The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 02-24-2004, 11:56 AM   #76
juju
no one of consequence

UT, that makes no sense. I've been coming here, what, 3 years? And you can't get over an innocuous question about your self-esteem? And now you hate me because I was annoyed that you wouldn't answer me?

That is stupid.

Well, I really hate this. I don't want anyone to hate me, but you're apparently unwilling to work it out.

It kills me to think of leaving the Cellar after coming here for so long. But I just can't post freely knowing that my posts might be deleted. Perhaps I will post from time to time, but I'll try to make sure it's a fairly rare occurance.

I wish you all well in your endeavors.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:05 PM   #77
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally posted by juju

You people that are saying, "It's his board and he can do what he wants" -- I don't think you understand that for years and years he has professed the exact opposite philosophy.
It's worth saying that he has professed that exact opposite philosophy at times in the past when at least a couple of us were saying, "No, you're wrong, Tony, there are times when you SHOULD step in and put a stop to things."
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:05 PM   #78
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

This is insane.
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:19 PM   #79
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by Whit
      First off, thank you Warch. Your openness was appreciated.
      Now, with that said... No mention of privacy was made in UT's initial post on this thread. What he said was,       So all of you sounding off about privacy must have skipped the beginning of this thread. That is a huge difference. Plus, the situation mentioned here wasn't being discussed in Syc's thread. So, using this as a reason for deleting that makes no sense. I say that because I think that everyone that's coming down on Syc for his response is really not paying attention. He made a moral decision for a solid reason. If you can't understand that, well maybe you don't understand his morals in regard to censorship. That actually scares me.
As always, you have a wonderful way with words.

As someone who knows Sycamore better than anyone on this board, you are right when you mentioned his morals/opinions about censorship, which is why (I would imagine) people were attracted to The Cellar in the first place. However, people have the right to change their minds about things (and that was basically for those who are not liking the changes). As far as I'm concerned, this is not that big of a deal. If one cannot be respectful of another's opinions, and feels the need to lash out, namecall, and just be downright offensive, then, IMO, they have offline issues to deal with (unless they are just being difficult for the sake of being difficult).

So anyway, that's my take on the matter.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:25 PM   #80
Elionwyr
Coronation Incarnate

Eep.

Personally, I am beyond impressed that the Cellar is still in existance, and sorry beyond words to be seeing this incredible bout of mud-slinging and hurt feelings.

I didn't see the threads or discussions that caused the mess.

I do, however, trust the Cellular Powers That Be enough to know that it warranted this reaction.

That trust, btw, has been gained from the years of this crowd being an intermittent part of my awareness since...what, '89?

Here's hoping for healing.
Elionwyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:37 PM   #81
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar
Well, some things have been cleared up for me now.

Things that should have been kept private were not, and fucktards tried to use personal information against people.

This situation got well out of hand, and Tony took steps to damage-control.

What is so horrible about that?

I would expect nothing less from him, and in fact, I think I would have lost some measure of my respect for him if he HADN'T took steps to limit the damage being done.

If you are one of the people that LIKES to be a fucktard (meaning, being personally insultive and hurtful because you fucking feel like it), then yeah, you got something to worry about. (I'll name names... Dave, FnF.) And I think that those kind of people are the ones everyone should be mad at.

I trust Tony to continue being Tony. And I appreciate all he does here.

Thank you, Tony.
{AOL}Me too!!!{/AOL}

Hehe, sorry, I see people doing that all the time on Usenet.

But seriously, I second what you said. Point blank, end of story (I hope..sheesh!)

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:59 PM   #82
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Way ta have my back, Rho!!

Old 02-24-2004, 03:58 PM   #83
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Nobody mentioned my editorializing in today's IotD yet. I guess it was too subtle

It was meant in jest
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 04:02 PM   #84
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

does this mean thay my kids will have some scar tissue to deal with if they ever participate on a message board?

how very insidious of you
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 04:16 PM   #85
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
It was meant in jest
Phew... I suspected there was something going on, but I guess I didn't get it.

However, I think your current extermination program is a bit closer to the Java method than the US method. Being a bit more surgical could have kept the pesticide off of yourself and the bystanders.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 04:18 PM   #86
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Huh?
Old 02-24-2004, 04:45 PM   #87
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
Nobody mentioned my editorializing in today's IotD yet. I guess it was too subtle

It was meant in jest
Nah, I made the connection. It was kinda subtle, though. You should have tried this:

'This picture sort of reminds me of the housecleaning that is taking place here on the Cellar. Sure, a lot of people will bitch, but at least the assholes will be gone, so the hell with the whiners.

Things will be good here once all this crap is done. People might hate me from here on out, but they won't be getting called names or having their personal lives fucked with as long as I've got anything to say about it. Oh, yeah...the people in this picture are killing bugs.'

This was meant in jest, too, UT. I'm on your side.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:36 PM   #88
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

C'mon, 'fess up Tony. You're just trying to steal some groupies from the WWF, ain't cha.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:19 PM   #89
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

You killed Ta Guk Sai Jon*. You bastard.

* That's Java for fucktard.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:38 PM   #90
darclauz
Breathing into a paper bag

PMS

and.........*I* would like to make the point here that we seem to have been hit by some kind of a PMS reversal ray. moderates here today: women. extremists: the other sex.

whoops.... isaid sex.

dar