The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #451
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I feel your pain.
I ordered something on 04/12/11. Christmas themed baking item.
It arrived today.

I wanted it to make goodies for the staff room.
No point now, only 2 days to go and on Friday we finish at midday (ie no staff having lunch at school).
Tomorrow we'll still be eating leftovers from the buffet today, so my efforts just wouldn't be appreciated in the same way.

I contacted the company mid-week last week and was told "Oh no, our standard shipping is 7 working days." Of course I was a fool for not checking, but you'd think they'd make it a bit more obvious at this time of year at least.

So I have to sit on this for A WHOLE YEAR NOW.
I won't send back because 1) I'd have to pay postage and 2) it's paid for now, and I'll still want it next year.

Disappointed though.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #452
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

You ordered it in APRIL? That's crazy!
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #453
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
You ordered it in APRIL? That's crazy!
Are you just arseing around or did you not know dates are written day/month/year in the UK?
Old 12-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #454
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Oops - I usually write dates in words to save confusion.
I can't comment on Shawnee's arse though...
Old 12-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #455
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Oh you wacky people!

Yeah, I did think of it later but it took me awhile. Funny how we get so used to a certain way it's hard to see it any other way. Especially when you have a day that could easily be a month (1-12)

Gotcha.

Actually my ex and I ordered online in the early days of being able to do so. We were so disappointed that nothing was coming on time we never did it again. So April didn't seem too farfetched. Of course, things have completely turned around since then.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #456
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

This is why we should all be using ISO 8601 date standard.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #457
regular.joe
Старый сержант

So, we are buying house with our VA loan. Should be a simple process. The processor calles me yesterday, three days before we close and says we need to give them another 1200.00 to close and they won't approve the loan if they don't see the money to cover the amount in our accounts. I said "WHAT"?! To make a long story short, they are trying to charge me for a transfer tax that does not exist in NC. So, I have a great realtor who says horse hockey, he does this stuff all the time. USAA is fucked up and now the process may not be able to close on Friday. We have friends and trucks lined up to move..etc....there is no reason to not be able to close. Man oh man, I'm sitting here right now waiting on a call from the processer to let us know the underwriter has approved the loan and can then send it to the lawyer in time to close on Friday. If it were not for the last minute nothing would ever get done. Yes this is really pissing me off right now.

Death, like birth, is a secret of Nature. - Marcus Aurelius.
regular.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:14 PM   #458
Griff
still says videotape

Pete just asked me why I was scowling at the computer. friggin VA. sorry Joe
Old 12-22-2011, 06:02 PM   #459
Nirvana
Back in 10

One thing that is pissing me off is this shortcut keyboard that erased the post I was going to make!

Trying again...

I have a Macy's card, I have had one since 1990 and since I am nowhere near a Macy's anymore I use it to buy online. Mostly my balance is zero. In Oct I bought 2 tops for $35.

I pay my bill online and in Nov I tried for 3 days to use their online bill pay and on the 3rd day the due date of the bill I called them so I could pay the balance in full on the phone because I could not do it online.

The lady apologized and knew they were having online trouble and that the phone fee to pay would be waived and I would not be charged any late fees should they occur. Oh and she says would you like to go paperless? It safer for the environment blah blah green blah blah, so I said sure. She told me if I had a balance I would get bill payment reminders in email. I have not used this card since Oct.

Today I get a collection bill in the snail mail for $64 WTF? So I call Macy's and after waiting 10 minutes I get Shawn Hardy [really?] whose Indian accent is so thick I can barely make out what he is trying to tell me and he was not understanding me either. I am good at deciphering foreigners speaking English!

Anyway after he understood that these were a late payment that should not have been charged and then a late payment charged on the late payment charge he offered to just let me pay one late payment charge.

Sucking in air I explained to him again that I should not have been charged the original late payment so NO I am not going to pay any of this. Finally the light bulb went off. One of the charges has been removed but the second has to be forwarded to higher ups to be removed.

Well we'll see....
Old 12-23-2011, 07:58 PM   #460
dungeonsandlizards
Soylent Greenhorn

I've got colds and I'm feeling lazy. >.<
dungeonsandlizards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:25 AM   #461
busterb
NSABFD

Christmas cards with the fall-off-every-where glitter shit.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:36 AM   #462
monster

Yesterday i miraclized most of the kitchen, today I'm all fired up to finish the job but there are holes in my right hand non-latex "rubber" glove. it was my last one. Everything in the stores at the moment is disposable or latex, neither of which will do the job. And no, you can't just turn the left one inside out.

(For those who don't know, I have chronic eczema on my hands and a severe latex allergy)
Old 12-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #463
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
What's your position on Nitrile?

All the cool kids have switched over to nitrile.

no endorsement of this company implied.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:33 AM   #464
monster

Nitrile is what I use -Mr Clean Nyplex but I can't get them for love or money these days. I even called their helpline and they were "oh yes, they're available from all these stores....." looks like I'mm'a have to go bulk industrial, but that won't get me any today....

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...ootChecked=yes
Old 12-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #465
monster

The disposable ones are no use, though -they just aren't strong enough. I can ge tindustrial strength ones in the stores -but they are too thick and are usually only available in humongous sizes.

/goldilocks

Tags
limburger