The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 09-27-2006, 03:28 PM   #16
vrai_rennx
Voix de Vérité

Just to clarify something real quick:

When I mean we haven't done anything sexual besides a little heavy kissing, I mean -heavy- kissing. Making out. The only reason it's only a little is because the opportunity doesn't often present itself for us to be alone. Enough that we sometimes get close to going farther. But we've discussed this together and decided, for the same reasons I wouldn't have sex with a guy before college, we want to wait.

So that's not an issue.

And you're probably right about the 17-year-old male thing. x.x

~les beaux esprits se rencontrent~
vrai_rennx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:49 PM   #17
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I'm so damn old-fashioned. I thought the only legitimate reason not to have sex before college was because no would *let*me. Then, I had sex, and decided I liked it so much, I'd just skip college.

No one told me that college was where you wanted to be if sex was your favorite pastime. Obviously, I wasn't smart enough to get into college, anyway.

Your last statement does beg a question, though. Where are you that you can do *heavy* kissing, but you are afraid to be caught doing anything more? I mean, wouldn't someone who stumbled across you making out be approximately as freaked out as someone who discovered you having your ears warmed?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:58 PM   #18
vrai_rennx
Voix de Vérité

We want to wait for at least college because we'll be older, and (hopefully) more mature and stuff.

And when we make out, it's usually at her or occasionally my house, where we don't want parents/siblings catching us.

Old 09-27-2006, 04:06 PM   #19
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
I agree with Bruce...a little kissing doesn't make you a lesbian. I'm not real sure if it even makes you bi. It makes you a teenager playing about, figuring things out. Therefore, there really isn't much to come out *about*, so why the fuss?

Also, it might be worth mentioning that, should you "come out", you'll both have more male attention than you know what to do with, 'cause at that age, many of them will feel like it is their sworn young masculine duty to show you the benefits of meat injection over other forms of carnal entertainment. I seem to vaguely recall having feelings of that sort before I grew up and obtained a life, anyway. I doubt that the average 17 year old male is a whole lot more enlightened than we were at that age.

Sounds to me like your galpal is, in fact, looking for attention (of some sort) more than anything, here.

Why is it that everyone else (especially Elspode) is so much better than me at saying what I want to say?
Old 09-27-2006, 04:16 PM   #20
Elspode

In my case, it is a matter of being so full of shit that some leaks out uncontrollably, and some small bits of that leakage make some sense. On the whole, though, it is just shit.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:39 PM   #21
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

False modesty does not become you.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:00 PM   #22
wolf
lobber of scimitars

At 16, you think you know a lot of things.

The truth, although you won't believe me, because that's another one of the things that you know, is that you don't.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:44 PM   #23
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Big V & Wolf, truer words were never spoken.
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:39 AM   #24
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

yesman...when you were 16 do you think you were perhaps confused about your sexuality? eg. Did you sometimes wonder if you might be gay or straight?

My point is that in matters of sexuality I don't think anyone else has a right to tell you that you don't know what you're talking about, regardless of your age.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:53 AM   #25
Ibby
erika

I think Aliantha sums up how I feel rather well...

Coming from a bi 15-year-old, I say that nobody can tell me or anyone else what my or their sexuality is or isn't. You can think what you want, but I know I like the boy-folk and the girl-folk.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:27 AM   #26
vrai_rennx
Voix de Vérité

Exactly. I've liked both girls and guys, for either their personality, looks, or both. I've dated both guys and girls. I'm bi.

Old 09-30-2006, 01:21 PM   #27
Elspode

And there's nothing wrong with that, but isn't the question *still* whether or not you should come out as gay to make your girlfriend happy? I mean, wouldn't that be incorrect if you are bi?

In the end, you are just who you are, so why "come out" at all? Or, if you must, come out as You and leave it at that. How could she be upset with that?
Old 10-01-2006, 11:51 PM   #28
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I think it takes almost more courage for someone to be bi-sexual than it does for someone to be gay. For starters, if you're bi, people always say, well why can't you just choose one sex and be done with it - or something very close to, which leads then to the, 'oh he/she's just confused' argument.

As to 'comming out', I'd lay money on the odds of the g/f just wanting to not have to sneak around anymore and to be honest with people about the relationship. In my books, there's nothing wrong with that, although I can see how telling your family your sexual preferences lay somewhere outside the norm is intimidating and frightening, especially considering that chances are, this relationship is not going to last forever - if teenage romances of the past are anything to go by - and if the family goes apeshit, then where will our young lover be?
Old 10-02-2006, 02:32 AM   #29
Ibby
erika

Elspode, I think the point is not coming out of the closet as much as coming out as going out with a girl. She said her mother already knows shes bi, right?
Old 10-02-2006, 08:30 AM   #30
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Aliantha - When I was 16, I was more interested in having a good time rather than what sex I was interested in. I was partying, playing sports and just learning to drive. Sex was nowhere near the top of my list of important things to think about. Maybe thats the problem - kids today are in such a rush to "grow up" that they miss one of the most important parts of life - just being a kid.

Last edited by yesman065; 10-02-2006 at 08:34 AM.
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote