Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-19-2020, 01:36 PM   #12601
monster
I hear them call the tide

::sidestep from the "happy"::

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
daughter got $21, I 've heard nothing about mine
Apparently my insurance company decided to "reduce rates in the future" rather than give refunds. Which is an especially interesting level of bullshit as Michigan's auto insurance law changes on July 2 and all policies will become cheaper.....

....and I would like to say I will be dumping them, but the reality is they will be dumping me first because of my idiot son's two major fault accidents ending with the car being totaled.

::as you were::
Old 05-19-2020, 01:36 PM   #12602
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Well, he was still here this am. There were no kitteh-friendly leftovers this morning, so when I had breakfast I scrambled an extra egg for the cat. I cooked for a damn cat.

No pix as yet, but he's black, long hair (near Persian territory), his tail is fat, like a mad kitty's tail, and the tail under the fur is fat, too. He's an average-sized cat, but w/over-size front paws. He looks kinda like Sylvester, all shiny black, with a white chin, white chest spot, and another spot just past his chest, white toeses on the front, two white socks out back.

Thinking about names now we're semi-adopted. Bootsy is in the running, w/a nod to Fargon's Bootsie. His whiskers are stark white and very long, we're considering Monkeyface, and Monkeyboy (cousindigr calls her hubs Monkeyboy). Twosocks is a also a contender (from Dances With Wolves).

The real test will come when I actually buy cat food. A lot of cats leave when I/we invest cash in them. A trip to the everything's-a-dollar store will yield the first bag of food, a brush, and maybe a toy.

I feel bad about this cat coming here. This is/was someone's semi-indoor pet. He doesn't really like two hands coming at him, but yet no protests when hugging him in the lap, or picking him up. He will readily jump into your lap. He's not too wild about scratching/rubbing the back half of his back, he gets a little bitey occasionally, nothing bad though, just nips and light swats to say "I don't like that.". You can waggle him pretty roughly by the tail though, he doesn't care in the least.

He likes to look into your eyes when he's in your lap. I don't mean just looking at you. I'm talking full size eyes, long, looking for something, lingering, into the soul stares.

He's no Slick, but he seems to have potential.

We've asked around the neighborhood a little, and no one seems to have seen him before, or knows anything about him.

Time will tell, I reckon.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 01:39 PM   #12603
monster

perhaps the someone was no longer able to take care of him but couldn't give him up and was trusting that when the time came, Socks would find someone like you
Old 05-19-2020, 01:42 PM   #12604
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
I feel bad about this cat coming here. This is/was someone's semi-indoor pet.
I figure without a collar, they have no claim.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 01:50 PM   #12605
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

If Slick had roamed and taken up with another fam, I would've wept like a little girl.

Ah, shit, man, what if this cat is some little girl's kitty?[/guiltface]

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:59 PM   #12606
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Cats can get coronavirus. Maybe its owners are social distancing from it. You never know what its contact history could be.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 02:04 PM   #12607
monster

Grav I doubt it is/was. Cats know when they're onto a good thing. More likely someone whose time was up. You could always post a message on local Craigslist/whatever to see if anyone is missing him/her/it. Is there a rescue shelter who might know of reported missing moggies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
I figure without a collar, they have no claim.
could be microchipped. I am not a fan of collars on cats. Neither are cats in the main, from what I have seen.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:15 PM   #12608
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
could be microchipped. I am not a fan of collars on cats. Neither are cats in the main, from what I have seen.
I felt around for a chip. Do they still put them between the shoulder blades?

I wouldn't put a collar on an unfixed/roaming tom. When I've used flea collars (on cats) I've always left them very loose.

Old 05-19-2020, 02:42 PM   #12609
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

They put our dogs' chips at the base of their neck, between the shoulder blades but kind of higher up. But the thing was so small we never could feel it under their skin--admittedly, though, dogs have thicker skin and fur than a cat. Most neighborhood vets will scan for free, and even some pet supply stores have the scanners.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:37 PM   #12610
monster

yes, it's usually there in the loose skin of the scruff and pretty easy to feel. Clod is right, there is usually no charge for scanning. If it hangs around, it's probably because its old home became untenable and it was looking for a new one, so don't feel bad.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:08 PM   #12611
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Dude, dogs have people; cats have staff.

Congratulations on your new job!
Old 05-20-2020, 02:34 PM   #12612
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Still here!

Old 05-20-2020, 02:49 PM   #12613
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Good to hear your probationary period is still in effect!
Old 05-20-2020, 02:58 PM   #12614
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Still here!
Old 05-22-2020, 09:19 AM   #12615
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Have you guys built a pump track yet? I'm kind of tempted.
Ha! Great idea. His mom is living near some woods with a big hill behind the house. He's been building trails there and set up his crazy jump. I'm waiting for him to post some videos of it to his instagram.

Not really room for a pump track at my place.