The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-05-2003, 02:18 PM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Please excuse my emotional distance this week

My divorce is back on.

:(
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 02:22 PM   #2
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

That really sucks man...we're here for you.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 02:32 PM   #3
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

i feel for ya man. mine was finallized 2 weeks ago...
Old 10-05-2003, 03:12 PM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

No wonder you're losing weight, that would kill anybody's appetite. Don't hesitate to call on Help 'R Us. I'm as serious as a heart attack, man. You've got a tremendous support group here if you need it. Or when you need it.
Old 10-05-2003, 03:29 PM   #5
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

OK, here's the short list of things I need:

- A place to live
- A way to make money
- Personal fulfillment
- Human contact

I have not had #2, 3, or 4 for some time now so I may be able to go without for a while longer.
Old 10-05-2003, 03:34 PM   #6
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Naw, I swear I'm not trying to be an asshole. I'ma be ok in the long run, I always am.

I was laid off once; I spent the rest of the day grinning. Fuck them if they don't want me around. They'll regret it because I am awesome.

This can't be harder than the slow-burn failure of my business. What eases the strain relief here is that we almost managed to agree to divorce about a year ago but it didn't "take". This time it will definitely "take".

What I really need is time. The worst aspect of this one is that it's thrust upon me. She basically said Thank you for telling me about how you're excited about your third act of your life. I've been writing a third act too, except that it doesn't have you as a character. !!!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 03:42 PM   #7
elSicomoro

Hopefully it will work out for the best, man. But you've got 11 years invested in it...just be realistic.

I can't help you with 1, but I can help you with 2 and 4. 3 can only be handled by you though.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:08 PM   #8
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

My divorce, although nearly ten years behind me now, is still the single biggest twinge I get when I think back over my life, even though I am vastly better off now than I was then, and in all areas possible.

I learned a lot of lessons back then...let me share them:

1. Never drink alone...it depresses you, and you hardly ever get laid. Drink conservatively, drink responsibly, and always drink with others, preferably single women.
2. Always remember that it takes two to tango. Therefore, whenever you feel like you've failed at your relationship, remember that the crazy bitch you were married to failed also.
3. Albums that are perfect while going through a divorce: Guns n' Roses' "G 'n R Lies", featuring " I Used to Love Her"; John Hiatt's "Ridin' With the King", featuring "I Say It With Flowers" (and, if there's a shadowy male correspondant mucking up the works, the song "She Loves the Jerk"), and Harry Nillsson's "Son of Schmillson", featuring "You're Breakin' My Heart."
4. Albums that are bad while going through a divorce - Anything by Air Supply, Barry Manilow or The Captain and Tennille. Come to think of it, those are just bad, period, anytime.
5. And the one truly serious piece of advice I have to offer, besides the responsible drinking part of #1...always, always, always keep the phone number of a friend handy, and always, always, always remember to use it when you are really feeling down. My friends probably literally saved my life a couple of times when my 13-year marriage was exploding and my kid was paralyzed in the hospital at the same time.

I wish you all the best, UT, and I know you'll come out alright on the other side.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:14 PM   #9
elSicomoro

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
4. Albums that are bad while going through a divorce - Anything by Air Supply, Barry Manilow or The Captain and Tennille. Come to think of it, those are just bad, period, anytime.
Watch it on Barry Manilow...though you might want to add Carole King to the first part.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:29 PM   #10
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Last week an ex girlfriend gave me a CD she had burned for my birthday but don't tel the RIAA. As I listened to it and reflected on our failed relationship, I realized that's what music is about. Most popular music is about facets of the human condition, usually relationships with family, friends and lovers. When your relationships are good the music reinforces that. But when they're bad it reinforces that also. Avoid music especially Country & Western.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:19 PM   #11
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I don't drink at all, actually. I do smoke a little weed on occasion for relaxation purposes, but it seems quite pointless right about now, I don't believe it would help any.

This was sudden - the earlier weight loss has nothing to do with it, but I haven't eaten much today.

Jesus! I mean, what the fuck am I gonna do? Jesus Fucking Christ on a Fucking Saltine!!!!!! Aughghh!

Hey! Does anyone want to live with me in an awesome house in Oaks? Very high speed unlimited Internet access, two dogs, cold pizza, 32" TV, your own two rooms, $800 rent? Anyone? I promise to be more emotionally stable soon.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:33 PM   #12
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Totally wish I could take you up on that offer dude ... 32" TV AND two dogs!!!

Sorry about what's going on. Hope it all resolves well.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 09:56 PM   #13
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

...and TiVo, and cable, and central air, and a garage, and a deck. All the stuff needed for a great life except for, you know, the companion to which you can form a lasting emotional bond.

(I'll get better soon, this is the worst of it)
Old 10-05-2003, 10:04 PM   #14
elSicomoro

We've been talking about going to AC for a while now, UT...let's do it man...next weekend.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:06 PM   #15
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

You, Sir, have a deal! Good call. Thanks!