The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 01-24-2003, 08:24 PM   #1
mw451
Disorderly Orderly

Seriously, wht the heck is with Wacko-Jacko?

What is with this freak? I mean, have you... yes you have... seen his picture lately? What was with the dangle-the-infant-over-the-edge-of-a-balcony thing? What's up with that nose?

This thread won't last long I know, but give it a shot.

Can YOU explain what is up with Michael Jackson?

I can't even begin to... I hurts my brain... ouch...

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or... the one. -- Spock
mw451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 01:51 AM   #2
wolf
lobber of scimitars

As a professional, I felt it necessary to attempt some input on this thread.

I deal with people who ain't quite right on a daily basis.

I genuinely like and enjoy most of these people.

However, I don't think that even I am capable of explaining Jacko.

He is of another species.

You see, there are crazy people, and there are people like him.

Crazy people with money are different.

Many years ago (around the time of the John DuPont case) vsp put it best.

He made this little table. It listed various socioeconomic levels. They were ALL amusing. But the two I remember were something like ...

FILTHY RICH .............................. Eccentric
LIVING IN A BOX ........................ Speedbump on the roadway of life

I see a lot of option A. Relatively few of option B.

They get treated differently by the criminal justice system in particular. Police in jurisdictions with a lot of $500K+ homes know ... If you go to the good end of town, bend over backwards, and get the guy to the 'nice' hospital. The folks on the wrong side of the tracks get dumped into the back of a cruiser, after somehow managing to hit their head on the door on the way in.

So, what am I really saying here?

It's about money. If MJ didn't have more money that God (oh, I'm sorry, I believe I should have said 'Creator') we wouldn't have seen him after the child molestation accustions. Or the McCauley Culkin rumors. Or the Lisa Marie Thing. Or the baby dangling, or the ... well, you get the idea.

Oh, and the thing about the nose ... it's some kind of pressure necrosis. He's had the skin stretched so tight it's stressed to the point that it can no longer regenerate itself. The tissue dies, turns black, sloughs off. It's NASTY. He'll likely be going for the veil full time sometime soon ... gonna be looking like the Abominable Dr. Phibes in the near future, no doubt.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 07:44 AM   #3
Griff
still says videotape

The guy just makes me sad. All that talent but nonne in his life capable of telling him when lines are being crossed.
Old 01-25-2003, 10:53 AM   #4
juju
no one of consequence

Here's what he has to say about his skin condition:
<blockquote>Okay, this is the situation. I have a skin disorder that destroys the pigmentation of the skin. It's something that I cannot help. Okay? But when people make up stories that I don't want to be who I am, it hurts me... It's in my family. My father said it's on his side. I can't control it. I don't understand. I mean, it makes me very sad. I don't want to go into my medical history because that is private, but that's the situation here... We tried to control it, and using make-up evens it out because it makes blotches on my skin. I have to even out my skin <i>(Michael Jackson Talks to Oprah, 1993)</i>.</blockquote>
He also says this:
<blockquote>You know, don't judge a person, do not pass judgement, unless you have talked to them one on one. I don't care what the story is, do not judge them because it is a lie.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 11:07 AM   #5
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

El sicómoro thinks Jacko has become Wacko b/c:

1--That family just doesn't seem right. We've heard all the rumors about Joe being a no good s.o.b., and maybe there's more (or possibly nothing) to it. The fact that the family was raised as Witnesses could play into that as well.

2--Jacko never had a real childhood...the first Jackson Five record dropped when he was 11. All those formative years were spent on the road. So, what does he do when he's an adult? He buys a ranch, puts an amusement park and a bunch of animals on it, and hangs out with a bunch of little kids (Emmanuel Lewis, Macauley Culkin, etc.).

I really don't think Jacko ever grew up...he just lives in his own world, not knowing normal societal concepts.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 06:35 PM   #6
mw451
Disorderly Orderly

OK, the "freak" is on TV tonight at 8pm on ABC, the BBC documentary. This should be good, just like "Nightmare on Elm Street".

What a fruit!?! They should outlaw this "thing".

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or... the one. -- Spock
mw451 is offline   Reply With Quote