The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 09-15-2006, 09:46 AM   #91
BlacKat1980
You did what!!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman065
We are being almost anal about making sure there are no unspoken issues that could cause problems later on and it seems to working magnificently.
My partner (of one year) and I are pretty much the same, in our whole time together (living together almost the full year) we have only had one arguement and as we do about most issues, we laughed about it the next day too. What's the point in being angry with someone you love and spend bulk time with? It's a waste of precious moments together that could be happy times. I believe that you shouldn't leave home or go to bed angry or upset - what happens if one of you never wake up or die on your way to work? There's no second chance to say "I'm sorry and love you"

Someone once said "It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the number of moments that take your breath away that matter.

That's my worth...(okay so it's really been my $2 worth but anyway....
Old 09-15-2006, 09:59 AM   #92
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by romuh doog
We've been engaged seven years and have yet to miscommunicate where we are out of respect.
Seven years? Are you going by the "I'll marry you when I marry you" principle?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:27 AM   #93
BlacKat1980
You did what!!?

I'm in a VERY happy, loving relationship (1 year/one small argument) and don't think that all men are arseholes or anything such. I do know that some men as well as some women can be nasty, it works both ways, not just one. I'm sure that if you are truly happy, then you are truly happy. There's no "He/she treats me llike shit but I still love him/her" Either you're happy and respectful of each other or you're not suited.

On the funny side, my sister sent me this the other day (sounds just like her too! ):

World's Shortest Fairytale

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl "Will you marry me?" The girl said, "NO!" And the girl lived happily ever after and went shopping, dancing, camping, drank martinis, always had a clean house, never had to cook, had sex with whomever she pleased... did whatever the hell she wanted, never argued, didn't get fat, travelled more, had many boyfriends, saved more money, and had all the hot water to herself. She watched chick flicks, never football, never wore fricken lacy lingerie that went up her ass, had high self esteem, never cried or yelled, felt and looked fabulous in sweat pants, and burped, swore, and farted all the time.

THE END