The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 07-19-2007, 07:08 PM   #1
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

My SmugMug site

Already made this known in the "What's making you happy" thread, thought I would post it here and see if I get some feedback. This is my new photo site, much better layout than the old Blogger page I think. Let me know what you folks think of the site, the images, whatev. I'm still in the process of uploading old images, so there's only four galleries so far. More images will continue to be added.

Enjoy: http://Pruett.smugmug.com
Old 07-19-2007, 08:09 PM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Works well.... love the Mid-Ohio sequence.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:14 PM   #3
Uisge Beatha
Lecturer

It looks sharp Bullitt. I particularly like your black & white shots and your firework close-ups.

The site's interface is pretty nice, but I'm curious about something. There is a 'Photo Info' option when hovering the cursor over an image, but there wasn't any info available (at least on the ones I checked). Might you be planning to add any? It's not too important, just a bit of curiosity, as I said.
Uisge Beatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:20 PM   #4
jinx
Come on, cat.

Very nice... you pictures are always fantastic.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:46 PM   #5
Bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uisge Beatha View Post
It looks sharp Bullitt. I particularly like your black & white shots and your firework close-ups.

The site's interface is pretty nice, but I'm curious about something. There is a 'Photo Info' option when hovering the cursor over an image, but there wasn't any info available (at least on the ones I checked). Might you be planning to add any? It's not too important, just a bit of curiosity, as I said.
Hmm that's strange about the photo info.. a new small window ought to pop up on top of the photo with all the exif (exposure and camera information) info. It seems to be working fine for me, which photos didn't work for you? What browser are you using?

Thanks jinx and bruce
Old 07-19-2007, 08:51 PM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

It was working for me, also.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:12 PM   #7
Uisge Beatha
Lecturer

Okay, I went back and started checking what might be my problem; it was actually quite simple to fix. I use a proxy filter program called The Proxomitron. It works wonders to remove ads and other nuisances, but sometimes goes a bit too far. I now see all the info (with the filter bypassed) -- cool! I might even learn a little something. Thanks, Bullitt.
Uisge Beatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:50 PM   #8
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Very nice! I like the closeups and the race shots the best. I see you have a D50 also. What lens did you use for the race shots? I have the 18-55mm zoom that came with the basic kit, and I'd like another lens at one point, but I'm not sure what to get. (What I'd like, if money is no object, is a 50mm/1.8 or 1.4, and then a longer zoom.)

How are you liking SmugMug? I've decided to bite the bullet on a pay photo hosting service, and it's between SmugMug and ZenFolio. I'm undecided. I'm doing trials on both now. (At some point I may post galleries of identical photos at both sites and turn The Cellar loose to critique them from an end-user standpoint.)
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:09 PM   #9
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I'm in your account, stealin' ur pictures.
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2007, 10:43 PM   #10
Bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas View Post
Very nice! I like the closeups and the race shots the best. I see you have a D50 also. What lens did you use for the race shots? I have the 18-55mm zoom that came with the basic kit, and I'd like another lens at one point, but I'm not sure what to get. (What I'd like, if money is no object, is a 50mm/1.8 or 1.4, and then a longer zoom.)

How are you liking SmugMug? I've decided to bite the bullet on a pay photo hosting service, and it's between SmugMug and ZenFolio. I'm undecided. I'm doing trials on both now. (At some point I may post galleries of identical photos at both sites and turn The Cellar loose to critique them from an end-user standpoint.)
Thanks! I used a sigma 70-300 lens, an push/pull zoom from our old 35mm film Nikon. It worked great, you just have to use higher shutter speeds in order to compensate for the magnified effects of camera shake that happen at long focal lengths. I also have the 18-55 kit lens and it's been a great knock around lens for me. If I had the money, I would pony up for a nice micro lens and an 80-200/2.8, but I think in reality I'll end up with the 18-200/3.5 VR as a good walk around. That prime 50/1.8 is actually darn cheap (as far as lenses go anyway): http://www.wolfcamera.com/product/541533329.htm. It'll be my next lens purchase; it's perfect for indoor shooting.

Smugmug has been great so far. Stupidly easy to upload photos, helps to have an uncluttered cable connection too. I'm also still in the trial period, but I've made up my mind and am going to stick around there.

Haha nice bruce

Last edited by Bullitt; 07-19-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:00 AM   #11
Griff
still says videotape

Very cool Bullitt! What does it cost? Is that offset by prints?
Old 07-20-2007, 10:17 AM   #12
Bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Very cool Bullitt! What does it cost? Is that offset by prints?
Thanks!
http://smugmug.com/price/
Old 07-23-2007, 09:18 AM   #13
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Great pics and great site. I think I may get a album up of my own just to share pics. Thanks.