FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 02:32 PM   #271
W.HI.P
Free

NFL Pointspread week 5
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Detroit Lions @ Washinton Redskins(-3.5)

The Redskins are my long shot superbowl call.
Their pass defence is elite forcing any team to run against them.
They run the ball making their games a running afair.
This makes them favorites to win every game as their running game is beter than the rest of the teams in the NFC.
Detroit couldn't run the ball if their life depend on it, making this game the best bet of the week.

Bet on the Redskins!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Carolina Panthers @ New Orlean Saints(-3.0)

Lets see, The Panthers offence kills this defence, S.Smith will have an amazing game.... on the other hand the Saints are without their #1 RB ....unless of course you thought Bush was their #1 ....no, he wasn't, lol. So yeah, the Saints are less than.

Bet on the Panthers

San Diego Chargers @ Denver Broncos(-1.5)

Great teams come into form later in the season.
Fact is, the Chargers are running out of time here, this game is too important. The Chargers are better than they were last year where they easily beat these Broncos. The Broncos main weapon will not be much use here as WR's are not one of the options for the Chargers offence. The best runnning back in the NFL will play better for this occasion.

Bet on the Chargers!

Chicago Bears @ Green Bay Packers(-4.5)

OK, the Bears are all banged up, and their offence looks really bad.
add to that the possibility that they might actually be after Darren McFadden in the upoming draft and you've got what looks like a great bet on the Pakers.
I will be very happy should the Mcfadden story be true as it would make the Bears unbeatable in the years to come.
However I will not buy into that theory until the team goes 1-6.
Till then, this is a playoff team and the Packers are not.

Bet on the Bears
Old 10-07-2007, 10:45 PM   #272
W.HI.P
Free

Latest Results.......

Washington Redskins(-3.5) 34-3 Detroit Lions .........=WIN
Carolina Panthers 16-13 New Orlean Saints(-3.0)......=WIN
San Diego Chargers 41-3 Denver Broncos(-1.5).........=WIN
Chicago Bears 27-20 Green Bay Packers(-4.5) ..........=WIN
Old 10-07-2007, 10:50 PM   #273
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

ah, now...that's more like it. do you, by chance know this nflstradamus person? he seems to be your lucky charm....at any rate, he took the MUSH of the week honors.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:59 PM   #274
W.HI.P
Free

I have no idea who that is.
Could be a Torontonian though, there are quite a few that look in here.

No matter how the NFL may seem to some, its just like last year.
Reality had it that the best teams made it to the end no matter what they were trying to sell.
This year, its the Colts and the Chargers from the AFC.
From the NFC, its the Redskins.
Bears and the Eagles ae the most capable to challenge the Redskins.
Forget about the Patriots and the Cowboys.($$$controls the game!)
I'm sure you've all forgotten about the Saints by now(early favorite from the NFC)

Lets see if my long shot Indians can take the world series now!
Old 10-08-2007, 03:55 AM   #275
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

nflstradamus = Naperville, IL, USA
Old 10-08-2007, 12:43 PM   #276
tru_piks_4u
Resident Denizen

get ready for some piks

on wed. ima post the early birds for football and show yall how we pik.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:22 PM   #277
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

will you post them in txtspk? pl33z?
Old 10-08-2007, 03:16 PM   #278
monster
I hear them call the tide

Old 10-10-2007, 01:26 AM   #279
W.HI.P
Free

NFL Pointspread Week-6
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Cincinnati Bengals(-3.0) @ Kansas City Chiefs

There's not much of a competition in this one, its gonna be a very easy win for these Bengals.
What ever happened to that mythical contract L.Johnson got?
Did it make him soft? Nah-uh ...he was never worthy of it.
Now that the OL is dying down, the only thing they got left is Mr. Gonzales.
On the other side, the Bengals run defence still struggles, but it ain't close to as bad as it was last year, and as far as the offence is concerned? Its of the absolute elite, and there ain't nothing that the chiefs will be able to do about it.
One of the best bets of the week

Bet on the Bengals!!!

Houston Texans @ Jacksonville Jaguars(-6.5)

So we've now come to realize that the Jaguars ain't no superbowl contender, however, they are a good team all round.
Houston is much much better than last year, with its plentyfull WR's and a decent RB. They are without key weapons again this week making them huge underdogs. The win for the Jaguars seems innevitable, and it seems more than likely that the spread will be covered. So with some hesitation.....

