The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 08-26-2008, 12:16 PM   #2401
lookout123
changed his status to single

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're having SG. On the bright side, I'm a sucker for believing in the averages, so I can't help but think about the awesome amounts of good luck that is obviously coming your way to average all this out. You'll be filling whole pages of What's making you happy today? at a single sitting.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:21 PM   #2402
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

So true. Hang in there, SG!
Old 08-26-2008, 01:54 PM   #2403
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Sundae, do you know anything about the people who are buying the pub? Is the main concern not being able to live there, or are you worried about job security too? Just need to know exactly what I need to be crossing my fingers for over here. I know everything will work out, one way or another.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:53 PM   #2404
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Minifob (aka Kudzu Head) was due for yet another haircut. He has caught on to my trick of cutting it all ninja-style while he stands in the bathtub playing with the running water, and fought me on it more than usual. Dodging his head away from me, swinging his arm up to block me at the last second... as a result, I made a couple of really bad cuts, and the final product was, well, unpresentable to say the least. It looked terrible. So I had to just bite the bullet and hold him down while I buzzed his whole head with the clippers. He was really, really upset. At least I know he can go a good 6-8 weeks without needing another haircut now.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:46 PM   #2405
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

If you stab him in the head with those pointy scissors once or twice when he's windmilling his arms, he will probably learn that it's less painful for him to get his hair cut instead of his head. Either that or he'll get some interesting scars.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:52 PM   #2406
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

lmao @ Kudzu Head!

Poor fella!
Old 08-26-2008, 06:15 PM   #2407
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Thanks everyone.
Watch out Bri, you never know...!

I can't do much about my circumstances right now (except be sensible) so I am working on my attitude instead. And coming here really helps.
Two things you can to to help yourself - and you're doing them already! Keep it up SG, we're all rooting for you!
Old 08-27-2008, 05:02 PM   #2408
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

I had the next two days All planned out ,
Tomorrow wire and fire a truck scale with a friend I have worked with for close to 20 years, he knows what hes doing and we have fun working togather
and Friday , do a few little piddly jobs close to home , off early to go camping this week end

Then the phone rings , its my boss , ugh rember those 5 Big load cells yew ordered for Cust X , ughhh well their Plant is going to be down all day friday , they want them installed .
Installing 1 or these takes about 3-4 hrs , FUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!

Just now the phone rang again , Its a Verry diffacult customer to get along with , she Loves her some Zip though , Ughhh my Rail scale is down what time can you be her inhe morning ??? Soryy but I'm booked for the next 2 days , her " Hold on" , Beep My boss iss confrenced in , So whatime do you want me on site , Howw about 6am , thatss solid Overtime , her OK, so now I havve to Leave at 4am to go fix her rail scale AN then go wire and fire that truck scale !!!

FUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK Mee runnen !!!!!

Seee what happens when you make plans !!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2008, 01:41 PM   #2409
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh Zip! That's such a shame.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:08 PM   #2410
Griff
still says videotape

Zip, I really think something's wrong with your truck. It just isn't running well. You'd best get it right back to the shop now...
Old 08-28-2008, 05:14 PM   #2411
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I think I pulled a muscle in my stomach last night during a coughing fit (andI don't know where that came from because I don't have a cold or even a sore throat this morning...I'm thinking maybe I swallowed a bug in my sleep. Yuck!)

I'm tired and have a headache also.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:40 PM   #2412
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Ouch. Poor you, are you able to stomach aspirin or somesuch?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:41 PM   #2413
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

it's not that bad. I'm just complaining because I can. I'll be alright. I just wont be doing any pelvic floor excercises for a few days.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:58 AM   #2414
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Sundae, do you know anything about the people who are buying the pub? Is the main concern not being able to live there, or are you worried about job security too?
I'm more worried about somewhere to live - I get £40 a week from the pub and although that's very useful I can live without it if I have to. I'm mostly concerned about the exchange happening before next payday. That's when I will have enough money for a deposit and a months rent in advance so I can move into another place. Before that and I'm in a very awkward situation.

Damn, thought I'd reconciled myself to that - I've got butterflies again just thinking about it.

Anyway. Just to compound my misery I am still itching like hell. I went to the Doctors on Wednesday and he said I'm having an allergic reaction to something I've eaten. If the hives aren't down by Monday I should go back and they'll give me steroids. Well they're still live and perky and roaming my body with a strange sort of symmetry. The palms of my hands and between my fingers are worst at the moment. If you would like to participate online go out and grab yourself a handful of stinging nettles. Oh and drop a couple on your feet and tickle your underarms while you're at it. From what I saw in the bathroom this morning my sides and back are next on the list.

This - and Diz being really insecure and needing comforting at ridiculous hours - means I've had about 4 hours sleep a night since Monday. Thought "Sod-it!" today and have bought some sleepy anti-histamines (been taking one a day non-drowsy since Tuesday). I've been very good and not double-dosing so far, but I am so miserable with the itch and the tiredness I could just lay down and die. Fingers crossed for some sleep tonight at least.

Sorry to be such a moaner recently.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:32 AM   #2415
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Oh hon. That sounds really shitty. Don't know if it will help you, but I always find that bathing with oilatum emollient really soothes. It's about a fiver for a small bottle.

Which reminds me. I am a bit upset that my eczema is really bad. It's been pretty flared for the past two or three weeks, but it's crested into nasty over last 48 hours.

*chuckles* I did the double-dose thing on the antihistimines last night and well-overslept this morning.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss