The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 07-28-2006, 01:20 PM   #16
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

If that were my cat I'd name him Mittens.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:42 PM   #17
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint
One of my cats collects paper clips. When he hears the sound of paper clips jingling, he becomes obsessed with locating them, biting them up off the ground, "accidentally" dropping them a few times so they make more jingling sounds, and eventually taking them back to the food bowl, where I find them at the bottom of the bowl when their food runs out.
Weird! My old cat used to do the same thing with dropped rubber bands. They always ended up in the water bowl.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:05 PM   #18
Flint
Snowflake

Rubber bands are a big hit, too. But I have to take those away, because I'm afraid they are eating them.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:28 PM   #19
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123

I feel sad for people who don't like cats!
I love cats. They taste like chicken.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:29 PM   #20
Pie
Gone and done

My cat plays fetch with my hair bands. She'll steal them off my nightstand, too. I buy a pack of 30, and they're gone in a month. She must drop them off in the same place missing socks go...
Old 07-28-2006, 03:09 PM   #21
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint
Rubber bands are a big hit, too. But I have to take those away, because I'm afraid they are eating them.
I think there was an amusing/disgusting thread on the result of cats eating rubber bands, but I sure as hell aren't going to go looking for it...
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:26 PM   #22
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie
My cat plays fetch with my hair bands. She'll steal them off my nightstand, too. I buy a pack of 30, and they're gone in a month. She must drop them off in the same place missing socks go...
Have you checked under the couch? That's where I usually find Bosco's stash of bottle caps, contact lens case caps, pens, pencils, straws, mom's earring, etc. etc.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:00 PM   #23
astrodex
May Ter Dee

Segue

Let's see that cat bring these home:

[url="http://www.harriesheder.com/glove.htm"]Porter Square T Station

This sculpture is in my "T" station here in Cambridge and I thought it did a nice job of connecting the last two IOD's (I'sOD?). The photos are horrible but the art is fun when it is not being used as a gum receptacle.

You know, I think this work actually generated controversy and is found offensive by some who consider it insensitive to holocaust victims. No, really.
astrodex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:14 PM   #24
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Once your cat is bored with chasing a laser beam around the floor (with occasional trips up the wall just for laughs), and put a loop of tape on the back of one paw, or maybe a wee bit more there's always zero-G

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:57 PM   #25
daniwong
Vice-President of Resentment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie
Seriously - I have the exact same problem. And they are normally under the couch and/or under the bed, nightstand or whatever little area that I'm not gonna crawl under. The other thing that one of my girls does (Peach) is that I have these little stuffed bears that my mom made for me when I was a little girl and she had knitted little sweaters for the dolls - the cat carry's them around the house like her babies (she was fixed before she had any) and I come home and I find either a pile of them in the cat bed or on my bed or just randomly scattered around the house. Also - something Peach does - she is my snooze button - I hit my snooze button after the alarm goes off and all of a sudden I have a cat in my face meowing until the snooze button goes off again. Makes missing my alarm rather difficult. My other girl Boo-Boo thinks she's a dog - she fetches and retreives and she's trained on a leash to go on walks.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:38 PM   #26
Hoof Hearted
...you smell something?

Most of our cat toys (plastic milk rings, pens et cetera...) wind up under either the fridge or stove where we cannot readily retrieve them.

Last year my husband brought home a kitty from work who was near death, he had a huge abcess on his neck, nearly as large as his head. Anyhow, the first time I tried to play-drag a leather string in front of him, he pounced on it with both front feet and then snatched his head down to bite it to 'kill' it.
Husband thinks LuckyDuck received his wound because he had been bitten by a snake. I agree, as if it were from another cat, I feel he would not have been so trusting and friendly with our established housefull.
When hubby brought him home:

His FrankenKitty stitches:

The whole clan: LD is at the bottom of the pic.

Whattaya gonna do? Gotta love 'em!

hh
Old 07-29-2006, 09:47 AM   #27
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodex
Let's see that cat bring these home:

Porter Square T Station

This sculpture is in my "T" station here in Cambridge and I thought it did a nice job of connecting the last two IOD's (I's OD?). The photos are horrible but the art is fun when it is not being used as a gum receptacle.

You know, I think this work actually generated controversy and is found offensive by some who consider it insensitive to holocaust victims. No, really.
That's a pretty cool installation, astrodex.....especially for $30k. It seems public art starts at a half million bucks these days..... and much of it sucks, in the eyes of this beholder.

There are people who will think the Sun is insensitive to the holocaust for rising in the morning. I feel sorry for them.

Oh, it's IOtD.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:08 AM   #28
ajaccio
Colloquialist

I think we all know that cats are born with a heathy does of the "play gene" as nature's way of helping them practice hunting. It sharpens all their skills and instincts. Another interesting fact that I learned from some biologist friends is that when cats bring home dead animals (or remnants thereof) and leave them for you to find, they are teaching YOU to hunt. Sort of the "do as I do" approach. Apparently felines find that we don't go out there and kill enough of our own food...
ajaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:40 AM   #29
Hoof Hearted
...you smell something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaccio
Apparently felines find that we don't go out there and kill enough of our own food...
Hey! I bring home LOTS of saran wrapped packages of meat!
Old 07-29-2006, 11:00 AM   #30
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Stupid cats.
Dogs however, know, we are the greatest hunters that ever existed. Good doggie.