The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 08-01-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Aug 2, 2009: Gangbanger Makeover

An L.A. gangbanger named Richard Rodriguez didn't want a traffic ticket, so he led the police on a televised chase that ended in him crashing the car, followed by a foot pursuit. Allegedly an El Monte cop kicked him in the head, so he's suing El Monte for $5 million.

Quote:
The attorney for a gang member kicked in the head by an El Monte police officer at the end of a televised car chase thinks his client has a great case. On Thursday, Nick Pacheco filed a $5-million legal claim against the city on behalf of the 23-year-old.

But just in case, the attorney said his heavily tattooed client will be getting an extreme makeover in time for a trial, complete with a thick Tom Selleck mustache -- think "Magnum P.I." -- to cover the name of his street gang, which is inked on his upper lip. Richard Rodriguez will also grow hair to cover the tattoos on his shaved head. And he'll wear a nice, conservative suit.

To make his point, Pacheco used Photoshop to show the difference.
I doubt this will sway the judge, but I wonder how much it will affect the jury?

link
Old 08-02-2009, 03:12 AM   #2
SPUCK
Professor

I hope not a cent..
SPUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 05:09 AM   #3
Ibby
erika

hey, if the guy was kicked, and shouldn't've been, I hope he wins his case. just cause he's a waste of a human being doesn't mean we should break the law in our treatment of him. and at least if he looks presentable his looks might not be an issue in whether or not he was treated brutally by the police.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:42 AM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The cop says it's called a "distraction blow", and it's taught in the police Academy. I find that rather a shaky defense, but that's up to the courts to decide. If the cop is guilty, he should be punished. But there is no way in hell this guy deserves $5 million.

Quote:
The pursuit began about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at an attempted traffic stop in El Monte, police said. Authorities tried to stop the motorist for a traffic violation, said California Highway Patrol Officer Jose Nunez. Rodriguez opted to keep going, heading onto the eastbound San Bernardino (10) Freeway, then exited in Baldwin Park, police said. The driver had two passengers in the car, but when the vehicle came to a stop in traffic, one of them jumped out and surrendered to police. The driver, however, sped off again, and unidentified objects were thrown out of the car.
The driver used a sidewalk to avoid traffic before getting back onto the eastbound San Bernardino (10) Freeway, where he was met by two patrol units. Going about 85 mph, Rodriguez took the 10 to the southbound San Gabriel River (605) Freeway and exited on Whittier Boulevard, where the car immediately slammed into a sport utility vehicle. One of the occupants was taken into custody almost immediately and Rodriguez ran to the back of a nearby apartment complex and was arrested there.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:17 AM   #5
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

Several people hurt, cars damaged, running from police and he's the victim? El Monte should be suing him for damages and wasting their resources.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:24 AM   #6
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

Fixed it.
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2009, 07:14 AM   #7
Griff
still says videotape

Radio guys were talking about this nonsense last week as it related to Plaxico Burress shooting himself in the leg while playing at being a gangbanger. He naturally showed up in court looking like a Rotary Club Secretary. Their suggestion was that you should be dressed the same as you were when you got picked up. All that said they've got to have a fair trial.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:14 AM   #8
chrisinhouston
Professor

If he's having a major makeover they should fix his ears and those big red splotches!
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #9
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

funny that the cop kicked him in the head when said cop has that handy-dandy taser at his disposal. Sounds like cop lost his professional "cool".
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #10
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Just looking at his pick makes me want to kick him in the head.... as a prelude to kicking his ass. Fucking punk.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #11
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Growing hair will not help much. It isn't the crop that needs attention, it is the subsoil.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #12
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Check out that hairline--apparently the lawyer's going to give the guy hair plugs while he's at it.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:23 PM   #13
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

Jeez, I hope that when the cop kicked him, he hiked up his trousers, and, in his best Jackie Gleason voice, said "That's called an 'attention getter.'"

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:54 PM   #14
lupin..the..3rd
Belt Conveyor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
If the cop is guilty, he should be punished. But there is no way in hell this guy deserves $5 million.
x2 the case should be tossed out as a frivolous lawsuit. There's nothing in here worth $5 million or even a fraction of that.
lupin..the..3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:49 AM   #15
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Let him rot in jail. He should be popular with that tat on his upper lip.