The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 01-12-2008, 11:00 AM   #151
monster
I hear them call the tide

I've been failing. I managed 20 laps of the pool on Monday last week. That was it So busy! By the time I got into the water it was 3:20 and I needed to be in the shower at 3:30. So at least they were damn quick laps. 10 minutes. pathetic.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:23 AM   #152
Griff
still says videotape

Fencing is getting more intense now that the holidays are over. We had two extra guys at the club last night one good, one extremely good. I was not good. I started the night totally messed up in terms of distance and I'm not breathing too well with the rib injury. I was just starting to feel something in my last couple bouts and got some good advice from the experienced guys. It is coming though and I've got a chest protector ordered. There's some talk of lil Pete picking up saber after the JOs. Guy who's kid fences for Penn worked with her on it last night. He has been really complementary about her skills / attitude and has taken to calling her Killer. We've got a couple tourneys coming up... old injury riddled fat guy needs to step up. Arnica cream is my friend.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #153
LJ
i am myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
. Arnica cream is my friend.
have you checked with HappyMonkey to make sure it isn't just in your head?
Old 01-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #154
Griff
still says videotape

I'll check with the internets, but I think my ribs are in my chest.

(The cream may squeeze into that area where jinx and HM sorta agree.)
Old 01-14-2008, 08:52 AM   #155
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

On Saturday I was at my lowest ebb ever body-wise. I came back from the gym feeling that I hadn't achieved anything over the last few months, that I was fatter than when I started, that I was only getting "gym fit" ie nothing that counted in the real world... You name a negative feeling about exercise and I was feeling it.

I talked to HM but we weren't really on the same page (he blamed it on me taking time off over Christmas). So I just struggled through another session on Sunday and am slowly feeling better.

I think it's my 3 month rule. I tend to give up new resolutions, health kicks, relationships, crushes, hobbies etc at around 3 months. I just seem to run out of enthusiasm. Because I was back on track as of January 2nd it interrupted the usual cycle so I was hit with it twice as bad this weekend.

Planned actions - KEEP GOING - of course, have my reassessment with Lewis on Thursday, take another picture on Sunday and again hope this shows some change - at least remind me of how far I've come.

I hope that my reassessment will address any practical concerns anyway. After all I have been following a plan laid down by a professional rather than making it up as I go along. I have faith that he will reassure me, remind me I agreed I was in it for the long haul and make enough changes for me to feel I am being challenged again.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:21 AM   #156
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Remember, you are making a lifestyle change SG, right? Like everything in life, there will be ups and downs.

I've learned to completely take off between Christmas and about now. I worked out Sat for the first time in 2 weeks. I have too much else going on to bother feeling guilty about not working out, and I'm much better off for not stressing about it. I use the time off to get the rest of my crap in order, so I don't have distractions when I start working out again. Yes, I lose a little ground, but I make up a lot more in enthusiasm. I actually look forward to exercising again at the end of my break.

I'm here, right behind you, every heartbeat. Keep it up!!
Old 01-14-2008, 02:16 PM   #157
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
I think it's my 3 month rule.
Sundae Girl
Snow Eating Frog

I think you have sufficiently proven your ability to go beyond 3 months for things worth doing. Keep your chin and the good work up.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:00 PM   #158
monster

1.25 miles on the cross trainer (fairly fast pace) .3 mile swim (half free half breast). Better than last week already, and it's only Monday
Old 01-18-2008, 01:11 AM   #159
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

we worked out on Weds, but by the time we got doen with the weights, it was 5 pm, and all the got dam treadmills were in use.....fucking new years resolutions.....so we swam instead.

jinx says i should work out hungry. i have to say that i felt great this morning.....i was hungry when we worked out, and then we ran errands after instead of having dinner.....i restrained myself at dinner, and went to bed NOT stuffed.....this morning, my gut was almost.......not huge. felt good.

'course, i went to sleep at 9:30......so....

ah. ....speakin of which......i gotta hit the hay here....gnite!
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:37 AM   #160
monster

yesterday 2.5 miles on the cross trainer, one mile on the rowing machine, some weights work aimed at the midrif and i slept like a baby last night. unfortunately, I ate like a pig before I went to bed.....
Old 01-23-2008, 05:58 AM   #161
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I'm hoping to get in an unofficial reassessment today. I was due one last week but it was after my first day of volunteering - I just went home, sat in front of the TV and switched my brain off - didn't even think about it til the next morning. Now they can't fit me in til 2 Feb, but Lewis says if we're there at the same time he'll go through it with me as it's all planned and written out.

The GREAT news is I am now Stage 2. So although I still feel like a hippo, underneath the fatsuit is a cheetah! I'm still the fattest woman any time I walk into the gym, which does get me down. Oh except when my sessions coincide with the Super Seniors - there are some women there who match me for padding. But old ladies are allowed to have that - it pads their spindly bones when they fall over.

Still, I am reminding myself daily that I always knew this was a long term effort and Lewis advised me that we'd be taking it slowly in order to build up my overall fitness - like servicing the engine rather than just going for a respray I guess.

Fingers crossed I have a whole new regime to report next time I'm here. I guess one positive is that I am gagging for a more challenging workout, whereas when I first started I fought him over every exercise he tried to add beyond the CV work. Progress!
Old 01-23-2008, 09:44 AM   #162
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl
I guess one positive is that I am gagging for a more challenging workout, whereas when I first started I fought him over every exercise he tried to add beyond the CV work. Progress!
Awesome! What's the total tally of lost weight so far?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:31 PM   #163
shina
Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post

The GREAT news is I am now Stage 2. So although I still feel like a hippo, underneath the fatsuit is a cheetah!
You go girl! I love it! Look out guys!!
shina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:51 PM   #164
monster

SG, you don't see the bigger women because of the times you go. Don't for a minute think they aren't out there. You're doing great, girl.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #165
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Nightingale
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
Kick ass SG!