The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 07-14-2007, 12:38 PM   #46
theotherguy
no not that other guy, the other one

LJ - here is the run down for you - I am sitting here on the couch the day after with very little discomfort. I was sure to follow the doc's recommendations yesterday and didn't move off of the couch much. Ice on for 10 min. Then, off for 20 min for about 12 hours. I should be able to do just about anything I want tomorrow. No sex until Tuesday and I am not supposed to exercise for 7 days.

The procedure itself was rather uneventful. There was some discomfort during - more pressure than pain. But, other than that, it was very simple and painless.

However, I was in so much pain on Thursday night that I wasn't sure I could go on with it. What's that you say? Wasn't that the night before the procedure? Yes.

Word of warning to any going in for the V. DO NOT USE NAIR ON YOUR BALL SACK! It hurt like hell. It burned me to the point that I couldn't even have sex the night before the procedure. My sack was fireball red and hurting to the point that I could not walk. How crazy! My wife thought she would help me out and put some sunburn ease stuff on it. She sprayed it on, I yelled, and about came out of my skin. I was in so much freaking pain, but all I could do was laugh. All because I didn't want to nick my sack with a razor.

If anyone is thinking about getting a vasectomy, but hesitant. Just do it. I agree with Glatt now. It really is no big deal.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:36 PM   #47
rkzenrage

Ugly, & when that fails, nerd.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:21 PM   #48
glatt

Well, I'm glad it turned out OK.

Nair, huh? I didn't have to shave, the doctor did that for me, and only partially. The procedure's wasn't a big deal, and nothing compared to what moms go through with childbirth. It's kind of silly of me to even compare the two. It's like a hangnail compared to a, um, I dunno, a very painful thing.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:34 PM   #49
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

And for the record, if it's a C-section the women get shaved too. Cheapass Bic disposable razor too... grumble grumble
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:02 PM   #50
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Clod - Brazilian!!!!
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:00 AM   #51
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

All three of my kids were born on three different methods of birth control - The Pill, condoms and a diaphragm. After our third child I got snipped and she got tied (C-section anyway). No more probs since then. I don't remember the surgery being that big a deal, but I do remember a really large older nurse with a 5 cent Bic razor and an evil grin.
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:58 AM   #52
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

We use Birth control pills. I don't really like them, but I loathe condoms. They are ok once in a while, but not on a regular basis... they just make me feel really sore afterwards. I want to get something like the Mirena, but since I haven't had any children I didn't think I could.

How were you able to get yours, Pie? Did you insurance cover it? I think I might be willing to undergo lots of pain just so I don't have to take the damn pill anymore. Once we decide on the children issue then he will get the V, and I will get my tubes tied just to be safe.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:30 AM   #53
Pie
Gone and done

Yep, insurance covered it. I was out a total of $60 (2 doctor's visits at $30 per). It's good for 5 years. I've never had children, and that wasn't an issue.
See here for my whole story.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:39 PM   #54
Baila
Kinda New Member

cervical cap

I was on the pill for a year and hated the irritability and all the horrible side effects, so now I have gotten a cervical cap-the femcap- and use that will spermicide and also my boyfriend doesn't ejaculate inside me, so I think we are taking more than enough precautions to not get pregnant but he is still so paranoid about it, he still doesn't think that that is enough-the femcap, spermicide and withdrawal! I don't think that is being irrational but rather responsible, but I can't seem to convince him otherwise...
Baila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #55
Dingleschmutz
is not a palindrome...

I've found that anal sex works quite well. If you get her pregnant that way, it's probably a good sign that you're going at it too hard.
Dingleschmutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:46 PM   #56
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingleschmutz View Post
I've found that anal sex works quite well. If you get her pregnant that way, it's probably a good sign that you're going at it too hard.
True. And just to make sure no pregnancy occurs, I only fuck guys.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:00 PM   #57
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

We use the Hysterectomy. Works wonders.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:12 PM   #58
binky
all hollowed out

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
did it hurt?

is yer mangravy thinner now?

did your health insurance pay for it?

did it hurt?
According to Mr Binky, not that much pain, insurance paid, mangravy is fine, and great worry free sex afterward
Old 04-21-2008, 08:14 PM   #59
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Mrs. Dallas had her tubes tied after kid #2.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:19 PM   #60
Buffalo Bill
Resident President

Anal,oral, headache!
Buffalo Bill is offline   Reply With Quote