Bet on the Jaguars

Miami Dolphins @ Clevland Browns(-6.5)

It seems as though Miami's in the exact same position Clevland was in last year looking for a top 3 draft pick, and why not that very expensive #1 that they could trade off for a #3-6 and a player?
That aside, Clevland's offence is on fire, and its the kind that Miami can't stop.
What really makes me pick this one is what i saw last week with the Dolphins..they're not trying anymore, or better yet, they're trying really hard to lose.

Bet on the Browns

Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears(-6.5)

Adrian Peterson is the one thing thats keeping Vikings fans alive.
Their pass defence is not the worst anymore like it was last year, but its still under par. On the other hand, the Bears banged up or not, are a playoff team and should win this game. The spread makes me hesitate, but what the hell....

Bet on the Bears

Philadelphia Eagles(-3.0) @ New York Jets

This game isn't about the Jets so much, as their units are well above par and are capable of beating any team any given week.
The Eagles come off a week of well needed rest.
Donovan after his amazing week against Detroit got beaten up from the pass-rushing Giants without the Short option westbrook and Smith. This is not the case this week, this will be an easy win for the Eagles, I can't see how the Jets can stop them.

Bet on the Eagles!!!

St.Louis Rams @ Baltimore Ravens(-9.5)

So the Rams are missing key players, but the fact is, their replacments aren't half bad.
The Ravens are not impressing anyone with their incapable offence.
Although very hesitant as the Ravens are capable of totally taking this game by the throat, on the other hand, I would not be suprised at all if the Rams pulled off the upset of the week and actually won this game. So with the spread so large, I'm taking a shot at it.

Bet on the Rams

Tennessee Titans @ Tampa Bay Bucs(-3.0)

So Vince had an off week, do you really think thats gonna continue here? Although both defences are above par, I have a feeling both offences will run well making this a shoot out, which makes it dangerous, however, i think its just as likely to end up a win for the Titans. With the spread, i'm gonna take the Titans.

Bet on the Titans

Washington Redskins @ Green Bay Packers(-3.5)

Thank you sooooo much for this gift this week.
It gives me a base.
By far the best bet of the week!!!
There is one thing that you can't do against Washington.
You can't pass the ball, as their Safeties and Corners are elite.
Again the Redskins face a passing team, and specifically a man thats too old for the game and who's always had bad judgement.
I mean, He's thrown more interceptions than any other QB in the game. You can't do that..not againts this superbowl Redskins team.
The redskins offence? Well, all you have to do is watch.
From what it looks like, they're also very wise, protecting their key weapons with small work loads.
I don't think any bet wagered this week by anybody should not involve this game as it is a gimme.

Bet on the Redskins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carolina Panthers @ Arizona Cardinals(-4.5)

This will be a very close game. Both teams are preforming to their full potential one week or the next, and they're pretty closely matched.
I don't see why one team should give points to another, so yeah. given the 4.5 ...I'm going Carolina.

Bet on the Panthers

New England Patriots(-6.5) @ Dallas Cowboys

I was talking about this game the other day with a few people.
IMO, these two teams are less than they seem, and neither are superbowl contenders.
The $$$ factor guarentees it.
To the game, Dallas is what it is. A very good offence, and an under par defence. New England is above par in both areas, but this game won't be about that. It'll be close. Neither team should die here. The spread does not make sense as this game is gonna be played in Dallas, and Romo ain't gonna be picked off 17 times like he was against Buffalo....ok, so it wasn't that much, but it would have been had they played a few more quarters.
Tactics will play a huge role, the team that stays conservative will outlast the other, and knowing Brady and his homerun nature, maybe the cowboys actually take the game, we'll see.
so even though I hesitate.

Bet on the Cowboys

Oakland Raiders @ San Diego Chargers(-10.5)

You think 10.5 points is a lot?

Bet on the Chargers

New Orlean Saints @ Seattle Seahawks(-7.5)

Ok Saints...thank you very much for proving my point that it was all about charity last year, now go out and beat this under par Seahawks team and give me another win on the week.(Mccalister was the one and only thing this team had going for them).
I'm not saying they'll win, but 3-13 divided is pretty close to 1-4, so I won't be suprised ..not against silly Seattle.

Bet on the Saints

New York Giants(-3.5) @ Atlanta Falcons

The Giants are a good team with good weapons all around but also various holes. But the Falcons already had a below par defence last year, add to that the multiple problems in the offence, i mean Dunn and Norwood? Give me a friggin break, I don't care if superman comes and plays QB for this team, its not saving F-all this year.
Only Mcfadden can take this team to anothe level and that means 1-15 or 2-14.
They don't need any motives here to lose as the Giants have proven superior by far.

