Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 09-09-2004, 04:59 PM   #16
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet
I just think it's funny how you've got an excuse for the right wing no matter what they do. Very predictable. You call the the Republicans "asses" above and then turn around and give an explanation (excuse?) as to why what their dogging Clinton was acceptable as news fodder. Which is it? I can guarantee you that if the Vietnam records of Bush and Kerry were reversed you wouldn't be making the statement about how actions from 20-30 years ago don't matter.
i wasn't making any excuses for reps in '92. i voted for clinton. and it wouldn't make any difference about the bush/kerry records being reversed. what happened 30 years ago is less important than what happens today. neither of them has an unblemished record from that time period, but what person lives through their 20's with nothing to be embarrassed of?
Old 09-09-2004, 07:30 PM   #17
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
i think lookout and garnet make a beeeee-aUtiful couple!
Lookout is my knight in shining armour!
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:24 PM   #18
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Well, back in the day, everybody I knew that got in the "Guard" did so by being politically connected. I've assumed for the last 40 years that they all did. Therefore I believe the story, but I don't believe it's an issue.

They say Kerry embellished his record of service in VN. At least he had one to embellish.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:22 AM   #19
warch
lurkin old school

You know what bugs me WAY more than George Jr being a stupid rich kid weasel is that this episode further illustrates ongoing, current pattern that is emerging of the manipulative and covert power of the wealthy, Republican connected Bush clan. This is to be expected. Records disappear, facts are twisted, lies are told then spun to be "just misleading", infomation is withheld, people are outted/attacked, activities are covered up, ends justify any means. I find it very disturbingly Nixonian. or more currently, Enronian.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote