The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-06-2003, 03:37 PM   #1
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

GTG Idea

I ran across this today, looking for sites for an intimate, yet memorable dinner for 4 or 5 in November....

Thought maybe if there would be enough interest, we could have our own feast GTG....you know, the Cellar in the Catacombs (a fancy word for Cellar)

Bube's Brewery

Dags

I think they're having some issues with the site, it DOES work, I was there earlier today.

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 05:49 PM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yeah, we could get all drunk and rowdy, then camp at Dagney's.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:13 PM   #3
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Sometimes living in the Western US is a drag. Especially when so much worthwhile stuff is happening hundreds of miles to the east.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:36 PM   #4
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I get Saturdays off starting in a couple weeks. Anywhere is fine, please make it no further north than PA, I'm coming from NC. Crash space appreciated. Will bring own whatever, and will add something potluck style if we choose to do this at someone's house.

I get a sense of "upscale" at the website link, and with Dagney's reference to "intimate". Somehow I think "Intimate and upscale" + cellarites en masse = police and gunfire.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Last edited by OnyxCougar; 10-06-2003 at 06:40 PM.
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:40 PM   #5
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Yeah, we could get all drunk and rowdy, then camp at Dagney's.
Ummmm actually, after this weekend, that may not be a good idea. I'm in the midst of a move home to take care of my mom who's going to be starting chemo in a few weeks.

But then again, she may become quite the party animal. I had to inherit it from SOMEWHERE.

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 04:21 AM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by Dagney

Ummmm actually, after this weekend, that may not be a good idea. I'm in the midst of a move home to take care of my mom who's going to be starting chemo in a few weeks.

But then again, she may become quite the party animal. I had to inherit it from SOMEWHERE.
Yeah, I was thinking you both could use a distraction. Nothing's more distracting than us.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:56 PM   #7
daniwong
Vice-President of Resentment

I want a GTG on the West Coast. WAHHH.

Ok - done whining now.
Old 10-07-2003, 02:03 PM   #8
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

So host one. There are lots of folks from the cellar in the western part of the country. Offer your place and see who can show up when. No time like the present, and no reason not to volunteer. Unless you live with your folks or something. That might create a problem.

And on a related note, I'm offering up my apartment for crash space if all y'all easties wanna drive to NC. I just think it's easier to have it in PA, since that is where the majority of y'all live.

I'm sitting here giggling my ass off, bringing to mind a picture of my second (completely empty) bedroom, with a bunch of sleeping bags and pillows laid out all neat like in a row, waiting for revelers to collapse into them.... Just thought I'd share.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Last edited by OnyxCougar; 10-07-2003 at 02:14 PM.
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 03:03 PM   #9
lisa
Etherial

Re: GTG Idea

Quote:
Originally posted by Dagney
We could have our own feast GTG....you know, the Cellar in the Catacombs (a fancy word for Cellar)
Been there twice. Once for the midevil feast and once for the pirate feast. Both were cool.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 06:41 PM   #10
daniwong
Vice-President of Resentment

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar
So host one. There are lots of folks from the cellar in the western part of the country. Offer your place and see who can show up when. No time like the present, and no reason not to volunteer. Unless you live with your folks or something. That might create a problem.

And on a related note, I'm offering up my apartment for crash space if all y'all easties wanna drive to NC. I just think it's easier to have it in PA, since that is where the majority of y'all live.

I'm sitting here giggling my ass off, bringing to mind a picture of my second (completely empty) bedroom, with a bunch of sleeping bags and pillows laid out all neat like in a row, waiting for revelers to collapse into them.... Just thought I'd share.

I would - but with my BF and 3 kiddies - makes my 2 bedroom apartment a tad tiny. But we definitly should organize a west coast GTG! I don't know when - but I know we have excellent beer up here. In fact - in 20 minutes - thats where I'm going. BEER>