Bet on the Giants!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 05:56 PM   #280
theotherguy
no not that other guy, the other one

Since I am too lazy to do so, could you please give us a quick won/lost YTD tally?
Old 10-10-2007, 07:05 PM   #281
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

dallas's D: 8th in yards allowed, 13th in points allowed. they came out weak in the 1st couple games, but have improved every week. Keep in mind that they actually only gave up 3 points to the Bills last week. The offense gave up 14 and the special teams, 7. I think you'll see a different Cowboys game plan against the Pats....Ball control will be more important, because the best way to keep Brady from lighting you up is to keep the ball out of his hands.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:22 AM   #282
tru_piks_4u
Resident Denizen

sorry bout the wait

CIN 3.5 @ KC
kansas citys d is bad on the run which opens up a pass game for one of the best passing offences in the league. a good pass d but too old to keep up with chad and tj. lj shuld have the best game off his slow season but that wont be enough for this explosive offence.
EASY PIK CINCY

PHI 3.5 @ NYJ
donovan mcnabb and brian westbrook are going to do to the jets what they did to the lions. simple.
EASY PIK PHILLY

STL @ BAL 8.5
stl has injuries on offence and bal has a banged up d. 8.5 points to a team who scores more fg than they do td makes me jump all over stl. take the under cuz this game shuld look something like 19-13 at most for baltimore.
TAKE STL

WAS @ GB 3.5
favre will look like last years favre. the rushing attack could get stopped with was front four. washington wont throw the ball well but will run and shuld win this game by a fg.

NE 6.5 @ DAL
how many more double-digit wins does this team need to get for a yall to start respecting them. ne has covered big spreads all year long. theyve played against better offences in cincy and sd and shut them down. dallas defence has played well against chi and stl (whos offences are horrible. meaning dallas gets shut down and ne scores points again. at the end of the day this is goint to be a battle on who will block better. ne brings the heat better than anyone in the league. not that dallas doesnt bring heat but ne doesnt allow it. the only that stops ne winning a super bowl is peyton manning. GIVE THEM RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TAKE NE
Old 10-14-2007, 02:45 AM   #283
Mac_The_Handicapper
Profitable Prophet

No need to say sorry for the wait, nobody was waiting for your picks anyways... Why don't you make your own thread and try to get your own people viewing your picks, this thread is obviously dominated by W.H.I.P's picks.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:05 AM   #284
tru_piks_4u
Resident Denizen

THE REST OF THE PIKS

well handicapper if u have been one of those betters who follows, following w.h.i.p. u probably feel pretty handicapped at this point of the season.

the first five games i listed are the games i prefer yall to take but if you want more tips on the rest of the games ima list them with no reasons due to time. ima list the rest of the piks of the week.
hou @ jax 6.5
take jax
mia @ cle 6.5
take mia
min @ chi 6.5
take chi
ten @ tb 3
take ten
car @ ari 4.5
take ari
oak @ sd 10.5
take sd
nwo @ sea 7.5
take no
nyg 4.5 @ atl
take nyg
Old 10-14-2007, 11:49 AM   #285
W.HI.P
Free

NFL Pointspread Week-6
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Cincinnati Bengals(-3.0) @ Kansas City Chiefs

There's not much of a competition in this one, its gonna be a very easy win for these Bengals.
What ever happened to that mythical contract L.Johnson got?
Did it make him soft? Nah-uh ...he was never worthy of it.
Now that the OL is dying down, the only thing they got left is Mr. Gonzales.
On the other side, the Bengals run defence still struggles, but it ain't close to as bad as it was last year, and as far as the offence is concerned? Its of the absolute elite, and there ain't nothing that the chiefs will be able to do about it.

Bet on the Bengals!!!

Houston Texans @ Jacksonville Jaguars(-6.5)

So we've now come to realize that the Jaguars ain't no superbowl contender, however, they are a good team all round.
Houston is much much better than last year, with its plentyfull WR's and a decent RB. They are without key weapons again this week making them huge underdogs. The win for the Jaguars seems innevitable, and it seems more than likely that the spread will be covered. So with some hesitation.....

Bet on the Jaguars

Miami Dolphins @ Clevland Browns(-6.5)

It seems as though Miami's in the exact same position Clevland was in last year looking for a top 3 draft pick, and why not that very expensive #1 that they could trade off for a #3-6 and a player?
That aside, Clevland's offence is on fire, and its the kind that Miami can't stop.
What really makes me pick this one is what i saw last week with the Dolphins..they're not trying anymore, or better yet, they're trying really hard to lose.

