The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 03-31-2007, 08:27 PM   #16
bluesdave
Getting older every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenv View Post
Cane toad venom is used to create the hallucinogenic experience used in zombification, along with datura "zombie cucumber" and blowfish poison to create the illusion that they are dead. The guys designated as future zombies (usually for some really bad behavior) are unwittingly given the cane frog and blowfish poison, appear to die, are burried for a couple of days while the fugu wears off, then are dug up slightly after awakening in a coffin and addicted to datura while they work as slaves. Haitian traditional capital punnishment.
What you say might be correct - I do not know, but I do know that what I said is correct. Believe me, the cane toad has been well researched here because it is such a threat to our wildlife, and has *killed* so much of it. There are whole areas of Queensland where some native animals (I am including reptiles and birds), have been wiped out. There is nothing "temporary" about it if the animal consumes enough of the poison.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:16 PM   #17
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenv View Post
Cane toad venom is used to create the hallucinogenic experience used in zombification, along with datura "zombie cucumber" and blowfish poison to create the illusion that they are dead. The guys designated as future zombies (usually for some really bad behavior) are unwittingly given the cane frog and blowfish poison, appear to die, are burried for a couple of days while the fugu wears off, then are dug up slightly after awakening in a coffin and addicted to datura while they work as slaves. Haitian traditional capital punnishment.
Cool.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:25 PM   #18
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I read an article where the author theorized Mary gave datura to Jesus on the cross, in order to fool the Romans.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:05 PM   #19
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Hey!! None of you wanna eat the cute little frog??

C'mon, I expected better.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:09 AM   #20
Kingswood
Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

I don't think a toad is really worthy of the name Toadzilla until it is the height of a respectable office building, is attracted to pollution, and wreaks havoc wherever it goes. Only one third of the way there so far.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:48 AM   #21
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

The only good toad is a squashed toad. We have a national passtime in Qld. Late on summer evenings when the air cools down but the road retains it's heat, toads like sitting on it. Naturally, they make excellent targets for the wheels of cars. Often times, two cars travelling to the same destination will compete to see who can squash the most toads en route.

We also use cricket bats and wickets. Golf clubs and metal stakes to kill them. They also make good footballs except you need to make sure you have shoes on cause they feel very icky to the touch.

Toads kill animals. That's a fact here in Qld. It's why so many people spend so much time killing the mongrels during summer.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:54 PM   #22
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingswood View Post
I don't think a toad is really worthy of the name Toadzilla until it is the height of a respectable office building, is attracted to pollution, and wreaks havoc wherever it goes. Only one third of the way there so far.
C'mon, anything that can kill you, deserves at least 2/3.