The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-12-2009, 11:43 AM   #256
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I'm cool. My sense of humor is, to say the least, sarcastic. My temper is infamous.

I've found I'm much less upset by this whole thing than when KNOWN dwellars are being dickheads to a dwellar I happen to like, that's for sure. That to me is worth 17 pages of posts, this is just...um...kind of fun. I'm weird like that.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #257
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
But seriously, I think he was just trying to make peace/get things on an even keel and also (possibly) defend his friends. That's a fair enough thing to do isn't it?
It is. Except when your friends behave like asses. I can't support anyone who defends TGRR.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #258
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

You don't have to support him, honey *smiles*. But I'm sure you can respect his attempts to make peace, no?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #259
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I read the PD thread. Apologize, classic, because you fucked up, and do feel free to settle down now.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:55 AM   #260
fomentor
Vivacious Vivisectionist

just because somebody is a self admitted troll doesn't mean every word they post on the Internet is trolling, or that trolling is the purpose of there visiting every site they go to, i cant comment on their motives with any certainty, but knowing the people that do cross post here it is very much reasonable to assume they came here looking for friendship, lively political debate and the coffee shop environment. if you treat a person like they are trolling and repeatedly accuse them of trolling, at some point they will say "well hell if this is the response i get from these people i might as well escalate the hostility", and any chance of them becoming a member of this group is gone..

if the some of the cross posters have abrasive aspects to there communication style "so what" so do some of your regulars why is it trolling from some and accepted from others?
fomentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #261
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
So you do have a problem with me - OK.
Because I am distrustful of people from PD who have repeatedly proven and admitted themselves to be trolls. Well gee, now you want to come over here and play the whole good cop thing - and then tell me I'm being unreasonable for being suspicious? FAIL.
No, I have a problem with my interactions with you so far. I don't even know you, how could I have a problem with you.

Wait, let me try and parse that sentence. You have a problem with PD who have already shown themselves to be trolls, or you have problems with PD because everyone from there is a troll? I'm not sure I know which meaning you are aiming for, and the sentence structure isn't helping.

I'm not "playing" at anything. I'm sorry you think I am. You are being suspicious without good reason. You are using the actions of others to blame me and ascribing to me motives that are not apparent. What possible gain is there in me acting like this, except for attaining my stated aim? Please explain this, because I really do not understand how talking and explaining is "trolling" you.
Kaliayev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #262
jinx
Come on, cat.

I just want to know who the troll posting from West Chester is. Did we figure that out yet (I've just been skimming)?
Old 06-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #263
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Ok, so what is your intention in even attempting to drag this issue out through repeated discussion? Why would you go back to PD and make the comments that you have been quoted as making? Why are you still posting on both places about this?
My intention in coming back was to clear up some misapprehensions that seem to have arisen. My posts on PD have been adequately explained, I feel.

I'm sorry that you and Classicman seem to think discussion, apologizing and correcting misunderstandings are trollings. All I can say is that I hope this place never gets attacked by real trolls. If you think this is anything near what they would do...well, you're sorely mistaken, to say the least.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:01 PM   #264
DanaC

As far as I know, we never cleared that up Jinx.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:02 PM   #265
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
I'm saying, you tell classic to rectify his post...rectify the misinfo you have going on over there. That's fair, is it not?
I hadn't read that far yet. And when I did, I fixed up the misunderstanding immediately. I was using TGRR's post search to get to the thread, Classicman's post was the first one I came across, then I went backwards and worked my way through the thread.

Anyway, I have posted a clarification in the thread in question, so hopefully now both sides both know the truth about the respective misunderstandings.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:02 PM   #266
DanaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaliayev View Post
My intention in coming back was to clear up some misapprehensions that seem to have arisen. My posts on PD have been adequately explained, I feel.

I'm sorry that you and Classicman seem to think discussion, apologizing and correcting misunderstandings are trollings. All I can say is that I hope this place never gets attacked by real trolls. If you think this is anything near what they would do...well, you're sorely mistaken, to say the least.
We have been. Though, I believe we acquired at least one really cool member from it.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:03 PM   #267
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

OK>>>>late response:

Let's not pile all over classic, huh? Perhaps we don't need a scapegoat, for once. He hardly "started" this mess, as no one individual did, and as far as I can see he is sticking up for friends.

But, whuddever.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:05 PM   #268
DanaC

Agreed Shawnee. He did get it wrong on who posted that comment; but he has explained that he had difficulty reading through the thread and identifying who said what. I know I find the board style a little difficult to navigate.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:05 PM   #269
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I read the PD thread. Apologize, classic, because you fucked up, and do feel free to settle down now.
I apologize for my unintentional mistake in copying the quotes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaliayev View Post
No, I have a problem with my interactions with you so far.
I'll solve that this way - I'm taking a break from interacting with you. How is that. I'll be the bad guy and go sit in time out.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:05 PM   #270
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
It is. Except when your friends behave like asses. I can't support anyone who defends TGRR.
I'm not defending anyone. Please point out where I have defended TGRR in this thread? Really, because while maybe I did, in a throwaway comment or something that wasn't the main thrust of my post, but I don't recall defending him at all. He's more than capable of speaking for himself, he doesn't need me to help.