The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 11-20-2019, 11:25 PM   #61
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
Fair enough. Be liberty-minded and come to admirableness anyway. Still doesn't hurt.

I'm not here to steer you wrong; you are not being played with nor deceived.
You're not here for anything but self-fellating--as demonstrated by the fact that this isn't the first time you've been corrected about my gender. You haven't paid an ounce of attention to any other Dwellar on a personal level, and that is why no one will ever buy what you're selling, regardless of what it may be. (Kind of like the knives you used to sell, which I remember because I do pay attention. See how it works? Try not being the center of your own universe for once--I promise, it doesn't hurt.)
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:06 AM   #62
Luce
Weaponized Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Trump has been doing this corruption all his life. He (like Al Capone) knows he can murder someone on Fifth Ave and still be elected president. He knows how easily his supporters can be ordered what to think.

This president is so ignorant as to even surrender in Syria because Erdogan told him it would be good. Erdogan simple did what others do to manipulate the scumbag. Praise his ego.

It also explains why he believes Putin - who said all 17 American intelligence agencies lied. And why he said it is good and OK for N Korea to continue their missile testing and nuclear bomb manufacturing. He knows his disciples will believe any lie he says.

Even Nixon was never this corrupt. 40% of Americans were so brainwashed as to believe Nixon was honest - right up to the end. How many Americans watched their comrades die uselessly in Vietnam - to protect Nixon's legacy. Dejavue - this time Trump.

If he was honest, then all his people could testify - since there was no crime. He cannot. His entire life has been corrupt. So he must obstruct justice - as he was doing even over 30 years ago with his father Fred.

Anyone who thinks Trump is innocent has been brainwashed for over 30 years. He was always well known in NY for his corruption - and getting away with it. Just like Al Capone - who also tried to hide his tax returns.
Most people that are still with Trump - at least in my limited set of data points - are using him as Substitute Jesus in a literal sense, and there is nothing anyone can say or do that will change their mind. It's gone from partisan to religious in nature.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:54 PM   #63
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Our Donald
Who art on Twitter
Hallowed be thy tweets
Thy reelection come
Thy rants be done
On the campaign trail
As they are on Twitter
Give us this day
Our daily tweets
And forgive us our fake news
As we forgive those
Who witch hunt against us
And lead us not into deposition
But deliver us from self-incrimination
Omen
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:06 PM   #64
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
… as demonstrated by the fact that this isn't the first time you've been corrected about my gender. ...
You may be coming across as too smart and sophisticated for him to think you could be a woman. Try dumbing it down to being just the nice piece of ass so he can remember you. Those old folks' memories can be tricksy.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:25 PM   #65
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Hey, knock off those old folks generalizations. I'm older than any of you and well aware she's a nice piece of ass as well smart and sophisticated.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:05 AM   #66
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

fine the true amidst the funny

https://babylonbee.com/news/poll-maj...ng-as-possible
Old 11-22-2019, 09:51 PM   #67
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Our Donald
Who art on Twitter
Hallowed be thy tweets ...
Kudos. But who gets the credit?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 05:38 PM   #68
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

HAPPY BELATED IMPEACHMENT DAY EVERYBODY!
Old 12-19-2019, 07:12 PM   #69
Griff
still says videotape

How you say, jump the shark?

That said, there have been times outside of the Civil War when Americans wanted to kill each other over stuff. We are so connected now that it's hard to say whether a spark would be doused or fed. The Tweeter in Chief has had a great run of baiting the left but orange man has also been bad. I would gladly trade Hunter Biden for Trump. Hunter represents the legal corruption that pervades our system and Trump good old fashioned corruption.

“People in D.C. will succeed whether the rest of us succeed or fail. And that message really hit home for many, many Americans,” Yang said. “And unfortunately, the Democratic response seems to be, ‘D.C. is not the problem, Trump is the problem.’”
Old 12-19-2019, 10:01 PM   #70
tw

Putin is all upset in today's press conference. He is blaming the Democrats for attacking his chosen president.
\
Old 12-20-2019, 12:45 AM   #71
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The end is neigh. Not zombies, not terrorists, suicide of the US and Britain.
We're top dog, the biggest badass, nobody can hurt us but us. Damn fine job we're doing of it too.

Quote:
This is How a Society Dies
America and Britain are Textbook Examples of a New, Gruesome Phenomenon: Rich Nations Self-Destructing Into Poor Failed States
I don't care because I'm taking you with me. Bwahahahaha
Old 12-20-2019, 09:59 AM   #72
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

can't be bothered to do more than this

>insert pithy libertarian minarchist response<
Old 12-20-2019, 12:10 PM   #73
Flint
Snowflake

Good read. But didn't you hear Bruce? The stock market is doing great!
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:55 PM   #74
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The stock market goes up like an auction for a limited commodity. It goes up on the absence of bad news but doesn't reflect the economy until that makes the news. The economy is slowing a lot because consumers are worried, and rightly so.
The reports to Wall Street are good because of the shenanigans by corporate officers to hide downturns. Until Celedon laid off 4,000 people last week.

Of course the encouragement to BUY! BUY! has nothing to do with their cut of every transaction.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:02 AM   #75
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
The stock market is doing great!
Of course it is. This is still the tail end or an Obama economy.

Meanwhile what happened to those increased tax revenues created by more economic activity due to a tax cut? Tax revenues have fallen now for the past three years. Eventually the economy will have to pay the bills and interest on that fiasco.

Well, Nixon spend money we did not have on Vietnam in 68 and 70. When did the resulting economic downturn occur? Late 70s.

Kennedy's tax cut in the early 60s resulting in a late 60s recession. George Jr's tax cut in early 2000 resulted in a recession when? 2007.

Stagflation could only be cured by a massive interest rates. Paul Volker (who just died) massively increased interest rates in 1979. When did stagflation end? Sometime after 1984 (Reagan's second term).

What affects an economy happened four and more years earlier.

The stock market crashed in 1929. When were the jobs lost? 1933. I should not have to keep repeating well proven history. This is an Obama economy. He spend his first term just undoing the mess created by Cheney. Who bluntly said, "Deficits don't matter." They matter four and more years later.