Bet on the Browns

Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears(-6.5)

Adrian Peterson is the one thing thats keeping Vikings fans alive.
Their pass defence is not the worst anymore like it was last year, but its still under par. On the other hand, the Bears banged up or not, are a playoff team and should win this game. The spread makes me hesitate, but what the hell....

Bet on the Bears

Philadelphia Eagles(-3.0) @ New York Jets

This game isn't about the Jets so much, as their units are well above par and are capable of beating any team any given week.
The Eagles come off a week of well needed rest.
Donovan after his amazing week against Detroit got beaten up from the pass-rushing Giants without the Short option westbrook and Smith. This is not the case this week, this will be an easy win for the Eagles, I can't see how the Jets can stop them.

Bet on the Eagles!!!

St.Louis Rams @ Baltimore Ravens(-9.5)

So the Rams are missing key players, but the fact is, their replacments aren't half bad.
The Ravens are not impressing anyone with their incapable offence.
Although very hesitant as the Ravens are capable of totally taking this game by the throat, on the other hand, I would not be suprised at all if the Rams pulled off the upset of the week and actually won this game. So with the spread so large, I'm taking a shot at it.

Bet on the Rams

Tennessee Titans @ Tampa Bay Bucs(-3.0)

So Vince had an off week, do you really think thats gonna continue here? Although both defences are above par, I have a feeling both offences will run well making this a shoot out, which makes it dangerous, however, i think its just as likely to end up a win for the Titans. With the spread, i'm gonna take the Titans.

Bet on the Titans

Washington Redskins @ Green Bay Packers(-3.5)

Thank you sooooo much for this gift this week.
It gives me a base.
By far the best bet of the week!!!
There is one thing that you can't do against Washington.
You can't pass the ball, as their Safeties and Corners are elite.
Again the Redskins face a passing team, and specifically a man thats too old for the game and who's always had bad judgement.
I mean, He's thrown more interceptions than any other QB in the game. You can't do that..not againts this superbowl Redskins team.
The redskins offence? Well, all you have to do is watch.
From what it looks like, they're also very wise, protecting their key weapons with small work loads.
I don't think any bet wagered this week by anybody should not involve this game as it is a gimme.

Bet on the Redskins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carolina Panthers @ Arizona Cardinals(-4.5)

This will be a very close game. Both teams are preforming to their full potential one week or the next, and they're pretty closely matched.
I don't see why one team should give points to another, so yeah. given the 4.5 ...I'm going Carolina.

Bet on the Panthers

New England Patriots(-6.5) @ Dallas Cowboys

I was talking about this game the other day with a few people.
IMO, these two teams are less than they seem, and neither are superbowl contenders.
The $$$ factor guarentees it.
To the game, Dallas is what it is. A very good offence, and an under par defence. New England is above par in both areas, but this game won't be about that. It'll be close. Neither team should die here. The spread does not make sense as this game is gonna be played in Dallas, and Romo ain't gonna be picked off 17 times like he was against Buffalo....ok, so it wasn't that much, but it would have been had they played a few more quarters.
Tactics will play a huge role, the team that stays conservative will outlast the other, and knowing Brady and his homerun nature, maybe the cowboys actually take the game, we'll see.
so even though I hesitate.

Bet on the Cowboys

Oakland Raiders @ San Diego Chargers(-10.5)

You think 10.5 points is a lot?

Bet on the Chargers

New Orlean Saints @ Seattle Seahawks(-7.5)

Ok Saints...thank you very much for proving my point that it was all about charity last year, now go out and beat this under par Seahawks team and give me another win on the week.(Mccalister was the one and only thing this team had going for them).
I'm not saying they'll win, but 3-13 divided is pretty close to 1-4, so I won't be suprised ..not against silly Seattle.

Bet on the Saints

New York Giants(-3.5) @ Atlanta Falcons

The Giants are a good team with good weapons all around but also various holes. But the Falcons already had a below par defence last year, add to that the multiple problems in the offence, i mean Dunn and Norwood? Give me a friggin break, I don't care if superman comes and plays QB for this team, its not saving F-all this year.
Only Mcfadden can take this team to anothe level and that means 1-15 or 2-14.
They don't need any motives here to lose as the Giants have proven superior by far.

Bet on the Giants!!!
Just to remember who's thread this is.