The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 02-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #31
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Geez you guys are funny!

Summer's Eve
Makes me feel fine
Blowin' through the...

Oh never mind.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #32
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Shouldn't this title be

Special Vagina Units

BOOMP OMP
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #33
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
They just are not saying what they really want. They are looking for a viriginal birth. The State of Indiana wants to find the second coming of Christ.
Wouldn't that be the Second Cumming of God?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #34
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Believe me, I've been there and met the locals from north to south, east to west.

Christ ain't coming to no Indiana.

It has the distinction of being the worst state in the Union----followed closely by Ohio.

again, I ask, why is living here so cheap? Because NOBODY wants to live here. We are slaves to low rents and mind control (MK Ultra my werid-o pal says is still going strong and she should know....she works at Wright-Patterson AFB)
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 02-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #35
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
Some vagina's are dangerously twisty and narrow in places...
I have GOTTA get me one of those.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #36
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I have GOTTA get me one of those.
To get across the bridge to where the twisty vags is you must answer me these questions three:

1) What is it you quest?

2) What is your favorite color?

3) What is the capitol of Wisteria?

I included the flag of Wales because it's so fucking cool. No other reason.

—James Barrie

Old 02-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #37
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

You're in fine form today, Trilby.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #38
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Medicated-induced upswing, no doubt.

I'm not bi-polar per se; but I'm somewhere on the spectrum, which entitles me to act an ass; not that I get away with it. I have a very intolerant family. They hate any deviation from the norm. Did I mention my mother was head cheerleader?* And my father was a navy pilot? AND an engineer? well, that's what you get from that.

*spare me the 'blowjob' jokes.

—James Barrie

Old 02-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #39
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
You have no idea how long I've wanted to occupy a vagina. Or even just a visit.
I'm not a gynecologist. But I'll take a look anyway.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #40
Nirvana
Back in 10

The Misogyny Continues

Oklahoma May Deny Women Affordable Birth Control Because It ‘Poisons Their Bodies’

Oklahoma already prevents women from using their insurance plans to help cover abortion services, but Republicans aren’t stopping there. One state lawmaker wants to continue stripping insurance coverage for reproductive health services, advancing a measure that would allow employers to refuse to cover birth control for any reason — based solely on the fact that one of his constituents believes it “poisons women’s bodies.”

Under State Sen. Clark Jolley (R)’s measure, “no employer shall be required to provide or pay for any benefit or service related to abortion or contraception through the provision of health insurance to his or her employees.” According to the Tulsa World, Jolley’s inspiration for his bill came from one of his male constituents who is morally opposed to birth control, and wanted to find a small group insurance plan for himself and his family that didn’t include coverage for those services:

Jolley said the measure is the result of a request from a constituent, Dr. Dominic Pedulla, an Oklahoma City cardiologist who describes himself as a natural family planning medical consultant and women’s health researcher. [...]

Women are worse off with contraception because it suppresses and disables who they are, Pedulla said.

“Part of their identity is the potential to be a mother,” Pedulla said. “They are being asked to suppress and radically contradict part of their own identity, and if that wasn’t bad enough, they are being asked to poison their bodies.”
LINK
Old 02-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #41
Nirvana
Back in 10

Dear God save me from your followers

amen
Old 02-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #42
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Dear Christ save me from your followers

amen
Was it Ghandi who said, "You Christians are so unlike your Christ." ?

So Oklahoma (where the wind comes sweeping down the plain) is scratched off Places to See Before you Die along with Indiana. the only reason to go to South Carolina would be to stare at the natives and see Charleston.

eta: I've never been to Charleston but hear it's gorgeous and charming. But it also has that good ol' southern cry "War of Northern aggression" bullshit wrapped up in it's consciousness. I've been to many Southern cities and the only good one is NOLA and I think that's because it was such a hot mess of different peoples to begin with--French, Spanish, Cuban, Dominicans, Haitians, African Americans who passed due to all the inter, um, loving (raping?) having quadroons, octoroons, a true port city rich with pirates and whores. now that's what I like in a city. A bit humid; you want to wilt even in Feb. but a nice mix of all kinds of folks getting along (usually) with one another and a wicked corrupt police force.

—James Barrie

Last edited by Trilby; 02-24-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #43
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Oklahoma May Deny Women Affordable Birth Control Because It ‘Poisons Their Bodies’

Dr. Dominic Pedulla, an Oklahoma City cardiologist who describes himself as a natural family planning medical consultant and women’s health researcher. [...]

Women are worse off with contraception because it suppresses and disables who they are, Pedulla said.

“Part of their identity is the potential to be a mother,” Pedulla said. “They are being asked to suppress and radically contradict part of their own identity, and if that wasn’t bad enough, they are being asked to poison their bodies.”
LINK
Thank heavens there are MEN like Dr. Pedulla to explain to women how their bodies work! Where would you lot be without people like him?

Maybe the answer is for the US to split into 50 different countries, then let all the crazy ass OK people do what they want, the non crazy ass ones can move somewhere else.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #44
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

Interesting how Dr. Pedulla says women are being asked to poison themselves and betray their identities. By... whom, exactly? As if women are being fed contraceptives against their will?
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #45
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatl View Post
By... whom, exactly?
Feminists....wait, no...
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote