The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 05-20-2016, 11:30 AM   #16
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

They're off the mark by who's standards? For two mathematicians in 1880 UK, it was probably normal everyday logic.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:34 AM   #17
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
or it may not.

So, you've already come to a fair few conclusions about his relationship with this woman, and whether or not she is likely to have deserved this vengeful act based on no idea what went on prior to this act. You've deduced that she was bleeding that wallet of his and that he'll be financially better off without her. For alll we know he could have been leeching off her welfare benefits and bleeding her dry.

Or not - we don't know. The only thing we do 'know'* is that this man engaged in an act of vengeance after the woman ended their relationship.

*I say know, but we only have the news article to speak to the fact that she broke up with him.
Uh, no. What you've done here, perfessor, is jumped head first into a head-deep Pit of Wrong.

You've come to a conclusion or two yourself here.

What I "deduced" (your word, I didn't deduce anything, and your deduction was lacking in this case) is that someone is going to have to pay those parking tickets. That someone is more than likely going to be the person who parked the car. That's the guy, if you're still confused. After he pays those fines, pays some more fines and hires a lawyer and goes to jail, there's going to be a lot of room in his wallet. By that I mean he's not going to have a lot of money. Left in his wallet. From paying the fines.

Now, I've got to go do the today in history thing, and I'm afraid I'll look funny walking over there, so, if you wouldn't mind taking your Rocket Dog boots out of my ass, that would be lovely.

Please/Thank you.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:18 PM   #18
glatt

Ticket writer upon seeing the car each day: "I'm shocked. Shocked! that this car is still parked here. I gave them a ticket yesterday. Why didn't they move it? I guess I have to write another ticket so they will move it."

The airport has never heard of a tow truck? Give them like 6 tickets and then tow the fucker.

The airport shouldn't be rewarded for their boneheaded policy by awarding them any money.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:31 PM   #19
glatt

Actually, I retract the posts above. Both of these people belong on Jerry Springer.

Here's the real story.

Quote:
Preveau [boyfreind] bought the car from [girlfriend] Fitzgerald’s uncle, who signed the title of the car over to Fitzgerald. Preveau worked at O’Hare and drove the car to work regularly, according to the suit. On Nov. 17, 2009, it said, the car was ticketed for the first time for being an abandoned vehicle, but wasn’t removed until the city towed it in October 2012, nearly three years later.

Fitzgerald said in April that she had been unable to access the car because it was in an employee lot. She also said she had given her spare set of keys to Preveau when he lost his.

Tickets went beyond the car being abandoned in the lot. Fitzgerald was also ticketed multiple times for improperly tinted windows, not having the proper city sticker, expired plates or registration, cracked or missing windows and broken lamps, according to the lawsuit.

In all, 678 tickets were placed on the car without it ever being towed, according to the complaint.

While the vehicle in the O’Hare lot accrued more than $100,000 in parking tickets, Fitzgerald also had several thousand dollars of parking violations on another vehicle that was in her name, Drew said.
She ended up settling with the city for around $4k.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:48 PM   #20
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Uh, no. What you've done here, perfessor, is jumped head first into a head-deep Pit of Wrong.

You've come to a conclusion or two yourself here.

What I "deduced" (your word, I didn't deduce anything, and your deduction was lacking in this case) is that someone is going to have to pay those parking tickets. That someone is more than likely going to be the person who parked the car. That's the guy, if you're still confused. After he pays those fines, pays some more fines and hires a lawyer and goes to jail, there's going to be a lot of room in his wallet. By that I mean he's not going to have a lot of money. Left in his wallet. From paying the fines.

Now, I've got to go do the today in history thing, and I'm afraid I'll look funny walking over there, so, if you wouldn't mind taking your Rocket Dog boots out of my ass, that would be lovely.

Please/Thank you.

Grav! I totally misread your post, my bad :P
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:46 PM   #21
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

No worries. I'm already half-drunk, so, in about two hours, it never happened.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote