The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 08-24-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
squirell nutkin
has a second hand user title

Holy Crap Airborn Firebird Disintegrates, Kid Survives

Caught on cop's dash cam

Old 08-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
GunMaster357
Professor

Ouch...
Old 08-24-2010, 10:07 AM   #3
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Happend just around the corner from me -

Can't believe that kid didn't buy the farm...

CareFlight (hospital helicopter) landed right on the highway yesterday morning (it happened around 7:15 a.m.) to haul the kid to Miami Valley Hospital.

No more details yet, though. Kid was from Mason, Ohio - a bit south of me, between dayton and cincy.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Did you notice how high up on the support the car hit... just below that huge cross-member support.

I know in events like this it's just a matter of dumb blind luck, good or bad.
But sometimes I want to believe that if the youngster survives,
he just has to eventually do something extraordinary good in his remaining lifetime.
Otherwise, it's just a matter of dumb blind luck.
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #5
dmg1969
I got nothing

That is incredible to believe the kid survived that. We just had a guy killed running from the police in Harrisburg, PA last night. Well, it certainly saves on the prosecution and incarceration costs.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:39 AM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
BEAVERCREEK, OH — A 19-year-old Mason man driving south on Interstate 675 on Monday morning near the Indian Ripple Road exit crashed his car into an overpass, breaking the car into pieces and shutting down traffic for five hours.

The driver has been identified as Brennan S. Eden. He was undergoing surgery as of 4 p.m. Monday.
The specific cause of the crash has not yet been determined, but Ohio State Highway Patrol Lt. Marty Fellure said crash investigators are looking into whether speed played a factor. The investigators also will test for alcohol, which is a routine procedure.
Eden was seriously injured and flown to Miami Valley Hospital via a CareFlight helicopter, according to Fellure.
The accident happened about 7:15 a.m. Monday, Aug,. 23. Eden was driving a 1985 Pontiac Firebird south along the highway when the car went left of center and struck a culvert, which launched the car into the air until it struck the Wagner Road overpass. The Firebird disintegrated into many pieces. Eden was ejected and came to rest on the right berm of southbound I-675.
Investigators don’t know how fast Eden was driving but suspect he was traveling in excess of the 65 mph speed limit.
Duh.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #7
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

That guy totally saw that in a video game. If he made it high enough to land on the cross street on top of the bridge, he would have totally gotten away.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:02 PM   #8
dmg1969
I got nothing

"...crash investigators are looking into whether speed played a factor."

I'd say if you hit the culvert fast enough to launch your car like the friggin' Space Shuttle...speed was a factor.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #9
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
That guy totally saw that in a video game. If he made it high enough to land on the cross street on top of the bridge, he would have totally gotten away.
And bonus points!
Old 08-24-2010, 05:55 PM   #10
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Just heard this guy had JUST been released from jail and he was driving home.

Yeeeesh.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:19 PM   #11
Cloud

stupid boys. and . . . holy shit!
Old 08-24-2010, 10:04 PM   #12
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

This is proof that evolution doesn't work, because this kid survived, and he's young enough that he'll probably get out of prison and still be able to reproduce...well, assuming he didn't get his dick ripped off, which is a distinct possibility.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #13
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Don't be too sure he will reproduce.
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2010, 11:51 AM   #14
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Possibly he's already done so.

Quote:
Beavercreek police said Tuesday that they had arrested Eden at 6:13 a.m. Monday on charges including possession of alcohol, drug paraphernalia and drug abuse after he was found with a 15-year-old Beavercreek girl in the parking lot near the corner of Beaver Vu Drive and North Fairfield Road.
More

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #15
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

So close to me, different interstate. These are the kind of people I was talking about: so you don't value your life but there are hundreds of other people on these roads: parents, grandparents, nieces, nephews, brothers, sisters, husbands, wives, children. Selfish motherfucker threw a shit fit and OH BOY it's a miracle he's still alive. What the miracle is is that he didn't hurt or kill anyone else. HIS prognosis means very little to me.

Harsh? Yes, but my gawd how fucked up you gotta be to pull a stunt like that. Pimple on society's ass, as far as I can tell.

So no, Mrs Eden-Shingleton, I won't be praying for your son. He could have killed me, he could have killed a loved one of mine. I really don't hope he dies, but I'm not supporting the cause in any way, shape, or form.

If he lives in any meaningful way, perhaps he could use his experience to explain to other kids that being a moronic punk-ass angsty teenager with a death wish isn't really all that cool. Even less than cool, it could have turned into murderous. Go cry on your snot rag and leave the rest of the world out of it. kthxbai