The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-06-2010, 07:25 AM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

What kinds of fights did you get in when you were younger?

When I was a kid I was a complete wuss and geek, and I was afraid to get into fights, and I never did. It didn't help being the shortest guy in my grade. But in my British year, 9th grade/3rd form, I was able to be an entirely different character due to the amount of attention paid to me, which I liked. There I did get into a fight, and I won it out of sheer confidence. I mostly just held the guy down and told him I didn't want to fight. Since then I have been allergic to violence and will avoid it at any costs.

You?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Against classmates? Fights that I won.
Against my sister? Fights that were a draw.
Against my brother? Fights I lost.

The fights with my sister were the most violent. We really both lost those.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:40 AM   #3
glatt

Not many. Fights with siblings don't really count, I think. I used to get into fights with my little brother a lot, but stopped when I realized he didn't know how to stop and was willing to go much further and was willing to actually injure me. Plus, he started getting bigger than me.

Only non-sibling fight I remember was in 3rd grade. I got into an argument with a friend on the playground at school. I'd seen other kids get into fights, so I thought I would try it. I shoved him a couple of times, and he kicked me in the nuts.

That was the end of that. I'm an expert at avoiding fights now.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:45 AM   #4
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Verbal.

Once I chased my sister around the house with a kitchen knife - but that was all in good fun.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:55 AM   #5
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

The only real fight I remember was one Saturday on the school yard.
It ended in a draw, but me a little more ahead.

On Monday, it started up again and I took a pounding...
from his big brother !
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #6
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

In fourth grade, I jumped on the back of a much bigger girl who was beating up my little brother. Lucky for me that stopped the fight, because I think she was so fucking surprised by it.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #7
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I avoided fighting as much as possible as I abhor violence. It didn't help that I was bullied and wanted to more than a few times but it's not my nature to hurt people. I preferred to play mean pranks on my tormentors instead. To this day, that is my default response.

As an example, during gym class, my bookbag had a habit of vanishing, along with textbooks, library books, homework and calculators and other expensive goodies. After the third time, about which the teacher could do nothing, I took a smaller leather satchel instead. Soon, there was a blood-curdling scream from the locker room. The class all streamed in there to see what had happened. Except me, I sauntered slowly, knowing what was going to happen. Seconds later, the class (and teacher) came boiling out again faster than they went in.
Somehow, a North American Hognose (a snake that mimics a cobra but is harmless) had gotten into the bag over the weekend. The thief was easily identifiable as he had levitated onto a bank of lockers. I collected the snake and the miscreant and hauled him to the principal, who suspended us BOTH. And made me let the snake go in the woods, which I would have done anyway.

I took the individual aside and told him the next time it might be a REAL cobra (they do not live in North America) or perhaps a rattlesnake, minus the rattle so he'd be wise to stay far away from my bags in future. I was bluffing of course, but...

No one ever really wins a fight. I learned that early on.

Brian

Last edited by BrianR; 11-06-2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: typo
BrianR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #8
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
WWII. The big one.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #9
Juniper
I know, right?

When I was in 6th grade, there were these mean bully girls who drove me crazy. One day I decided to stand up to them, or at least one of them, by picking a fight with her in the school's gym locker room.

I advanced, went to kick her (didn't know how to fight . . . duh) and on the swing, my other foot slipped on the wet floor and I ended up on my back, head hit the floor, stars spinning over my head.

When I'd recovered, they'd gone. I guess I kicked my own ass that day, which takes considerable talent.

They never really bothered me after that, though. I suppose they figured I wasn't worth the effort. Either way, I guess it worked out.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #10
Juniper
I know, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
The only real fight I remember was one Saturday on the school yard.
It ended in a draw, but me a little more ahead.

On Monday, it started up again and I took a pounding...
from his big brother !
Remember the days of the old schoolyard?

That's another Cat reference, but I'll spare you the embedded YouTube.

You should go check it out though, it's a cute video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFwDEqLQ0bA
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #11
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

nope

Nobody was ever mean. I was accepted into different circles, although by highschool the hoods were my group.

I never felt cast out but then I never knew there were mean spiriteded people until the internet, via my first pc. I guess that makes me a dork.

Now, I just have a take me or leave me attitude which was probably the attitude all along.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #12
Apollo
i need friends

Once, in middle school, a kid named Kenny kept getting in my face asking if I wanted to fight. I usually just gave him a weird look and walked away, but on this particular day we were at recess on top of this fairly large hill and he was being particularly annoying, so I shoved him and he fell down the hill. He wasn't injured, but I still got suspended.

Then there was a kid that kept twisting my nipples. I told him the next time he twisted them I'd punch him in the face. So, of course, I ended up punching him in the face. He ended up getting more suspension time than me because I told the administration he was sexually harassing me. Kind of a stretch but whatevs...

those are my only two fights!
Old 11-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #13
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

I think I was a prick as a kid. I've got a bad memory for stuff like that, and tend to forgive myself more easily than I should, too. So I assume most of the fights I got in were my fault. Once I decided that it was not helpful or whatever, I stopped getting in them. The last one was at 12 years old. Since then, I've been big enough to talk people out of wanting to fight me.

you eyeballing me?
jimhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #14
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

I went to a few racially tough schools ( I was one just a few White boys ) and I have All ways had some size to me , so I Learned EARLY on the best tactic was to get the Bluff in the first of the year 9 Leave that CRASY ASS White Boy ALONE !!) , Im Part of the reason there aren't fire extinguishers on the walls of Memphis city Schools !

Last Fight was in Iceland I bet a dude UP 2-3 flights of steps . he had it comeing , was trying to Push my buttons , I got sick of it and Pushed him Up a few flights of stairs .
Old 11-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #15
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Due to my childhood, I am no stranger to violence. As a result, I can get my ass kicked, and carry on better than anyone I know.

One of the UncleDigrs said something once, that has since come to mean a lot to me. Some guy spouted off to him, and he (uncle) walked away. I told him I was somewhat impressed, cuz, back in the day, he would have stomped (or tried to) a mudhole in the guy's ass.

UncleDigr said: "I've gotten to the age where it hurts just as bad to give an ass-whuppin' as it does to take one."

I have rage issues, and an unbelievably short temper. But, looking back, I haven't really been in that many fights.

Last guy I punched hit the ground like a sack o' potatoes, but he was a cream puff. Had to be, I ain't bad like that. Last knock-down-drag-out I was in, yeah, I got knocked down.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote