The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-13-2008, 09:42 AM   #1
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I'm taking over ur cellar

ha! It's sunday morning and there ARE people ON but no one but me is posting.

I'm taking over, doody-heads.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i have to go out for the day. save me some cellr for l8tr.

I'm going to our nephew's birthday party, and then visiting my sister, brother, and Pop...who is up from NC. We're planning an acoustic jam session. Her new beau is a bass player. I'm bringing my guitar and conga plus the maracas tambourine and stuff for the kids to bang on. should be a fun day.

If I hadn't had these plans, I could have gone to my boss's kid's 1st communion party. ::finger gun to the temple::
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

I'm cozying up to a warm cup of cellar this morning, and then heading out to spend the day with my cuddly wonderful boyfriend
Old 04-13-2008, 10:19 AM   #4
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
ha! It's sunday morning and there ARE people ON but no one but me is posting.
What am I, chopped liver? I'm awake, tired, and cranky. A 'perfect storm' for posting on the Cellar.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:37 AM   #5
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

This is a driveby Cellar visit for me. Played a gig Friday night with my band, then last night ran sound for Small Potatoes, stayed over with L, now must go unload and reload dishwasher, then run get chicken for tonight's Family meal (which will feature the usual polyfamily group, plus my ex wife, who wishes to discuss the impending move of our son to his fiance's house 60 miles South of KC). After chicken pickin', I have to go to the Pagan organization meeting where Selene is running for President and I for Treasurer in our annual Officer elections, then rush back home and prepare dinner for 12.

Thank Gods for relaxing weekends.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #6
euphoriatheory
Sealed for your protection.

Location: New Hampshire. (It's a real state. It's north of Boston.)
Elspode, does it piss you off to know that the only thing I'm doing today is directing the movers where to put our fabulous new king-sized bed?? (And then pouncing on it and remaining there until Monday?)
euphoriatheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:01 AM   #7
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy View Post
What am I, chopped liver? I'm awake, tired, and cranky. A 'perfect storm' for posting on the Cellar.
All apologies, richlevy. Post away, you misanthrope! Post away!!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 04-13-2008, 05:47 PM   #8
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

has anyone left any cellar for Lj? He's apparently at some hippie party sponsored by his own father.

It explains a LOT.

—James Barrie

Old 04-13-2008, 05:56 PM   #9
lushchocolateswirl
Hi just me

Oh bah humbug!!!!! I'm a day ahead of you . Lets see we can do this . You can have Sunday while I'll have Monday and we'll alternate.

A king size bed? Is that the kind of bed that you need a backscratcher to reach the other person in the bed?
Old 04-13-2008, 05:56 PM   #10
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Nope. The cellar needs a good hijacker outside of myself for once. You go Bri!

(Apparently all of my personalities are busy in chat anyway)
Old 04-13-2008, 06:14 PM   #11
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
(Apparently all of my personalities are busy in chat anyway)
Oh, has Lj unveiled you as a "multiple"?

Do not worry, little Cicero. He did that to me, too; and it was a none-too-kind one. As a matter of fact, he accused me (via PM, i'll give him that) of being my own most hated nemesis! Only UT divulging my address (some magic to do with internet addresses, etc) convinced him that I was really NOT my own worst enemy (via NOT in colorado but, indeed, in murderous Ohio)

ah, good times...

—James Barrie

Old 04-13-2008, 06:22 PM   #12
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

lol! No, apparently it's my fault for being impersonated by someone else though!

I got bitched out because someone isn't admitting that they aren't me in chat. And apparently razz, and maybe others think I'm logging in as two different people to talk to myself in chat, and I won't tell them who I am when they show up.

Weird.

Hey cellar! whatthefuckever!
Old 04-13-2008, 07:17 PM   #13
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #14
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
Oh, has Lj unveiled you as a "multiple"?

Do not worry, little Cicero. He did that to me, too; and it was a none-too-kind one. As a matter of fact, he accused me (via PM, i'll give him that) of being my own most hated nemesis! Only UT divulging my address (some magic to do with internet addresses, etc) convinced him that I was really NOT my own worst enemy (via NOT in colorado but, indeed, in murderous Ohio)

ah, good times...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
lol! No, apparently it's my fault for being impersonated by someone else though!

I got bitched out because someone isn't admitting that they aren't me in chat. And apparently razz, and maybe others think I'm logging in as two different people to talk to myself in chat, and I won't tell them who I am when they show up.

Weird.

Hey cellar! whatthefuckever!
It's this kind of thing that makes me question the sanity of people making such accusations and make me think that the internet might be the most danerous place on earth. ( earth?)
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:30 PM   #15
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

bri, you do me a disservice there. i had reason to make that leap, if you'll recall.

also, i never said anything to cicero about impersonating anyone or being anyone else.

and look what ya did....now the pot is trying to call me a kettle.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote