The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-11-2007, 01:16 AM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Hilarious and sad: Hamas Mickey Mouse

http://www.pmw.org.il/bulletins_may2007.htm#b060507

Quote:
The Hamas Television is using a clone of Disney’s Mickey Mouse to teach children to hate Israel and America, and aspire to Islam’s inevitable and impending world domination.

The squeaky-voiced Mickey Mouse lookalike, named Farfur, is the star of a weekly children’s program called Tomorrow’s Pioneers on the official Hamas TV station (Al-Aqsa TV). Farfur and his co-host, a young girl named Saraa’, teach children about such things as the importance of the daily prayers and drinking milk, while taking every opportunity to indoctrinate young viewers with teachings of Islamic supremacy, hatred of Israel and the US and support of "resistance" – the Palestinian euphemism for terror.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:47 AM   #2
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

While I don't condone any group that supports the killing of people not directly involved in their conflict (shoppers, tourists, commuters, bystanders etc), I do accept believe that Palestinians have been beaten with the sharp end of a shitty stick for a long time. I am not horrified by this TV programme, although I do admit it's sad.

I would assume that this isn't mainstream TV, and children are probably sat down to watch it by parents who regularly promote the same views to their children in their own homes. Wouldn't devoutly Christian Americans feel the same if they living in the same situation?

Last edited by Sundae; 05-11-2007 at 03:59 AM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:58 AM   #3
NoBoxes

We'll just have to send this guy to Israel:

Old 05-11-2007, 04:58 AM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Hamas can flout Israel, the UN and the US, but they are biting off more than they can chew, when they screw with Disney. Hell, I've seen Disney make a seed grow into a plant and die in 45 seconds.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:30 AM   #5
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
While I don't condone any group that supports the killing of people not directly involved in their conflict (shoppers, tourists, commuters, bystanders etc), I do accept believe that Palestinians have been beaten with the sharp end of a shitty stick for a long time. I am not horrified by this TV programme, although I do admit it's sad.

I would assume that this isn't mainstream TV, and children are probably sat down to watch it by parents who regularly promote the same views to their children in their own homes. Wouldn't devoutly Christian Americans feel the same if they living in the same situation?

Old 05-12-2007, 01:44 AM   #6
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

It is stuff like this that pisses me off. I am not talking about the brainwashing (which I strongly disagree with), or knowing that this is just a response to Israeli oppression, but why the hell is a resistance/terror organization in control of the media and other social services. This same problem is what let Hezbollah gain so much power in Lebanon.

One big reason these groups have so much power is that they provide social services to their people. If Israel, America, UN, or whoever else wanted to help this problem, they would be the ones helping to provide the social services. While I do not agree with Israel being in control of Palestine's media, I do think they should at least provide social services if they are going to occupy land that is not solely theirs.

Rkzenrage - For this instance, I believe they are only using Allah as an excuse to gain support for their cause and are not actually doing it because they believe Allah wants them too.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:21 AM   #7
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Rk - I can't hear youtube videos, so I can't tell if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me, sorry.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #8
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

RK - the difference between your videos and mine is that there is no religious indoctrination in the videos that I posted. The videos don't instruct children in Islam. They instruct them in resistance. The children sing songs about death and using AK-47s against the enemy.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:05 PM   #9
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Teaching kids self respect for their culture is a good thing, but using them as pawns is another thing all together.

If Ricky the Rat isn't careful, the Israelis are going to put a hellfire missile on his tail.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 06:31 PM   #10
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Wanna see some fun stuff about good old American Christian indoctrination? Watch "Jesus Camp". Its extra scary for me because the people who run it live about ten minutes down 350 Highway from my house.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:25 PM   #11
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode View Post
Wanna see some fun stuff about good old American Christian indoctrination? Watch "Jesus Camp". Its extra scary for me because the people who run it live about ten minutes down 350 Highway from my house.
You must have had a really interesting visit from the welcome wagon when you moved into the new house.

"Thank you for this lovely welcome to the neighborhood. We appreciate your wanting to help, but it's really late for yard work, so could everyone please take your torches and pitchforks home?"
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:52 PM   #12
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

The Palestinians are pawns for Syria and especially Jordan. If it were only the Palestinians and Israel, the matter would have been resolved long ago.

Syria and Jordan want the Palestinians for pawns, and they are going to keep them as pawns. Iran's in the pawn business too, though with less visible national interest at stake.

Should Syria and Jordan be conquered and vanish as political entities? Will this make the problem solvable?
Old 05-15-2007, 02:58 PM   #13
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
Should Syria and Jordan be conquered and vanish as political entities? Will this make the problem solvable?
No, Israel will not give up their land and Palestine will not accept being pushed off their land. That is the main problem and will be the main problem no matter if Syria and Jordan are using Palestine as pawns or not.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:28 PM   #14
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Rk - I can't hear youtube videos, so I can't tell if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me, sorry.
Mine is of Christian indoctrination, they state that they want soldiers of god where the kids are as radical and militant for Christ as the Palestinians.
There is no difference.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:49 AM   #15
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

True enough as it stands, Pierce. But what if Syria and Jordan couldn't keep the Palestinians as they are any more? That's where my point about if it were solely Israel and the Palestinians arises.