The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 08-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #46
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

thats great to hear! Tell the little one to keep up the good work :P
Old 08-24-2008, 08:52 PM   #47
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Actually, I'm starting to wonder if there might be more than one in there. I hope not, but everything seems to be stretching inside more than I remember with the first couple. I suppose it could just be that I'm old and dried up now instead of young and supple with the first couple. lol

eta: or maybe I'm just paying more attention this time round.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:07 PM   #48
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Congrats!

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:32 PM   #49
Pooka
Your Invisible Rabbit Friend

Oh man... I don't miss that one bit... I was sick the entire tiem with our daughter. The only relief I felt... and mild at that was from ginger Altoids, sour plum drops, and the rasberry preggie pop drops.

Here is my unsolicited advice.... Oh... snow cones were good too... I highly recomend the snow cones... and sleepy or not... you might as well... once baby arrives you'll never sleep the same again... man I wish I'd slept more while I could... of course it was hard to go to sleep any earlier (I went to sleep around 7pm) considering I got off work at 6pm... still it wasn't enough.

I feel for you... I remember how scary the beginning was... we lost several pregnancies before we finally had our daughter and I couldn't relax and let myself be happy till I held her. We didn't find out about our son untill I was already 3 months along... that was the shortest pregnancy ever...
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:47 PM   #50
Aliantha

Speaking of finding out late about a baby. With my second son, I was 16 weeks when I found out. He was concieved about 6 weeks after my first son was born, and i think it was mostly that during that time, I just wasn't paying much attention to myself. I wasn't feeling sick although I was tired, but when you've got a new born, who isn't tired? Finally I realized I still hadn't had my period, so there might be something wrong. I went off to the doc who had a feel of my uterus and happily informed me that I was about 4 months along. Yehaa was all I had to say to that. I don't think I'd do the same thing now, but back then I had my baby, a spouse who was a total dickhead, and working full time while trying to care for the baby. I'd come home at night and my partner would say, "I've had him all day, now it's your turn". Excellent! Then on the weekends he'd be off to the pub for most of it. I finally left him when my second son was about 12 months old and never looked back. He's still a dickhead.

Thankfully I have a wonderful husband now and he's been very supportive, which I expect will continue right through this childs life. Incidentally, my two older boys love him too. He's the best step father ever.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:21 PM   #51
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

congrats, Ali. This is an exciting time in your life! I'd LOVE to have another baby---I think I'm more ready now than I was when I had my two sons in my early twenties. Enjoy your bundle (even tho he/she is making you puke!)
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:40 PM   #52
Aliantha

Thanks Bri. No puking today. I bought some perier mineral water yesterday. I haven't had it in years (probably since I started drinking wine in cafes instead of water) but I remembered how refreshing it was. It is just as I remembered, so that's a good thing.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:53 PM   #53
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Ali all other things aside, wonderful news and congratulations. You are a great mom. Hooray for you and Darryl Dazza or Mr.D
Old 08-26-2008, 08:36 PM   #54
Aliantha

Thanks foot3. We're very happy about it all. Well actually, I'm not so happy these days considering I feel like shit half the time, but Dazza is happy enough for both of us for now.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:33 PM   #55
wafflepirate
Eavesdropper

Pregnant is super sexy

...lemme revise that... PLANNED pregnancy is super sexy!
Good luck & best wishes!
wafflepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #56
Aliantha

Thanks waffle. I have to say, I'm not feeling too sexy lately. In fact, I feel downright frumpy, and I'm starting to feel uncomfortable in some of my old clothes which really shits me at the moment.

On a brighter note, I'm officially 11 weeks today. That means I'm over 25% of the way through. Yay.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:45 PM   #57
Pooka
Your Invisible Rabbit Friend

Flint always thought I was extremely sexy in a pair of maternity overalls... perhaps that would work for you ;-))
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:48 PM   #58
Aliantha

We don't get them over here too much. I'd have to search pretty hard to find them I think. lol

I shouldn't feel too bad though. I'm going to get much fatter, so it's probably best if I get over my feelings of frumpiness. Maybe I should go shopping and get some nice pretty maternity clothes instead of trying to squeaze into my old ones.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:46 AM   #59
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Good idea Ali, buying new clothes always is.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:34 AM   #60
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I agree - squeezing into clothes that don't fit always makes you feel worse.

If you don't want to spend too much money I seriously advocate eBay - lots of people want to sell maternity clothes due to their ephemeral nature, and there are some really nice things on there.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote