The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2006, 09:45 AM   #11
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieL
"This conflict" is a nice neutral way to put it.

Look, I'm weary of the moral equivalance spiel. Israel is trying to defend itself against a militia in civilian camoflage, puppets of Syria and Iran, who has sworn to wipe them off the face of the planet. When they try to do this, the liberals of the world rise up in unison Greek chorus about how awful it is. How long can you expect them to turn the other cheek and be good sports about this?

Do you beleive Israel has a right to exist at all? Because clearly this won't stop until Iran is satisfied, and they've stated what they want quite plainly. If you just want to see them overrun, be honest enough to say so openly.

When someone states that they intend to kill you, you would be wise to believe them.
Exactly... my mother always had an issue with the fact that when someone said "I'm going to kick your ass" I immediately hit them, usually knocking them out. I never pulled a punch in my life. Self defense is just that, keeping someone from hurting you and yours when you know that they will do so.
If they say it, you have no choice but to believe them... always.
Waiting for them to hit you first is for idiots.
They have no reason to say it other than backing it up.