The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-21-2006, 09:23 AM   #1
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Drug Experiences

The roads down here are yellow. No, wait, I haven't started sharing a drug experience, yet -- the roads down here are dusted visibly yellow with pollen. My sinuses were killing me, so I popped a Claritin and my head clears up. But, ah, the "medicine head" sinks in and I'm floating around, feeling relaxed and sleepy like a balloon set free from the floral section at the grocery store. "They should market this as the 24 hour, time-release bong hit."

But I can't say that since I've never sampled. Anyone care to share if it is really liquidless intoxication without a hangover?

I did overdose on caffeine, once. The paranoia that sets in, the skin crawling feeling is absolutely awful. I slammed a 20oz black tea Chai in one minute after already having consumed an uncountable number of cups of coffee at a bookstore. I became very, very concerned about the car idling outside at the curb, to the point I had to leave. My entire drive home was edged with worry that the car behind him was following me and I even took some unusual turns through the neighborhood, but every set of headlights looked like the previous pair. I didn't sleep that night and I ended up bombing the test I had slammed the caffiene to study for. I could hear my heart pounding through all the tossing and turning until the sun came up.

Legal drugs also produce interesting effects. A close friend says his initial trial of Seroquel made his mornings feel like a slow movie of empty scenes in which he was unable to process any concious thoughts. The disconnection he felt often resulted in lost memories of the day.

And then there's the new one: Ambien Drivers.

Quote:
"The brain is literally partly awake and partly asleep ... awake enough to perform very complex behaviors but not awake enough to monitor what's going on," says Dr. Mark Mahowald
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:27 AM   #2
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Can't answer now, off to CVS for some Claritin--
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:46 AM   #3
glatt

Claritin does not have that effect on me.

I had some minor surgery a few months ago, and they gave me some Tylenol fortified with something a bit stronger that requires a prescription. Supposed to be fine for being up and about. Well, the first day I took it, I was at home on the couch, and felt perfectly normal. The next day I took it, I was back at work, and was so dizzy I spent the whole morning lying under my desk until the spinning stopped enough for me to take the train home early. The third day, I chose the pain over the dizzyness and was fine.

Drugs are interesting things. For the most part, I don't like them.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:51 AM   #4
mrnoodle
bent

I used to take ambien to fall asleep, only i stayed awake. I wrote the longest, meaninglessest diatribes about nothing, and got all "i love you man".

It was embarrassing. Some of that "work" is here at the cellar of course (i wouldn't have it any other way)

Edit: Here's a good example. Just say no, indeed.

There's a couple of stoner posts as well, but they're almost indistinguishable from my regular rant.

Last edited by mrnoodle; 03-21-2006 at 10:56 AM.
mrnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:37 PM   #5
be-bop
Operations Operative

I miss drugs now that I'm all grown up Don't smoke,barely drink,don't get high any more ***sigh***what a life*****
be-bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:50 PM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Well, you've got no one to blame but yourself, young man.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:33 PM   #7
busterb
NSABFD

Before my Dad died, Tylenol made him nuttie as a fruit cake.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:02 PM   #8
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

well ive had my fair share of drug experiences. i use to smoke a couple of times a month, had some really fun times, then all of a sudden paranoia set in when i smoked and i felt like my hard was about to explode. needless to say i dont smoke anymore. but i dont regret the fun i had.
i moved on to xtc and went to raves. i was in love with the word and would feel amazing at the slightest touch of someone elses skin. but a couple of bad come downs, jittery speedy pills and a friend that had to be taken to hospital made me look for other means of feeling good.
so now the only pills i take are multi vitamins and im excercising and fit and healthy and nothing has made my mind clearer and my focus razor sharp.

if you ever wanted to start doing hard drugs...just remember this picture

Old 03-22-2006, 08:03 PM   #9
Mrs. Parker
Mademoiselle martini

I have been a walking allergy sinus problem person for years. I take a combination of two prescriptions that REALLY work, and don't make me loopy or drowsy at all. Zyrtec and Singulair. Singulair was originally designed for asthma (which I also have a mild, chronic case of ), but it is now approved for allergy, respiratory tract inflamation type symptoms. I swear by the stuff. But, you must have good insurance as both are expensive. Others I know love Flonase nasal spray (also prescription). I find that it works well but gives me a sore throat so I stick to the aforementioned pills. Can't really speak to the "alternative" remedies. I'm an alcohol only variety. Good luck.
Mrs. Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:07 AM   #10
FallenFairy
nope

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagen4o4
then all of a sudden paranoia set in when i smoked and i felt like my hard was about to explode.
damn Kagen, that REALLY must have hurt....

I never liked pot or anything that made you feel like melting - was definitely happier with the "go fast" types of drugs...

BUT - not for many many moons...

best thing I have had in the past 15 years... for a pulled muscle was codiene and flexeril at the same time... what a trip!
Old 03-23-2006, 09:21 AM   #11
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
well ive had my fair share of drug experiences. i use to smoke a couple of times a month, had some really fun times, then all of a sudden paranoia set in when i smoked and i felt like my hard was about to explode. needless to say i dont smoke anymore. but i dont regret the fun i had.
The same thing happened to me. I was sad when it just wasn't fun anymore...
Old 03-23-2006, 02:31 PM   #12
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

WHOOPS
hard=heart

how the hell did i miss that?
Old 03-23-2006, 06:14 PM   #13
marichiko

Quote:
WHOOPS
hard=heart

how the hell did i miss that?
Ummmm...? Too much ambien?

I can NOT take decongestents. They make my hEART race, I want to crawl out of my skin because I feel like I am all itchy INSIDE where you can't scratch, and, in general, I become filled with a sense of impending doom. This is NOT a good response if you are me - prone to sinus infections of the killer variety. Thank God for Nasonex (sp?) which is not an antihistamine but some sort of cortisoid or something.

As far as the tylenol 3 and 4's, vicodin type stuff, first I hallucinate, then I become deathly ill. Sometimes both at the same time. I remember being given tylenol 4 after I had my wisdom teeth taken out and laying on my couch which had a paisley design (it was the early 70's - what can I say?), and watching the designs melt into one another like a kalidescope. I must have entertained myself for half an hour or so staring at my couch before I had to make a run to the bathroom to blow grits. The Momster, on the other hand, adores opiates, and I could usually worm my way into her good graces by giving her any tylenol or vicodin scripts some doctor might have bestowed on me.

Pot makes me paranoid, so scratch that one.

The drug I could have easily run into trouble with was amphetamines. In college I had a friend from Lebanon where apparently you could buy excellent Swiss made "diet" pills over the counter - as much as you wanted. She had quite the stash which she shared with me during finals. Man, I loved that stuff! I don't think I slept for 3 nights and I wrote two papers and aced 3 exams all in 4 days. The crash was awful, though. Then we graduated and moved to different towns, so I was spared becoming like the gal in the sequence of pictures above.

These days, I stick to alcohol in moderation.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:56 PM   #14
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

I wonder if Sgt. Stadanko is listening.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:09 PM   #15
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

OMG, I am soooo exhausted! I am so exhausted that I'm going to take some Excedrin Migraine Headache tablets. You see how a druggie's mind works?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote