The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 04-01-2005, 05:31 AM   #1
Brett's Honey
whatever

What Scary Place Do You Live In?

http://theshadowlands.net/places/
Brett's Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:40 AM   #2
perth
Strong Silent Type

From here...

Quote:
Berthoud - South of Carter Lake - A man is seen in the vicinity of Bennet Road during daylight walking through the hills carrying a canvas bag that is thrown over his shoulder. "Mr. Bennet," the original settler of the area was shot and killed on Bennet Road as the result of a land dispute. The apparition disappears as he walks along.
I'm familiar with this area, grew up nearby. I've never heard this story or any variant, but now I'm gonna have to visit next time I'm up there.
Quote:
Colorado Springs - British Home Shop - There are several spirits just hanging out at the British Home Shop with daily activity. One of the spirits has fun by locking you in the woman's restroom. Several investigations have produced positive videos, orb and ecto pictures and evp's. The owners of the shop will talk to you about the spirits just ask them.
I drove by this store the other day and thought I should stop in to visit. It's in the middle of a strip-mall.
Quote:
Colorado Springs - Chapel Hills - K-Mart - There have been reports of displays being knocked over and strange noises back in the Garden Shop. Employees who have had to open the Garden Shop early in the mornings have reported cold spots and the feeling of someone brushing against them as they've gone through the aisles. The occurrences have been attributed to a former manager there by the name of Carl who passed away in 1998.
Actually, That K-Mart is kind of creepy. Were I to believe in hauntings, I suppose I would peg it. This mall is laid out in kind of a spoke-pattern, and this particular arm is just sort of lame. No really cool stores to speak of; there's a movie theatre but like typical mall theatres it's dirty and ugly. The area around the K-Mart is dark with empty hallways branching off each side.
Quote:
Colorado Springs - Rockrimmon - McDonalds - Currently during business hours employees had reported hearing children scream as if they are being killed, along with children playing around the fryers. It is said at night during closing hours an Indian chief has been known to shut off lights, push people and move things. Along with things opening closing and starting by themselves.
I work near this McDonald's, and occasionally eat there. The most frightening thing I've experienced there is the "Tip:" line on the credit card receipts they print.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:04 PM   #3
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Norristown - Norristown State Hospital - There are tunnels underground that connect to the buildings in the Norristown State Hospital. It is said that there are ghost in them of the deceased inmates of the hospital. Sometimes they escape and run around down there.
Incorrect information ... although there are tunnels under the state hospital property, that's not where the ghosts are.

The tunnels are where the rats and roaches are.

The tunnels were closed in the 70s because some very alive mental patients were sneaking down there to do drugs and have sex. Often at the same time.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:10 PM   #4
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
--znip--
The tunnels were closed in the 70s because some very alive mental patients were sneaking down there to do drugs and have sex. Often at the same time.
You say that like it's a bad thing. Why? Were the tunnels so small that only one person at a time could safely use them?
Old 04-01-2005, 12:30 PM   #5
russotto
Professor

In my little townhouse development, a man stabbed, strangled, and bashed the head in of his girlfriend a few years ago, and somehow escaped with only a third degree murder conviction. Less than two years ago, a woman burned her home down while she and her wheelchair-bound mother were inside. But for some reason, suburban townhomes don't seem to lend themselves to ghost stories. Not that anyone has bought the latter home yet.
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:06 PM   #6
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Most of the good suburban townhome ghost stories are those of things attached to the land before the house was built.

The old, angry, drunk who died in the house stories aren't as exciting. Friend of mine had one of those. It's not as easy as you think to explain that their house isn't theirs anymore. (What is funny (strange, not haha) about this one, is that I took the phone call from a sister to explain commitment procedures and we eventually learned, through a follow up call, that the guy had died. My friend, without knowing that part of the story, bought the house about 6 months later).

Another lady I know made peace with the dead former homeowner. He gets to stay in the garden, she gets the house.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:33 PM   #7
lol
Eavesdropper

Woodbridge - Lazy Susan Dinner Theatre - The ghost or ghosts who haunt the Lazy Susan have been known to rearrange the chairs & place settings in the dining room.� Several people have reported seeing unexplained lights moving around backstage, and many people have reported feeling a "presence" when alone in the theatre.

Woodbridge - Old haunted orphan houses - Many years ago off of Route 1 in Woodbridge, Virginia were several houses that belonged to old families who would adopt orphans as a way of life. The problem is that big corporal companies came in to build over the houses and so the families were evicted. Years later when the land had begin to furnish again, contractors decided to build over the houses since the plan to construct when they had been torn down had been shunned. When construction began several appearances had been sighted of children running around and giggling in the woods. Machinery started to malfunction and people started to disappear in the woods when bodies of the children had been found in unmarked stone graves around the houses. The area of land is located across from the junkyard that sits across the street from the original orphan house all the way to the forest miles behind and next to Potomac library. The only people who were able to survive in the area and camp there were homeless people. It is said that the orphans take pity on their misfortune and spare them the life they had previously lead. That goes to show even the dead show sympathy.

Woodbridge - Skini Fatz Bar/Restaurant - Skini Fatz theme has been�changed a lot over the years. They have�witnessed�lights turning on after they've�closed for the night. An older man in what�is used as the waitress dressing area.��also there have been reports from various people stating they've�seen a young man in the parking lot. This gentleman was hit�by a car about 10-15 years ago.�Overall the place is eclectic�both in looks and in other fashions. It's an overall neat place to go and check out one night. The manager there is a really nice guy. And the best part of all is you can look around pretty much the entire place.

hmmm maybe i should check out these places
lol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:34 PM   #8
lol
Eavesdropper

there is alot more places i could go to but i moved away from fairfax
lol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 04:38 PM   #9
mrnoodle
bent

They're a little free with their Ft. Collins history. Troops stationed at Ft. Collins didn't see much action; I only know of one skirmish with Indians in the area. The Overland Trail passed through here, but nothing much happened that I've been able to research.

The Bingham Hill cemetery is legit -- it's a hotbed of paranormal happenings. So much so that our local devil-worshiper wannabes kill their cats there. Same with the Hell Tree, which is close by.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:31 PM   #10
lookout123
changed his status to single

In Illinois:
Quote:
Colona - Kauzlarich House - There had been shadows in the halls and things turning on and off without being touched
i was born and raised in this town of 3,000. never heard this name before in my life. never heard of any hauntings at all.
Quote:
Macomb - Western Illinois University - Simpkins Hall - This building is the second oldest on campus. It was a grade school, high school, and finally the English building. There is a janitor that haunts the third floor. Many a professor has claimed that the janitor turns off their office light and closes the door while they were still working within. A little girl roams the 1st floor. You can here her little running footsteps and an occasional giggle. If you're lucky she asks if "you want to play".
spent 3 years of my life in this building. never a sound.
Quote:
Milan - Milan Manor Apartment Woods
mysterious sighting aren't that uncommon in crack houses, ya know?
Quote:
Rock Island - The Villa - The Villa, back in the early 1900's The Villa was a school for girls, like dormitories.
get thee to a nunnery, because that's what this was. i've stayed the night in that building many times as they rented it out for different youth events in the late '80's and early '90's. not a sound. awesome old building though. visually it would be perfect for making up these kind of stories.
Quote:
Galesburg - Knox College
yep, spent time there too. never heard anything about this one.

in arizona:
Quote:
Anthem - The desert - In 1986 a couple of campers in the desert were camping when they seen the ghosts of Indians riding horses, shooting arrows at them. Every year there has been a man seen holding a lantern, trying to hitchhike to Phoenix. It has been reported that this man was killed when a car ran him over. In present day Anthem by the prison, in the 1800s a mining tunnel was made that went a mile under the earth. This tunnel collapsed and killed 10 workers in the horrible accident. The ghosts of several coyotes and deer can be seen in New River. They were killed by hunters and they will try to attack, tourists who try to touch them. Every month at the start of the month Ufos will be seen in the desert. One friend of mine said he seen a "little green man" Many of the ghosts in the desert or in Anthem will try to hurt people. One man was killed after he tried to see ghosts and aliens and his soul is just one of the many who haunts this area.
this guy smokes some good stuff. this is right by my house. mine? UFO's? prison?
Quote:
Glendale - Deer Valley High School - Random Romeo haunting that has lasted 20 years. Auditorium patrons and players have experienced many occurrences of the supernatural. Kids crying in the back hall, a longing wail of affection for a lost lover, and the untimely shorting out of lighting and sound equipment.
20 years? the school isn't even that old.
Quote:
Phoenix - 19th Avenue & Northern - Many heard whimpering sounds and crying down the long dark corridors, and most were too afraid to venture deep into the basement where stories of torture and murder ran rampant.
no basements in the area due to flooding issues.

i don't know who gathers all of these stories, but i like whoever it is. they are just brimming with BS. i bet they'd be fun to drink a few beers and BS with for awhile.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:44 PM   #11
be-bop
Operations Operative

Scary Places near me

If you are ever in Edinburgh try here

http://www.mercattours.com/index.htm
be-bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:25 AM   #12
perth
Strong Silent Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
They're a little free with their Ft. Collins history. Troops stationed at Ft. Collins didn't see much action; I only know of one skirmish with Indians in the area. The Overland Trail passed through here, but nothing much happened that I've been able to research.

The Bingham Hill cemetery is legit -- it's a hotbed of paranormal happenings. So much so that our local devil-worshiper wannabes kill their cats there. Same with the Hell Tree, which is close by.
MrNoodle, any chance you could tell me the location of the tree? I'm probably going to be up in Fort Collins this weekend and want to check it out if I can (Not that I believe in any of this, I just find it fascinating).
Old 04-06-2005, 09:27 AM   #13
mrnoodle
bent

I can't say, exactly. And I was raised here :P

I always assumed it was the big tree at the intersection of Overland Trail and Bingham Hill road. I will call someone and try to find out for you before this weekend.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:38 AM   #14
perth
Strong Silent Type

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2005, 10:27 AM   #15
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
i don't know who gathers all of these stories, but i like whoever it is. they are just brimming with BS. i bet they'd be fun to drink a few beers and BS with for awhile.
from the site:
Quote:
To add a haunted place that is not listed here please email the following info:
name of place , location (city & state), etc.
brief description of the haunting(s)
put haunted place in the subject of your email
send the info here
or use the form linked below.
To Add A Haunted Place Click Here
Thanks for all the contributions! As far as we know, it's the only page of it's size and scope. Thanks again and keep up the great work.
That explains all the spelling errors. I think I may add a site. Let's see... I've seen and heard a lot of stange and unexplained things in The Cellar.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote