The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 08-09-2009, 11:00 AM   #16
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

"Special" decor sometimes goes the way of the dodo with new owners.

When I was about 12, my parents allowed me to select the carpeting for my room in our new home. I chose two-inch, dark purple shag. Years later, mom and dad were only able to sell the house on condition that they replace the carpet in my bedroom with something remotely normal.

On the flip side, when I sold my condo, the new owners were thrilled with the big jungle mural (painted by my very talented mom) in the guest room.

In the case of the Star Wars room, it's quite possible it will not survive a sale intact. It's a bit.... much.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #17
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtimer View Post
Sigh. Looks like another night of flying Solo in the cockpit.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #18
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
"Special" decor sometimes goes the way of the dodo with new owners.

When I was about 12, my parents allowed me to select the carpeting for my room in our new home. I chose two-inch, dark purple shag. Years later, mom and dad were only able to sell the house on condition that they replace the carpet in my bedroom with something remotely normal.

On the flip side, when I sold my condo, the new owners were thrilled with the big jungle mural (painted by my very talented mom) in the guest room.

In the case of the Star Wars room, it's quite possible it will not survive a sale intact. It's a bit.... much.
When we were house hunting in the late 90's for our new home it amazed me how many houses people showed with the most hedious decor or color match. Some of them had really nice design layout in the physical plant but who wants to move in and have to do a ton of work at great expense replacing what is obviously not a popular color selection in paint, carpet, or in the case of Star Wars decor a deal killer in a sale.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:48 AM   #19
Glinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
When we were house hunting in the late 90's for our new home it amazed me how many houses people showed with the most hedious decor or color match. Some of them had really nice design layout in the physical plant but who wants to move in and have to do a ton of work at great expense replacing what is obviously not a popular color selection in paint, carpet, or in the case of Star Wars decor a deal killer in a sale.
Yuppers. In my case, I had the entire condo freshly painted (ceilings too, and that was some job, given that the place had 10-18 foot high vaulted ceilings throughout) before selling, but left the mural in case someone really liked it. I would've been happy to paint it over if it was a deal breaker, but I got lucky and mom's beautiful mural lives on.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:10 PM   #20
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

We looked at one house that had the most astounding "feature:" the master shower (a wide bathtub-shower, not a skinny standing shower) had a huge picture window set into the wall inside the curtain... which looked not outside, but into the master bedroom. Clear glass. Perfect view from the master bed. The sellers had placed a large armoire in front of it on the bedroom side so it wasn't immediately obvious what you were looking at, but we still declined to purchase that house...
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:50 AM   #21
SPUCK
Professor

Got a picture Glinda?

I tried painting a jungle scene once.... Sad.. Our bathroom is now painted lime green, purple, brick red, light blue, straight blue, forest green, and burnt orange.

We get a lot of comments. Mostly positive.

But then our sink gets a lot too because I put in a commercial fixture that senses your hand and turns on. The cool part is that you can adjust the temp with a typical looking 30 degree lever on the side. People think that is how you turn ON the water. After turning that with no result they eventually pass their hand thru the sensing zone while fidgeting with the control. We often hear shrieks when the water comes out unexpectantly. MWHAHAHAHA

I think it definitely cuts down on family pandemics.
SPUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #22
Glinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUCK View Post
Got a picture Glinda?
Sadly, the only pic I can find on my 'puter* is in a sale flier that was done in Word, and I can't figure out how to turn it into a jpg.

* I wasn't there to sell the place (I'd moved and was renting it out), so the RE agents did all the digital photographing and I don't have copies. Oddly enough, I don't seem to have taken my own digital photos of it (but do have a few old-timey snapshots). How stupid is that?!
Old 08-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #23
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtimer View Post
Sigh. Looks like another night of flying solo in the cockpit.
Heheh...Newtimer said COCK!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote