Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2014, 05:57 PM   #1
Nirvana
Back in 10

Workplace drama....

I almost want to name this "Tales From The Nuthouse" but that was taken. Some of you saw my workplace rant in What's upsetting you Today? and I thought maybe we needed a place just for superficial or worrisome work place drama. Mine certainly is the former.

Sometimes I just want to vent and don't really want an answer to a question and I hate ruining anyone's post in other threads with my superficial "Workplace Drama"

After being passed over for full time it really annoyed me and being my own boss for years has not prepared me for "jousting" in the work place but sometimes I think every man for himself, then we can get down to the team work.

Going to work on Monday I made the conscious decision [ effort] to just go to work and not feel anything about this recent 'betrayal'. [ ] My shift boss who had been on vacation the previous week must have thought he needed to have a conversation with me while giving me my check stub from the previous week.

Somehow the conversation came around and he asked me if I liked working there and my almost too quick response was "I did" He appeared genuinely shocked I would say that and was also ignorant of the fact that I had trained the person they hired and that I had been in that department 2 months longer than she, and unlike her, I had no performance points. Number 1 this tells me this was a popularity contest and 2 the right hand has no clue about the left. [nice] It was fun to at least have that to say. I bit my tongue on other things.

My immediate line boss was super super nice to me and let me work virtually unmolested. When she has an issue with someone she micro manages them to the point of being irritating. Something she did to me the last day I worked last week, but I never showed I was irritated did not want her to get the satisfaction or maybe she was seeing if I would get mad? I dunno. She has been telling me I would be full time before the other lady even worked in our department.

I work Mon- Wed on Wed when I came to work immediate line boss tells me I will be hired in full time>deja vu?< she continues by telling me to not tell anyone and keep it quiet. I did not know whether to celebrate or slit my wrists by this time I don't trust anything about that place.

After lunch there is a line boss staff meeting. Lady that was hired full time tells me she knows why there is a staff meeting but can't say to me . I let her comment pass. {whatever }

At the end of our shift I ask her what she thinks she knows about the staff meeting she says to me oh they are going to be hiring you FT> she is not the only one immediate boss has told and I thought why am I supposed to keep quiet about it if she is telling everyone else?

So I am off til Mon when I will feel like instead of gong to work I will be attending a funeral. Maybe I am the one that is crazy....