The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2008, 11:28 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

November 12, 2008: Beez

I got this email from Leah, but I don't know if it originated with her. It didn't say 'forward' but the writing, which I've edited for clarity, didn't look like hers.
Quote:
So I'm using my bbq this weekend... so I thought ill clean it up..
I have know there are bee's coming from under the cover so I thought I’d kill them, obviously... so heres the bbq in question.

Quote:
Now I know these bombs aren't for bee's and that but I thought I’ll suffocate/smoke them out. So here is the weapon of choice and delivery system.

Quote:
I thought I was pretty smart hehehe designed to be easierly manovered under the cover of darkness... so then I released the weapon of buzz destruction.
OMFG! the sound from under the cover was incredible!!! You could hear it 3m away easy... then I ran like the clappers.

Coming back few mins later to see the death toll was at least 20mm deep, a mass grave.

Quote:
I continued to remove the cover and to light the bbq to give it a clean, when I noticed some fatty looking substance on the top of the side shelf thing.
Bit weird.. I clean it before I put it away for winter and no way was there fat there so I begun to wonder...... NO..... it can't be could it?
I slowly removed the rest of the cover only to find the HQ.
We think the queen flew away.... either that or a small child has wings and has been living in the hive coz that thing was huge!

I wonder how long it took to build those combs?
I suppose after using a Flea & Roach bomb, you shouldn't chocolate dip the bees, or eat the honey.