The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #16
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
I kind of wonder if the 10 people interview is to get maybe drug testing out of the way. Not that I care nothing stronger than ibuprofen going on here. That is another new adventure I am told by the experienced when a complete stranger stays with you while you pee in a cup. I always wondered how much they get paid to wait for people to pee , I probably don't want that job
they might be hiring you to handle the pee cups. I've had to do it before, monitor specimen collection and it sure isn't fun
Old 11-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #17
Nirvana
Back in 10

Heee Sarge

So the 10 people at a time is because they are going to hire 120 people. The one on one interview consisted of problem solving and situation questions. I felt it went well and was told at the end that "Karen" would get back to me in 2 weeks after the background checks are completed. It looked like there were 10 more to interview in the lobby when I was leaving.
Does it sound like I am hired after the background check is clear? Everyone new is to start after Jan1st
Old 11-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #18
glatt

Sure sounds good to me. We only bother to run a background check if we plan to make an offer.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #19
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Yeah, cuz that costs money.

Hiring 120 People sounds like a good sign for the economy. You're definitely hired, Nirvana.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #20
Nirvana
Back in 10

Had not thought of it that way Glatt and LJ thanks. I will not starve if I don't have a job but this is a pleasant philanthropic company that cares about the community and 3 days a week way above minimum should be a breeze.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #21
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

I agree with glatt and LJ, things are looking good for this job. It sounds like a very nice work situation - philanthropy and caring about the community (and way above minimum wage) sound like a winning combination. Let us know how it goes!
Old 11-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #22
Big Sarge

Sounds great. I'm sure you have the job. Be careful though, you never know when you'll be assigned pee cup duty
Old 11-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #23
Nirvana
Back in 10

Thanks O
Sarge LOL and please use the PC term for that job [Ironically I saw it on Monster.com ] Specimen Handler
Old 11-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #24
Big Sarge

Will do. Specimen Handler at the Candy Factory. Sounds kind of perverted
Old 12-01-2013, 01:07 AM   #25
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Mmm licorice...
Quote:
One study found that a preparation of licorice may reduce body fat. Fifteen people of normal weight consumed 3.5 g of licorice each day for 2 months. Body fat was measured before and after treatment. Licorice appeared to reduce body fat mass and to suppress the hormone aldosterone; however, the people in the study retained more water.

Another study found that a topical preparation of glycyrrhetinic acid (a component of licorice) reduced the thickness of fat on the thigh in human
subjects. A third study found that people who took 900 mg of licorice flavonoid oil daily for 8 weeks had decreases in body fat, body weight, body mass index, and LDL cholesterol levels. More studies are needed to say if licorice really helps reduce fat. In addition, taking licorice long term has a number of health risks.

Other
People who regularly take large amounts of licorice -- more than 20 g/day -- may raise blood levels of the hormone aldosterone, which can cause serious side effects, including headache, high blood pressure, and heart problems. For people who already have high blood pressure or heart or kidney disease, as little as 5 g/day can cause these side effects. Further studies are needed.
link
Old 12-30-2013, 09:12 AM   #26
Nirvana
Back in 10

So I got a letter, "offer for employment", and today I am off to pee in a cup and the company requires a physical. For the physical I am thinking its because they offer even part time employees health insurance, vision, dental, short term disability,401 K and life insurance. The letter says a few benefits may require share the cost. I did not expect benefits but I hope I can opt out of the ones I do not need especially if they will cost me money.

I hope they have the real licorice Bruce I might get to eat some and lose fat yay! That would be an added benefit
Old 12-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #27
glatt

Wonderful news! Congratulations.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #28
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Cool!
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #29
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
I hope they have the real licorice Bruce I might get to eat some and lose fat yay! That would be an added benefit
I'm rooting for ya!
Old 12-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #30
Griff
still says videotape

Excellent!