The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 03-16-2006, 05:42 AM   #1
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

What does THIS mean? :(

My quasi-boyfriend is in London and has been since Jan. He's working. I emailed him yesterday and this is what it said: There may be more who offer you consolation, but I will always love you.

his reply email-You know me only too well, Sweetheart! I do find it difficult to refuse women in need
of the milk of human kindness--all the more so when they are near at hand
(as 'twere). But be assured (again) that you were/are/always will be very
dear to me, and we'll certainly have time together again once my life
resumes a more regular pattern.

I hate myself. A lot.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum

Last edited by Trilby; 03-16-2006 at 05:49 AM.
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 05:51 AM   #2
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Why hate yourself? Surely it's is HIM you should be hating ?
Old 03-16-2006, 06:17 AM   #3
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I hate myself for being such a stupid, utterly STUPID sap. He's not even cute, really. Gah!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 03-16-2006, 10:13 AM   #4
marichiko

I bet he wasn't like that at the beginning, now was he, Bri? He was probably all sweep you off your feet, Mr. Wonderful. Then he started doing intermittent re-enforcement nastiness on you, right? Now he's gone, but he wants to keep you a like a fish on a stringer for whenever he gets around to coming back home. Don't hate yourself, hate HIM like Limey said. Sounds like he is an experienced practitioner of the seducer's craft and you are far from the only one who has been taken in by him.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:00 AM   #5
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
My quasi-boyfriend is in London and has been since Jan. He's working. I emailed him yesterday and this is what it said: There may be more who offer you consolation, but I will always love you. ...

I hate myself. A lot.
You don't hate your self, you hate some of the things you do and regret them later. Like sending him that ego-stroking email. That's just what he wants. When he comes back into town, be his doormat and let him wipe his feet on you.

No, It's OVER Brianna. Purge Dr. Small-Penus Genius out of your system.

My long-distance love and support isn't enough for you to get past dicklette.
Sign up for an online dating service. Seriously. My 54 yo girl friend has dated guys from eHarmony for about 4 months. This last one might stick. She wants me to meet him soon. It's just a different way to get some romance in your life, instead of going back to the old familiar well.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:38 AM   #6
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Bri you really helped me with your input and advice on my situation awhile back now I'll quote what you told me and you better listen to yourself! "You soooooooo need to lose this totty. I mean it. There are TONS of available, kind, gentle, loving women (men) out there dying for a nice man (women). REALLY. So get out, move on and go find one of them!!! You said it Bri - not me.

Its so much easier to know what to do from the outside than to choose the right course for yourself. You made me realize that and I hope you remember doing so. Take your own advice and don't look back for a sec at Mr. idiot. He doesn't deserve a wonderful, caring woman like you anyway.

Last edited by yesman065; 03-16-2006 at 11:53 AM.
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:04 PM   #7
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

yesman, you are sooo right. It is way easier to tell it than do it. Thanks for that, and thanks for giving me a lift today. That was very sweet and it is deeply appreciated. I am in the process of losing him (by my choice) so it doesn't hurt as much as it once would have, but, still! Dammit! Y'know?

—James Barrie

Old 03-16-2006, 05:28 PM   #8
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

that was a well designed reply email! hes set it up so he can say "i told you i was with another woman in my email" or "i told you it was over in my email" or "even if we break up ill still keep sleeping with you"

good thing youre in the process of losing him
he seems to think he's smart but doesnt realise hes being a jerk.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:26 PM   #9
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

That's the thing, Kagen. I'm afraid I'll just let him sleep with me until I feel like the biggest moron ever. It IS a well-constructed email, isn't it? He says it all without coming out and saying it. He IS a language professional--that's what hooked me, his WORDS. It certainly wasn't his dick.

—James Barrie

Old 03-16-2006, 06:51 PM   #10
marichiko

Jeez, Brianna, you really should join Match.com or something NOW!

His reply was pretty blatent, but here's a translation, anyhow:

You know me only too well, Sweetheart!

= Whoops, caught me in the act, "Sweetheart"

I do find it difficult to refuse women in need of the milk of human kindness--

= I find it difficult not to nail anything that moves into my field of vision

all the more so when they are near at hand (as 'twere).

= I'm shagging a couple of my students right now, as a matter of fact

But be assured (again) that you were/are/always will be very
dear to me,

=You were a great lay

and we'll certainly have time together again once my life

= And I'm keeping you on my third string fallback team for when I return to the US and haven't yet found more of my students to shag. You'll do until then.

BARF, oh BARF!

You so deserve better than Prof Asshole, Brianna! Report him to his dept chair for sexual harassment and find yourself a cute boy toy to replace Mr. Full of Himself Heartless Player!
Old 03-16-2006, 08:18 PM   #11
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

heres a couple of good men for ya

Old 03-16-2006, 09:22 PM   #12
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Dump the jerk.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 10:08 PM   #13
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Jeez, Brianna, you really should join Match.com or something NOW!

His reply was pretty blatent, but here's a translation, anyhow:

You know me only too well, Sweetheart!

= Whoops, caught me in the act, "Sweetheart"

I do find it difficult to refuse women in need of the milk of human kindness--

= I find it difficult not to nail anything that moves into my field of vision

all the more so when they are near at hand (as 'twere).

= I'm shagging a couple of my students right now, as a matter of fact

But be assured (again) that you were/are/always will be very
dear to me,

=You were a great lay

and we'll certainly have time together again once my life

= And I'm keeping you on my third string fallback team for when I return to the US and haven't yet found more of my students to shag. You'll do until then.

BARF, oh BARF!

You so deserve better than Prof Asshole, Brianna! Report him to his dept chair for sexual harassment and find yourself a cute boy toy to replace Mr. Full of Himself Heartless Player!
Old 03-16-2006, 11:55 PM   #14
jojo
is anyone home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
My quasi-boyfriend is in London and has been since Jan. He's working. I emailed him yesterday and this is what it said: There may be more who offer you consolation, but I will always love you.

I hate myself. A lot.
QUIT THAT! Do you think that maybe it's the fact that he WON'T commit or even be (remotely) monogamous, that makes you keep trying? It's not really "hard to get", but sometimes I think that when we have somebody that we KNOW we are not right with, but that a-hole acts as though they don't need us cuz they have lots of others, it makes us wonder what is wrong with US. And then you say to yourself, "why doesn't he love me?" Is it ME? And you get stuck in trying to get the jerk you'd never stick with anyway to just treat you like you're worthwhile! I actually see it a lot more with "strong" people than you'd think. Because we do feel like we have worth, and we'll keep fighting/working/begging/annoying the jerk until we finally get the respect and admiration we *know* we deserve.
Ok, this is just a theory of course, since I don't know you, but I find that when I think of my STBX in this way, it makes it easier to keep from romanticizing about our marriage. (which was HORRIFIC and is finally ending after 22 years) You can change your feelings from "I love him and need him" to "I'm just having a hard time because I feel like he doesn't want me, but I don't really love him".
That said:
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 12:10 AM   #15
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i think you should go and catch some really nasty strain of VD and give it to him. it would be less self destructive than your current course. before you can get over him, you have to get over yourself getting over him.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote