The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2009, 01:08 AM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Mar 10, 2009: Scootin'

Quote:
The new rechargeable Scooter system concept. The 'Link' scooter system is designed as a modular transport solution that can be retrofitted to existing Streetscape Smart Poles. It allows users to hire a small lightweight electronic scooter from a hub and ride to the desired destination and then return the scooter to another hub, where it is recharged. The use of existing light poles reduces the cost of the unit and provides strong anchors that carry both telecommunications and power to the hub. The device was designed to suit the Sydney 2030 plan to reduce cars in the CBD and make the city more pedestrian oriented. By Mr Anton Grimes, who is the student of University of New South Wales.

Somehow I can't see me using this, but I guess some people would if they weren't encumbered with children, packages, or in a bigger group than were scooters available for rent.

On a date for dinner... "Well there's only one left, Honey, I'll order drinks for us while I wait for you to catch up".