The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 01-06-2004, 04:58 PM   #16
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

When i was 15 i dated a 20 yr old guy, and even though he was a nice guy, and we are still mates now.. it was the WORST mistake of my life, i regret nearly everything that happened betwen us. i wasnt ready (even though i thought i was) to be in such a heavy relationship.

Girls do have a tendancy to mature quicker than guys, but physically and sexually a 19/20yr old will be leaps and bounds ahead of a 14 yr old and if you think that it wont affect your relationship with him, your only fooling yourself.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:04 PM   #17
Riddil
Management Consultant

^^^ Wise words from a worldly woman.
Riddil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 06:56 PM   #18
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Re: 19 too old 4 me?

Quote:
Originally posted by H2Opolopeguin
hey i met this guy, he's 19. i am 14 just wanted to know if you all thought that was to old for me?
I think we're all assuming that H20 is a girl. What if that's not right? would that change any one's opinion?

Also, there was no mention of sex or even a relationship. what is your intent, h20? do you want him to be your "boyfriend", or do you just want to party and hang out with him? What kind of a 14 year old are you? Waht kind of a 19 yr old is HE? do you have many older friends? how did you meet?

What I'm saying is that there's not enough info given for us to judge anything, just enough to tell you our general preconceptions. we'll need to know more. give it.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 07:00 PM   #19
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

[jules]Check out the big brain on Jimbo! You a smart muthaphucka![/winnfield]
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 07:02 PM   #20
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

as always, syc, you have a way with words. most people just comment on the size of my noggin!
Old 01-06-2004, 07:02 PM   #21
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Quote:
LJ said I think we're all assuming that H20 is a girl. What if that's not right? would that change any one's opinion?
Eather way dude will be saying ,
Quote:
give it.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:08 PM   #22
elSicomoro

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
as always, syc, you have a way with words. most people just comment on the size of my noggin!
Well, thank you, but I must give credit where credit is due...Quentin Tarantino is god-like.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:05 PM   #23
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
He would have to be pretty damn special before I would even consider allowing you to date.
I'd be skipping right over the evaluation part to the calling slang about a clean pistol part.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:21 PM   #24
Gwennie!
Not Female at Birth

Re: Re: 19 too old 4 me?

Quote:

I think we're all assuming that H20 is a girl. What if that's not right? would that change any one's opinion?

Also, there was no mention of sex or even a relationship. what is your intent, h20? do you want him to be your "boyfriend", or do you just want to party and hang out with him? What kind of a 14 year old are you? Waht kind of a 19 yr old is HE? do you have many older friends? how did you meet?

What I'm saying is that there's not enough info given for us to judge anything, just enough to tell you our general preconceptions. we'll need to know more. give it.
It doesn't matter to me. If my son were 14 (he's really 18), wanted to hang out with a 19 yo guy as a friend, I would still have a problem with that.

Hey, h20, did you find all this feedback useful?
Old 01-06-2004, 08:40 PM   #25
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Re: Re: 19 too old 4 me?

Quote:

Doesn't matter. 19 and 14 do not mix on any level. Hell, 19 and 14 yo siblings don't even mix on most levels.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 09:57 PM   #26
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Re: Re: Re: 19 too old 4 me?

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Doesn't matter. 19 and 14 do not mix on any level. Hell, 19 and 14 yo siblings don't even mix on most levels.
I think you forget what it was like to be 14. I also don;t think you can make a blanket statement like that about it. It really depends on the 14 yr old, and the 19 yr old. Some 14 year olds have grown up with older kids, and are more mature as a result of it. NORMALLY, the age gap at that young and pivotal age, is a bad thing; for most of the reasons listed herein. NORMALLY
Old 01-07-2004, 06:50 PM   #27
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I haven't forgotten what it was like to be a very mature 14 year old, dating an immature 18 year old.

Let me emphasize this:

Do. Not. Do. It.

He can be your friend, but ANYTHING other than that, even KISSING.. is asking for BIG and I mean BIG trouble.
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 07:40 PM   #28
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Re: Re: Re: Re: 19 too old 4 me?

Quote:

I think you forget what it was like to be 14. I also don;t think you can make a blanket statement like that about it. It really depends on the 14 yr old, and the 19 yr old. Some 14 year olds have grown up with older kids, and are more mature as a result of it. SNIP
NO. One or the other becomes separated from their peer group and put into a peer group where they don't fit or belong. The alternative is they spend all their time alone together and that's trouble.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 07:48 PM   #29
elSicomoro

When I was 21, I dated a 17-year old...Jesus fucking Christ, I was apparently on some serious crack. Thank God it didn't last long.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:09 PM   #30
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 19 too old 4 me?

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
NO. One or the other becomes separated from their peer group and put into a peer group where they don't fit or belong. The alternative is they spend all their time alone together and that's trouble.
Well, that's what I'm saying. IF the younger person's peer group IS older, than that makes the age difference LESS of a factor because the 14 yr old would be more learned in the ways that 19 yr olds act. It is still a factor though, and I personally believe that sex should not be an option. (also because it's illegal to boink a minor)

I have no personal stake in this, as I've never experienced it, but I refer to jinx's childhood where she went to a school that had mixed classes and she hung with much older kids ( her sister is 3 yrs older) also, my son goes to a similar school, and at 5, his best friend is 9? I think.

It is unlikely that H2O has had this type of upbringing, but it is possible. I think it is more likely that she/he will get into some real trouble, but with only one brief post, we just don;t know.

oh, and you forgot your smiley