The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-10-2014, 12:11 PM   #9856
Jaydaan
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

Well many ups and downs in the world of me.. but Even though my dream job ended up being a nightmare, and I am no longer employed, and I am still waiting for a date for my MRI on my hip... I feel things are about to look up.

***WARNING this is a rambling mess of information, and might not even make sense to most ***

Really good news on the family part...

My daughter is 24, she has a 6 1/2 year old daughter herself. I was not allowed to raise my daughter, and in fact have only seen her a total of 25 days in 23 years! We talk on the phone, and on Facebook almost daily the past few years, and I have always thought us to be as close as possible, considering we live 3000 miles apart. I have never met my grand daughter.

Ok back story is done, the depressing crap is done.. on with the news!
So last week I get a phone call, and it is my daughter. Her boyfriend left her & did it by skype one night as he is in the military and not home all the time... in fact HAD been home that weekend, and broke up with her on the Tuesday. ( to me this was not a suprise, I have been expecting this for many months in fact) Since she lived with his family, they were expecting her and her daughter to move out... well now. She hasn't been happy for quite a while, and while she still loves her Grandmother ( the woman who took her from me years ago) she has decided it is time to do what makes her happy, and what is right for her, and her daughter. So she called to ask if she could come out here. Not for a visit, to MOVE OUT HERE and start over! I talked it over with my husband of 20 years, who she has talked to but never met, and told her we would re-arrange our house, and by all means she could move out here. We expected this all to happen this summer. So then I get a picture sent to me... it is her plane tickets. MARCH 19! I will have my daughter, and my grand daughter here in 9 days.

I am so very excited.. and nervous. I am not used to having kids in the house all the time, and having 2 more bodies around... eeeek. On the other hand, great timing, as I am eventually going to have surgery and having someone else here that can help us out with the simple things, like cooking, looking after the dogs, and that sort of thing, is a good thing.

On the other grand child news front: My little grand daughter who was shaken last summer by her father ( my oldest son- the one who was my problem child) was taken by social services until the investigation was finished. As of last week she is now back in the full custody of her birth mom, and while I might not see her as often as I was before the incident, I am able to see my little miss Her 1st birthday party is March 28, and I will be able to take her cousin and aunt with me

Court is not for a few months yet, so we have no idea what will happen to my son, but at least the baby is doing well. She is trying to walk and talk, and smiles. all things we were not sure was going to happen. She had a brain bleed, and had emergency surgery and told us she might not had the functions she would have had before. So far, she seems to doing ok so not as much brain damage as first thought! This is very very good news!

So I guess I could have just said: I get to see and know both my grand daughters afterall! Something I was not sure I was going to be able to do with either of them, for very different reasons.
Jaydaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #9857
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Why 9 days, I though they were moving?
Old 03-10-2014, 03:04 PM   #9858
Jaydaan
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

They are moving here... in 9 days flight arrives in Kelowna March 19th at 2:30. Then, the come live with my hubby and I until they find a place of their own here in town
Jaydaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #9859
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Sounds like great news. Hope everything goes well!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:41 PM   #9860
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

wow, tha's a lot of news, and congratulations!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #9861
Griff
still says videotape

Seriously, congrats!
Old 03-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #9862
monster
I hear them call the tide

Wow, big changes and great news Yay!
Old 03-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #9863
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
http://www.buzzfeed.com/hbogameofthr...ame-of-thrones

You got: You’d be mauled by a direwolf!
You’re easily agitated and consider yourself a loner. Most people would describe you as grumpy, and you’d describe most people as stupid. While you might be right, you often miss out on life due to your attitude. Such a disposition makes you great fodder for an angry direwolf.
Dragon fire.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:32 PM   #9864
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Ha!

Quote:
You got: You’d fall through the Moon Door!

You’re tough, but not as tough as you think. Your best trait is your loyalty, not your strength — you’d do well to rely more on your friends. This miscalculation is enough to send you straight through the Moon Door.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:34 PM   #9865
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

@ Jaydaan: so good things do come to those who wait

Glad you'll have your girl, and your grandbabies nearby.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:22 PM   #9866
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

We can fall through the moon door together in that case Dana.
Although that sounds suspiciously like we're on the bus to Hebden Bridge...
Old 03-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #9867
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I rode my motorcycle to the gym this morning. That made me pretty happy
Old 03-11-2014, 07:29 PM   #9868
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Bone scan is good!!!

My bone scan is all good. NO skeletal mets!! I am VERY happy. I feel more confident after this scan than I did after the PET/CT last summer, because it just does the torso. Granted, most bone mets show up in the spine, pelvis, ribs, and occasionally skull, but they can show up in the limbs. Now I know that my stress fracture is just that, and my other persistent pains are just aches and pains and nothing more.

This is the new lease, the ticket to the next few years. I don't have to worry as I try to get into shape again; if I'm sore, it's just that I worked out too hard (or I'm getting old). It's hard to express how much this means. I was very very nervous prior to this scan (I'm embarrassed to say how nervous, but some of you know). Now I can take a huge breath and let it out, and get some sleep.

And get to work on my poster presentation, since I have a 'practice run' in front of several faculty next week.

I desperately need to learn how to turn data into bar graphs in Excel. Elementary, I know, except for those of us who've never had to use Excel. Never mind, I'll figure it out - although hints are welcome!

Thank you for putting up with me, guys ... you're the best.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:05 AM   #9869
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Awesomeness personified, Ortho!
And use the chart wizard button in Excel.

Sent by thought transference
Old 03-12-2014, 09:24 AM   #9870
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post

And get to work on my posterior presentation,
This is all I saw in that post.

Kidding. Great news for you. I guess God did hear you after all.