.

No, recent studies are leading in the direction of the fact that we have no influence on the ozone hole what-so-ever! What's "idiotic" is to ignore these studies for selfish agenda-driven reasons. What does the discovery of mammal bones from melting polar ice caps in Canada after thousands of years frozen solid tell you?
The chemicals we "puke" into the atmosphere doesn't affect the Earth, but they do affect us. However, restrictions are not the solution. California claims to be "The leading example to all other States on how to cut down pollution". But for all their expensive restrictions, in the last 3 years California has managed to champion into #1 most polluted city in the U.S....and #2 city,and #3 city, pushing Houston into 4th place from 1st.
California got more polluted under strict restrictions and Houston cut down pollution without restrictions.

http://www.lungusa.org/air2001/table3.html

Progress=Industry=Pollution.
Some Cities choose progress, and some Cities remain simple...where you live is up to you! But just remember as you are using and buying electricity, car, lawnmower, computer, hair products, soap, baby oil, make up, deodorant, cologne, clothes, lotions, c.d.'s, T.v.'s, cell phone, food, drink, etc...etc...your choice is progress!

You are the one who severely needs a History lesson(and Comprehension 101) Wahabism is the puritanical Muslim sect, Arab religious reformers and enforcers, if you will. Founded in Saudi and spread throughout the Middle East as the Puritan Islam. Are you saying that "Palestinians" are NOT Arab, Muslim, or Islamic?
I take issue and am appalled with you for even attempting to give a pass(the road to Hell is paved with good intensions) to a bunch of TERRORISTS who danced in the streets in masses upon hearing that their brethren succeeded in the massacre of 3,000 human lives on American soil! Shame on you for forgetting!!!! Plus the fact that in return for your forgiveness, they would sooner rip out your heart than look at you, or defend you! They sacrifice their children into crossfire for money! you have no clue what jihad is at all!

Ju ju -
You are right, it won't happen again.

Jaguar -
1. This is my thread, so piss off if you don't like this discussion!
2. "little to nothing of value"...? Debunking your uneducated little nothing posts are very valuable to readers out there who seek to broaden their knowledge. You are what the Bible describes as a Fool..."The lips of the righteous feed many; but fools die for want of wisdom." Look it up sometime.
3. Yeah, your ignor-ant list is getting longer...
running from the truth takes alot out of a guy.

Dave -
Hehehe...Run, as in away like a coward...if the UROA are all cowards who don't put America's best interest first, then yes, I am refering to them.

Blowmee -
This is your 2nd strike...one more...out!
Try comparing 39 to 40 instead. See the first number?...Bingo!

Seeing as a few of you tend to go "Hitler" on me, meaning trying to get rid of opposition, and are content to just wallow in their Utopian pipe dreams... I believe I've said all I need to say, so I'm done with this thread...hi-jack away!

The biggest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the World that he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze
Cairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 07:26 AM   #169
That Guy
He who reads, sometimes writes.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cairo
Blowmee -
This is your 2nd strike...one more...out!
Try comparing 39 to 40 instead. See the first number?...Bingo!
You're basically <font size=+2>40</font>, so just deal with it. It's less than 6 months away, so grow up, act like a big girl, and accept it as the meaningless number that it is.
Were you as sensitive when you hit 10? How about 20?
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 08:53 AM   #170
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Blowmee, that wasn't bad, but I would have went with...40!!!
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 09:20 AM   #171
99 44/100% pure
Infrequently Astonished

. . . And Such Small Portions!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cairo
I see my thread has been successfully hi-JACKED!
... I believe I've said all I need to say, so I'm done with this thread...hi-jack away!
Thank GODDESS.

BTW, when I turned 38 I started calling myself 40, just because the college kids I work around don't deal with numbers that aren't multiples of five. I could have been 60 for all they cared. By the time I turned 40, I barely noticed.

Happy birthday (in a few days), Wolf.
Old 01-04-2003, 10:14 AM   #172
That Guy
He who reads, sometimes writes.

Re: . . . And Such Small Portions!

Quote:
Originally posted by 99 44/100% pure

Thank GODDESS.
Far from it. Maybe I could have believed "some ranting web-aholic that knows only as much as Google will feed a person about any particular mundane topic five minutes before they cut-n-paste to a message board." But "goddess?" I don't think so.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 06:08 PM   #173
Cairo
Coronation Incarnate

Seems a lot of you put too much emphasis and stock into the results of one test...the Colleges don't.
The Colleges admit based on a student's entire academic past, they figure if you are an average student in High School who aces the SAT, you either tutored well for the test or you cheated. Either way, not exceptional ability. My niece graduated in the top 5% of her class, was a student council member for 3 years in her Charter/Magnet School, and was one of the few asked to give a speech at their Graduation Ceremonies. She didn't need to apply to Universities because they came to her, two Universities up north(Michigan and New York) courted her to visit their campuses by paying for her flight and hotel over a weekend. Kind of like athlete star treatment, only in academics...because those Universities know my niece would help make them look good on paper. Her best offer was from Rice University, so my niece is winding up her Freshman year at Rice...and the best part? She's still in Texas!
Yes, it is in the gene pool, my son at 7 years of age, plays the piano, plays chess,speaks english and spanish, takes tae kwon do, is almost 4th grade level in reading and math, and holds straight A's this semester. And my daughter at 2 years of age counts to 10 in english and spanish, knows all her colors, and has a vocabulary that rivals a 5 year old.
So jaguar likes to fantasize that my gene pool keeps company with his inferior lineage in the shallow end, but the reality is I procreate offspring who don't have to beg for admittance into College....and we wouldn't be caught dead swimming with FOOLS like you!

The biggest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the World that he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze
Cairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 06:11 PM   #174
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Yea, but can the 7 year old shoot?
Old 01-05-2003, 06:18 PM   #175
elSicomoro

$20 says the internet is like liquid courage for Cairo.
Old 01-05-2003, 06:21 PM   #176
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

ok...how do you prove a winner of the bet?
Old 01-05-2003, 06:26 PM   #177
elSicomoro

Well, the only real way would be to actually know Cairo in person...
Old 01-05-2003, 07:52 PM   #178
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Who would want to know a worthless, stupid, right-wing, religious zealot, that knows nothing about the Constitution or America, has no personality to speak of, and thus far has shown no redeeming qualities as a human being like Cairo?

I certainly wouldn't. But if I did, I'd go to the special olympics.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 07:59 PM   #179
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally posted by Radar
Who would want to know a worthless, stupid, right-wing, religious zealot, that knows nothing about the Constitution or America, has no personality to speak of, and thus far has shown no redeeming qualities as a human being like Cairo?

I certainly wouldn't. But if I did, I'd go to the special olympics.

Oh come on Radar. We know you have a crush on her. Face reality, shes taken so just move on

Last edited by slang; 01-05-2003 at 10:27 PM.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 08:04 PM   #180
elSicomoro

You can be the most intelligent kid in the class, but if you don't have a decent personality, nobody listens...and nobody cares.